**July 2020**

Joining in as a hopeful July WDW vacationer. DH and I have a split stay at Pop and BCV, July 6-12th. This is a reschedule of our Spring Break trip we cancelled before the closures. Glad to read about other’s plans and thoughts on their July trips. I’m holding onto hope that we won’t have to reschedule!

We have a July 15-24th trip booked at BWV. This is for my daughters 13th bday that we've been talking about for 2 years, and have had booked since last year. Keeping our fingers crossed that it will still happen. I feel like it's going to be so close for July dates. We do have a back up trip booked for September, but it won't be her birthday, and I'd have to pull her out of school. Pixie dust for all of us!

All our July flights were just changed on southwest. This includes our party leaving out of two different cities. Nothing too crazy but a change nonetheless.
I’m glad I saw this. I just looked and they changed ours, too. Now our flight isn’t nonstop and we will miss our breakfast reservation I had made.

I’m glad I saw this. I just looked and they changed ours, too. Now our flight isn’t nonstop and we will miss our breakfast reservation I had made.
Some of the prices on those flights are insane right now. I wonder what is happening to all those flights.

[I hope this doesn't offend anyone; I don't mean to trivialize the gravity of the situation for those who are impacted by this virus in much more difficult ways than vacation planning....]

My brain goes in circles like this:
  • Ohmygoodness, parks are closed indefinitely. Our summer vacation is never gonna happen.
  • But we don't travel for 100+ days and things are changing so quickly, it's too soon to give up hope!
  • But the Asian parks began combatting the virus way before we did and they haven't resumed operations yet.
  • But WDW is accepting reservations & promoting packages with tickets & free dining from June 1 forward to people whose trips were cancelled, so they must have at least a reasonable idea they could be open by then -- they wouldn't want to burn people twice.
  • But Florida's curve apex isn't forecast to occur until early May (and who knows how accurate these models are - could be later!), so no way could they reopen as soon as June 1.
  • But the CDC's recommendation of 8 weeks of social distancing only goes until mid-May, so July at Disney could happen!
  • But FL's mandatory stay-home order (hasn't even started yet!) will run through April and possibly/probably longer. Theme parks will be among the last entities to resume operations once they begin to loosen restrictions, so forget July.
  • But Disney and the other theme parks are such a mainstay of the central Florida economy; how will FL cope with such prolonged unemployment if they are closed all the way to/through summer?
  • But the parks are closed indefinitely, with no information to suggest a possible reopening date. Summer vacation is never gonna happen....
Are any of you having similar debates with yourself? I thought you July folks might be able to relate. I cannot seem to stop myself from speculating constantly. I know it's a fruitless exercise, and yet I still cannot turn my brain off!
I couldn't have said it better. We have my daughter's 21st birthday trip planned for 7/20-7/25. I have the same racing through my brain all the time.

Some of the prices on those flights are insane right now. I wonder what is happening to all those flights.
What do you think would cause that? Our flight costs are like $500 one way right now. The August flights are like $80 each way.

What do you think would cause that? Our flight costs are like $500 one way right now. The August flights are like $80 each way.
They are making changes to July flights right now so those are being affected. It looks like wanna get away fares are disappearing.

Thanks to this thread, I realized Southwest had changed our flight to Orlando as well. Luckily I was able to change it to a nonstop flight, but I had to push back the time of our Homecomin' reservation. I wonder if prices going up means Southwest feels more confident that things will be up and running in Orlando by that point? They've been really cheap for awhile, but obviously very few people are traveling right now.

[I hope this doesn't offend anyone; I don't mean to trivialize the gravity of the situation for those who are impacted by this virus in much more difficult ways than vacation planning....]

My brain goes in circles like this:
  • Ohmygoodness, parks are closed indefinitely. Our summer vacation is never gonna happen.
  • But we don't travel for 100+ days and things are changing so quickly, it's too soon to give up hope!
  • But the Asian parks began combatting the virus way before we did and they haven't resumed operations yet.
  • But WDW is accepting reservations & promoting packages with tickets & free dining from June 1 forward to people whose trips were cancelled, so they must have at least a reasonable idea they could be open by then -- they wouldn't want to burn people twice.
  • But Florida's curve apex isn't forecast to occur until early May (and who knows how accurate these models are - could be later!), so no way could they reopen as soon as June 1.
  • But the CDC's recommendation of 8 weeks of social distancing only goes until mid-May, so July at Disney could happen!
  • But FL's mandatory stay-home order (hasn't even started yet!) will run through April and possibly/probably longer. Theme parks will be among the last entities to resume operations once they begin to loosen restrictions, so forget July.
  • But Disney and the other theme parks are such a mainstay of the central Florida economy; how will FL cope with such prolonged unemployment if they are closed all the way to/through summer?
  • But the parks are closed indefinitely, with no information to suggest a possible reopening date. Summer vacation is never gonna happen....
Are any of you having similar debates with yourself? I thought you July folks might be able to relate. I cannot seem to stop myself from speculating constantly. I know it's a fruitless exercise, and yet I still cannot turn my brain off!

Every.single.day.

Made the (very sad) leap and cancelled our July trip. Feel a bit more comfortable rescheduling for next year and I was just making myself go crazy by wondering and going back and forth! Hoping for the best for everyone still going in July, fingers crossed!

I am sorry but you are not alone in that feeling. I hope you have an amazing trip when you do go. pixiedust:

Just a vent. We are scheduled for June 29-July 6. We are going with DD's dance company so I am at the mercy of the tour company they are using. (our whole family of 5 is going as we extended the days on the package) We purchased a package through them but they bought all our pieces separately. So they did not buy our park tickets right away to ensure we turned our money in. Long story short they didn't buy them before Disney closed (even though our money was in 2 weeks before the shutdown) and now Disney is not selling tickets until they reopen. We also have to wait for Disney to cancel us, because if we cancel the tour company will charge us a cancellation fee of $200 a person! :oops: So now I feel stuck. IF we do go, we won't get to pick fastpasses until 2 or 3 weeks before, who knows what limited capacity there will be. I fear I'm going to be paying a premium price for half a product and our big vacation we waited 5 years to take will not be so great. I would rather cancel and re-plan. I also hate not knowing what is going to happen. Thanks for reading.

Have been reading the pools may not be open - if that is case then we will probably cancel. We had decided to do a resort only vacation and do some fun dining, shopping and golfing, etc but if pools not open then we'll cancel. Has anyone else heard anything on the pool front?

Have been reading the pools may not be open - if that is case then we will probably cancel. We had decided to do a resort only vacation and do some fun dining, shopping and golfing, etc but if pools not open then we'll cancel. Has anyone else heard anything on the pool front?

Hmm I haven’t heard anything about the resort pools not opening, but I have heard rumors of my local water parks and pools possibly not being able to open at all this season. I think only time will tell. :/

I had decided we would be fine with a resort only vacation, too, but if the pools are closed, that would probably be the deal breaker.
Where did you read about the pools?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter