June 18th Fantasy COVID

Did people have to quarantine on the ship? I hope if they did it was an OK experience and they get a partial refund.

Disney will never know how much COVID is on the ship except for staff and Under 5's. Maybe that is a good enough sampling for them to know.

We were on it and didn't get sick. The only time we wished that we had a mask with us was when we were waiting in the stairway to debark at Castaway. We didn't arrive there until 11:46 am (they said bc of bad weather, but no one ever saw any) and everyone was ready to get off and get to enjoy the island. We were all stacked together in the Aft stairwell on deck one. My last count on the FB page was 83 that tested pos either on the ship or after debarkation. Mostly after debarkation.

We were on it and didn't get sick. The only time we wished that we had a mask with us was when we were waiting in the stairway to debark at Castaway. We didn't arrive there until 11:46 am (they said bc of bad weather, but no one ever saw any) and everyone was ready to get off and get to enjoy the island. We were all stacked together in the Aft stairwell on deck one. My last count on the FB page was 83 that tested pos either on the ship or after debarkation. Mostly after debarkation.
So let's just say 3k people were on the ship and 100 got it. That's only 3%. Not many actives or vacations are going to be 0% ever again for the foreseeable future.

If we tested everyone that shopped at a Walmart or went to a movie theater we probably would have the same results. There is this weird obsession with testing after a cruise and blaming that for getting COVID. People are determined to blame cruising it seems.

Any idea on how many are being denied PRIOR to boarding? We are set to sail this Saturday on Fantasy...very curious and nervous at the same time. We have to fly into MCO so if we get denied, didn't know whether they force you to quarantine, or you are on your own getting home.

Most people are not on the FB page. In my experience, the FB groups tend to range from 200-500 members. So 100 is more like 20-50% of the FB group. It stands to reason that statistically, similar percentages of people who are not in the FB group tested postive too.
There is zero chance that a cruise from any company is having 20-50% which is what your numbers are trying to indicate.

It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that there are positive cases after a cruise. Or any kind of trip for that matter. We all know that just because you test negative today doesn’t mean you can’t be positive three days from now. So really, to me it makes no sense to test at all. Covid and all of the other ailments we are exposed to on a daily basis is something we have to learn to live with and you can assume that you will be exposed to something if you are in a big crowd

Per our 6/11 Fantasy Facebook group, we had well over 100 positive cases. I wish they would go back to testing at the port.

Honestly, testing at port in Europe was so terrible that I would stop sailing DCL again if they do that, including canceling our next March cruise. I would much prefer to take my chances of catching COVID on the ship, which exists already every time you go into crowded ports, shops, and restaurants while cruising, than testing at port again. It is too much of a commitment to travel so far, and too much disappointment, to be turned away last minute. I just don't see a strong benefit either, considering people can still have the virus incubating when they take the PCR test, or catch it on land and bring it on board at the very first port. Cruising really isn't an activity anyone should be doing now if avoiding being exposed to COVID is a significant concern or medical necessity.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!