June 2019 Check In

Bright Suns everyone

Day 4 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu. Expecting to see lots more photos of the heap of junk and maybe some Storm Troopers

Some small updates
  1. Due to large crowds, there is now a waitlist in operation at Olgas Cantina. You check in with a CM and they text you a return time
  2. Anyone with multiple reservations, hotel and general public, there have been no issues regarding multiple visits. As long as you have the correct ID and the primary guest is present, it does not matter how many reservations you hold.
Good Run everyone and May The Force Be With You

After reading all the great reports about the lack of crowds and reservation system, I just pulled the trigger on a last minute trip this week Thursday to Friday at Disneyland hotel. Can't wait.

welcome, :) I'll add you to the list, dont forget to update us when you get your SWGE reservation

Do the DLR hotels have a luggage transfer service? We have a split stay between PPH and GCH. Do we need to lug our bags from one to the other?

I've been stalking the thread for awhile.....

We have a June 17th SWGE reservation from 8-12. I have to craft my lime Mickey Head but I'll be rockin' it on my new Disney Vera Bradley. We will be there just that day and then staying in LA and going to Sequoia NP for a couple of days.

And then on June 25-29 we are staying at BW Park Place for more Disneyland fun. It's going to be fun!

Bright Suns everyone

Day 5 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu.

It is just my crazy anxiety or is anyone else worried that crowds will pick up by the time they travel. I still have almost two weeks. I am afraid the word is out and it will be crazy =(

I sure hope not!!! I am thinking (or rather really just hoping) people aren't coming until June 24th or when the second ride opens! I am headed there this weekend and am keeping my fingers crossed that the crowds stay as lite as they have been!!!

It is just my crazy anxiety or is anyone else worried that crowds will pick up by the time they travel. I still have almost two weeks. I am afraid the word is out and it will be crazy =(

Ive been saying that for a while now and planning accordingly. Ive been in the minority up to now, but with SUCH low crowds since SWGE opened, its my opinion that once June 24 hits, the crowds will be massive, with at least one if not more fire marshal capacity closures

Ive been saying that for a while now and planning accordingly. Ive been in the minority up to now, but with SUCH low crowds since SWGE opened, its my opinion that once June 24 hits, the crowds will be massive, with at least one if not more fire marshal capacity closures

So do you think it will stay ok until the 24th hits though? I am going that week prior just all these people mentioning planning last minute trips during the reservations period has me nervous about a bounce back.

So do you think it will stay ok until the 24th hits though? I am going that week prior just all these people mentioning planning last minute trips during the reservations period has me nervous about a bounce back.

Yes, I think crowds will increase from what we have seen the last few days but it will still feel very empty. The general public reservations went within 2 hours, and Im guessing that caught many people off guard. So now unless you have the money to stay at an onsite hotel, people are staying away.

I would be the same, I wouldnt want to spend the money on a Disneyland trip during the reservation period if I didnt have a reservation. Especially since in a few weeks it will be open to everyone.

I am getting a bit anxious about this. We leave for CA this Saturday. Please please please stay away until at least the 14th.

That is true. My husband and I both said we weren't willing to pay to stay onsite but I think if we haven't have gotten free reservations we would have like sold a kidney or something and made it happen. It really would be hard to go and know you are missing an amazing brand new land. Fortunately I am a disboarder and obsessive planner extraordinaire and May 2nd certainly did not catch me off guard at all.

really thinking about going to DL before June 24. We are going in October and maybe were going to go during 4th of July for 2 or 3 days.

Would you go for the weekend Fri-Sun(1.5 days in park) or Just wait and go in July for 2.5 -3.5 days

Not sure if this has been answered yet, I scanned through. I have received my SWGE reservation day and time email a while back but never received the email people got last week regarding instructions for 8am reservations. Is there a scan bar or something they need to see in that so I can make sure I have my wrist band? I know a lot of DVC reservations didn't get the SWGE reservation email until they called a few days later to follow up- maybe the same here? Just want to make sure I will be okay with just the reservation email and obviously my AP and ID.

really thinking about going to DL before June 24. We are going in October and maybe were going to go during 4th of July for 2 or 3 days.

Would you go for the weekend Fri-Sun(1.5 days in park) or Just wait and go in July for 2.5 -3.5 days

That would depend
  1. Do you have the budget to stay onsite and get a Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation?
  2. Would you be disappointed to be in the parks without a Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation?
  3. Do you have the budget for a summer trip even though you are going in October?
  4. Do you need flights? If so have you checked times and prices?

Not sure if this has been answered yet, I scanned through. I have received my SWGE reservation day and time email a while back but never received the email people got last week regarding instructions for 8am reservations. Is there a scan bar or something they need to see in that so I can make sure I have my wrist band? I know a lot of DVC reservations didn't get the SWGE reservation email until they called a few days later to follow up- maybe the same here? Just want to make sure I will be okay with just the reservation email and obviously my AP and ID.

As far as I know I think you will be ok. Everyone needs to check in at Launch Bay, this is where you get the wristbands. As long as you have the reservation, park ticket and ID you should be good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!