June 2019 Check In

Bright Suns everyone

Our first group of space travellers visit Batuu today. Good Run everyone and May The Force Be With You

:yoda::ewok::darth::chewy:
:)!
Can you post a link to the LGMH thread in the first post so that everyone can make theirs to take to their SWGE visit? TIA!
Wouldn't it be fun to see photos of groups of DISers with their Mickey heads inside GE?

We just booked a trip for June 18 - 25. I'm meeting my siblings and their kids for a mini reunion. We rented a house near DL. I'm hoping it's not too crazy. I can't decide if we should do our Disney days before GE opens to everyone or take a chance and check it out. I'm leaning toward avoiding it but my kids think otherwise. Decisions...decisions...

Bright Suns everyone

Day 2 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu. The second group of space travellers are off to take photos of a heap of junk

Good Run everyone and May The Force Be With You

Bright Suns everyone!! Anyone's experience from today, whether live updates or after the fact, would be greatly appreciated. Please put your SWGE day and time also, for reference.

How long it take after booking a Disney hotel to receive an email about getting a Star Wars’s galaxy edge reservation?

We arrived yesterday for our first DL trip and a great trip so far!!!
Crowds were very low as has been reported.
We’re staying at the HOJO the first 3 nights.
Got up at 5:30 AM ET for our flight but were in the park 12 hours later! Lol. It was a long day...
Took awhile to get our bearings since we’re so used to DW and magic bands! Had to figure out photopass and FP. Definitely easier with magic bands but we got it.
Some confusion at front gate because a CM told us we had to wait in ticket line to redeem our Undercover Tourist tickets which was wrong! (I blame myself for listening..) after waiting for like 20 min in a slow moving line another CM confirmed we did not need to be there. Ugh. Anyway once in we were hangry and headed for Pizza Planet which was lacking in atmosphere but fit the bill.
Then we met Darth Vadar (dream come true for me!) and Chewie, bought SWGE merch with no line, rode Star Tours (loved the new ending on Batuu!), then the Submarine Voyage which my son loved.
Some CMs had set up an impromptu game of penguin inflatable bowling that my son was obsessed with. They gave us some extra pixie dust - 2 free FP for anything! I asked for Hyperspace Mt and Peter Pan.
Peter Pan doesn’t normally do FP but he said we just go to exit line and scan ticket. Very cool! It’s my son’s favorite ride at DW and I was surprised how different it was at DL. We liked it though and will ride again!
All of FL was very charming - can’t wait to explore more another day!
Then we did Hyperspace - the overlay was very cool but we’re not roller coaster fans. lol. My son hates SDMT. He asked me if SM is fast and I lied and said I didn’t remember. lol. Glad he did it, and he was smiling coming off but said he thought he was going to die. Lol. Definitely a better ride than the MK one! But I don’t feel the need to ride again this trip! So then we headed back to HOJO about 6 (can’t believe my son was still going..) and were asleep by 7:30.

8EC28319-792B-4ACF-9C7C-7651BCF9F5E7.jpeg64EAA4CB-3CC7-4A52-B004-624F119D3DEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Bright Suns everyone

Day 3 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu. Expecting to see lots more photos of the heap of junk and maybe some Storm Troopers

Good Run everyone and May The Force Be With You

I dont seem to have you listed , what are your details ? :)
I have 2 trips planned: 6/8-6/10 DL hotel and SWGE on 6/9 @ 8 am. 2nd trip: 6/28 - 7/2 at HOJO. My daughter is finishing up summer classes at college and I have to move her out so I'm throwing in the 2nd trip!

I have 2 trips planned: 6/8-6/10 DL hotel and SWGE. 2nd trip: 6/28 - 7/2 at HOJO. My daughter is finishing up summer classes at college and I have to move her out so I'm throwing in the 2nd trip!

oh wow, 2 trips, which SWGE reservation did you get?
You will be in the parks the same time as me on your second visit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter