July 28, 2007 - "Rome-ancing the Mouse Cruisers" -11 days! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan,:confused:
I can't remember what you said about travel converters or where to find it. I just want to be able to charge up my cell phone. I know once I'm on the boat, I'm safe. What do I need for my days in London and Barcelona? I have a Cingular Razor.
We have different plugs to you, three sqaure pins,but everything works for us when we use an adaptor in USA, Spain has another different type two round pins.
Andrew,
it sounds like I better plan on bringing a jacket for London. We fly in on the 23rd. Is it cold there? Has it stopped raining there yet?

Bring a rain jacket but no it is not cold yes we had hail tonight but its still hot.

mid rate

$1 buys
Euro 0.73375

dollareuro.png

Well, I called DCL - got to talk to a manager. She said that they will cash personal checks up to $100 per person per voyage - wow, $200 will get me like 45 euros, right (OK, a bit sarcastic here, sorry). Otherwise I can bring cash with me and they will exchange that. She was unable to give me the current conversion amount - actually, she said 1.25, but that is way too low to be the amount that they convert, must be a bank rate that she sees somewhere. So, I guess I'll order a bunch of money from Wells Fargo. I can always return what I don't use.
Thanks for everyone's help.

Yeah - DD and were laughing on Friday - her friends want to know if $1000 will be enough to take. DD laughed and said - yeah - that you will get you about $774 euros!

That is scary. I think it was at 1.41 then. Sad - then I had to explain that is why so many "foreigner" come shopping at our malls - they are smart - go to any mall or outlet mall out here and you will get jealous at the amount of clothing that some obviously tourist people have - loads and loads of them. But hey - if the $ was stronger - that be me! ;)

Yeah - DD and were laughing on Friday - her friends want to know if $1000 will be enough to take. DD laughed and said - yeah - that you will get you about $774 euros!

That is scary. I think it was at 1.41 then. Sad - then I had to explain that is why so many "foreigner" come shopping at our malls - they are smart - go to any mall or outlet mall out here and you will get jealous at the amount of clothing that some obviously tourist people have - loads and loads of them. But hey - if the $ was stronger - that be me! ;)

I told DD16 that I was stressed about it and that I wasn't sure how much money to get, $1,000 or $15,000. She said, oh, I think you should bring $15,000. This from the child who thinks it would be cool to buy her prom dress in Paris. Not a chance I told her. She can buy soap in Marseille. That is probably the only souvenir she is getting. She just doesn't get the whole money exchange thing. We were shopping yesterday at a store in Northern Montana. A family from Canada was there having a field day. They bought $700 worth of school clothes. They were so excited. I wish we were traveling somewhere where we could be excited about spending money!! Oh well. We do get to go to Europe!!

PS I think by tomorrow the dollar/euro rate will be down on this post!!
No problem.
I don't understand??

Well, I am running to Wells Fargo to open a quickie account. I'll be able to get Euros and Travelers Cheques for my private excursions. They also will get me an ATM card. May not be the cheapest one, but at this point, unless my paypal shows up, I don't have a choice. At least I won't have to bring all of my Euros with me.

Bye!

Ok I guess I'd better go to bed

I can't believe its only 2 weeks away.

So much to do, so little time.

I'm finding it hard to fit everything in!

Andrew DEREK UK 2,181
jlawall 1,335
MrsJobba1 1,236
eeyorelvr10 892
kyla 757
MrsG 548
Disneynutinlondon 478
AnnaS 446
disneylover5 441
salliep 420
Sandaneli 404
bellelinus 399
kidcoos3 390
Mary Jo 387
LynnTarrant 361
Aurora1959 327
Pixie Dust II 295
islandmom3 209
danfromca 205
lovebeast 122
formerCPer 120
JustJus 104
bridegirl 95
disneymagic316 76
tomspixie 57
alexcturner 48
DisneySpirit 46
AJDonn 33

:goodvibes

Andrew DEREK UK 2,181
jlawall 1,335
MrsJobba1 1,236
eeyorelvr10 892
kyla 757
MrsG 548
Disneynutinlondon 478
AnnaS 446
disneylover5 441
salliep 420
Sandaneli 404
bellelinus 399
kidcoos3 390
Mary Jo 387
LynnTarrant 361
Aurora1959 327
Pixie Dust II 295
islandmom3 209
danfromca 205
lovebeast 122
formerCPer 120
JustJus 104
bridegirl 95
disneymagic316 76
tomspixie 57
alexcturner 48
DisneySpirit 46
AJDonn 33

:goodvibes

I am not in last place anymore!!! And I haven't been fluffing at all!

I am not in last place anymore!!! And I haven't been fluffing at all!

I remember somewhere that you asked about fish extenders. A fish extender is a type of sorter that hangs over the fish clip outside of your stateroom door. People on the DisBoard will put little things in them as a surprise when you get back to your stateroom. You don't have to participate it's completely optional. There are some photos of some of them posted here. You can make one or I've been told that they are available at the dollar store and you can decorate it yourself if you like. I wasn't able to find one and I enjoy sewing so I made my own. I have completed the directions and will post them later.

LEt me know if you have any other questions, or if I wasn't very clear.

Sandra

Hi Dan
Thanks so much for doing the Tee shirt tag list. The tag you have used for me is from another thread, so could you possibly switch to one of the other two, thanks so much.
Lynn

Sandra - now I get it! It goes OUTSIDE your door.

I thought it was something people hung behind their bathroom door so I didn't understand the "gift" idea.

Thanks for explaining.

Fish-extending-for-dummies. :rotfl:

Susy

Also,

Thank you everyone for your kind words while DD & DS were in England, Ireland, and Scotland during the bombings/scare. They got home safely yesterday and said they had the most amazing time. You folks across the pond live in a beautiful place. They really loved London and they said Scotland was unlike anywhere they've ever been. Ireland was full of blue water and green grass which were so vivid they've never seen colors like that before.

(What really amazes me is that they had a great time TOGETHER and that they actually got along!!!!! So, for those of you with teenagers- there is a God - they do grow up and become human again!!)

(What was also nice to see is that when we picked them up at the airport with DSIL and DS's girlfriend, DH&I were basically ignored while they greeted their significant others. But, we didn't really mind at all.):love: :love:

Maryann

I have the fish extender instructions. If you would like a copy I will email it to you as a word document. If someone knows how to post a word document I will post it here but I have no clue how to do that.

Just PM me with your Email address and I'll forward it to you.

Sandra

I told DD16 that I was stressed about it and that I wasn't sure how much money to get, $1,000 or $15,000. She said, oh, I think you should bring $15,000. This from the child who thinks it would be cool to buy her prom dress in Paris. Not a chance I told her. She can buy soap in Marseille. That is probably the only souvenir she is getting. She just doesn't get the whole money exchange thing. We were shopping yesterday at a store in Northern Montana. A family from Canada was there having a field day. They bought $700 worth of school clothes. They were so excited. I wish we were traveling somewhere where we could be excited about spending money!! Oh well. We do get to go to Europe!!

I don't understand??

Your dd sounds like mine. I thought that we may need that amount too but then remembered customs form asking if we are carrying anything over $10G. Now, I'm paranoid about taking that. So I think that we will use our ATM.

OK here's a tip on ATM:

Everyone might want to check what their limit is. Ours used to be $300 pr day but we were able to get it lifted to $500. Just wanted to let others know to double check especially if you have to pay cash as I have to on some of our privates. DD's BFF has a cash limit of $200 so everyone may be different. As we discussed above - the $ is pretty poor against the Euro so plan accordingly! Be prepared and realized what Leslie said - no personal checks over $100 pr person and Leslie, did they say this was per day? Or per person - 1 time per cruise?

:ssst:

:tiptoe:

Darn! Just realized I have to take DD to volleyball practice, then drop off her BFF at her house, then take other DD to Michael's - where is it my turn to play? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter