Jump into June Exercise Challenge 2021

I am back for another month. I am going to lower my time this month. Losts of stuff going on this month and I have to figure out my workouts. I am back in the office 3 days per week, DS starts soccer games this week and has then 2-3 nights per week on top of practices for DS and DD (soccer as well). On top of this I picked up DD's cold and haven't done much so far this week.

I am going to with 30 minutes a day for a total of 900. If it looks like I am doing good I will up my time but with all the changes this month I don't want to over stress myself.

I'm finally getting on the board! I went to the city pool two towns over (perhaps inspired by this month's theme) and swam pretty hard for about 40 minutes. Then I swam for another 20 minutes much more leisurely, so I'll count that for a total of 50 minutes, since I think that will account for any breaks I took. I'm really rusty with the swimming, so I'm really sore. LOL.

50/750

Happy Saturday! Lots of color changes to report!:cool1:
Congrats to Raya, Sophy1996, ljcrochet, PollyananaMom, and Twilight Sparkle for turning Big Blue Pool Blue!! Great start to the month! Glad to see you joining in, Piglet1979! Sounds like a very busy month! Reentry to the office sounds hard - real shoes ☺ Elizabeth, looks like you're taking our theme seriously!!

Let's head to our next pool - with the heat wave setting in here in NJ, I really wish I could jump in!
We'll
jump on the monorail and head to the Polynesian Village Resort’s Lava Pool. Formerly the Nanea Volcano Pool, this pool now looks more like lava ruins than a volcano. The zero entry point slopes gently into the pool, which features not only a waterfall, but a 142 foot waterside!! Who's daring enough to try it?
Before the extensive refurbishment at the Poly, there was Kiki Tiki - a kids’ splash spot at the pools. Hopefully it will reopen when the resort does.
The nearby Oasis pool is just the spot for a more tranquil swim. Looking for some privacy and pampering? Oasis Patio cabanas are available to rent, complete with lounges, towels, and more.

Time for a snack? Maybe a Dole Whip? Personally, I’d head inside to Trader Sam’s, but you can also head to the Oasis Bar and Grill for yummy dishes such as fish tacos, and Polynesian-themed burgers. Don’t forget something frozen from the bar to really chill out. Yum!

580017 580018

580019 580020

Looks so inviting!!!!!

A busy weekend is on tap for me - we have my older granddaughter for the weekend, and are heading to Liberty Science Center today - lots and lots of walking and fun! I'll be back on Monday with new totals and another fun pool! Enjoy, everyone!

Remember when I said it was so nice outside on the trail? :sad: It's crazy hot out now and not looking to get any better. If I want to go outside I'm going to need to get out there before 8 or after 7pm. Even then it's still in the high 80s! Wish I had any of these Disney Pools near by!

Friday afternoon - 41 hot sweaty gross minutes

161/1100

Spent an hour with the new weight lifting coach! If you've never tried lifting with an actual coach, it's an amazing experience. They keep you 100% safe but also push you to try things beyond your limits. After 2 years of not lifting, and an almost completely sedentary life style in 2020, I was lifting 85lbs! There is a lot of talking about how to move your body and place your hands, so I'm only claiming 45 minutes of the hour. So excited about getting back into lifting!

206/1100

Happy Move It Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend. The heat was/is stifling here in NJ, so I got my minutes in chasing a 7 yr. old at Liberty Science Center. What a great place! After almost 5 hours, we were all too pooped to pop! I'll give myself 60 minutes for the day.
Kudos to Swissfamilyrobinson and me for turning Big Blue Pool Blue!!

Let’s step back in time, to the early 1900’s, and the Grand Floridian Resort, when life was more simple and Victorian elegance was the style of the day.
The Beach Pool is located steps from the sand and Seven Seas Lagoon giving you breathtaking views of the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom. The Beach Pool is large - think 111,000 gallons! Sitting in your lounge chair by the pool, you can sip on your favorite beverage as the kids are playing and you see the Monorail pass by. This is a view like no other Resort in Disney World. The Beach Pool also offers a fun 181-foot water slide, waterfalls, a walking bridge, a poolside bar, and zero-entry. The Mad Hatters Kids Splash Park with smaller water slides is close by. A slightly quieter experience can be found at the Courtyard pool. The Courtyard Pool at the Disney Grand Floridian is larger than the Beach Pool but it does not have a Water Slide or Splash Park.
Who's joining me in that cabana???

580524 580523

580531 580533

Last edited:
190 minutes since last check in - horses, walking, Kyra Pro Hamilton dance workout. In reality, I am certain I looked like a fool, but in my fantasy world, I just knew I could be on the stage with all the hip hop dancers. :rotfl2: At least it made moving fun! I wish growwithjo would do a Hamilton workout.

480/2500

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!