JULY 2020 DCOM Summer Exercise Challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the July 2020 exercise thread! With Disney+, and most of us social distancing, there's no better time than now to check out their large library of Disney Channel Original Movies. I grew up on these movies and still enjoy many today. With 108 to choose from, I'll give my recommendations throughout the month for my favorites!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since July has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Beachy Blue
25% - All for One Orange
50% - Possible Purple
75% - Pixel Perfect Pink
90% - Rocking Red
100% - Gotta Go For Green!

We’re officially starting this challenge on July 1, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Elizabeth Smith -- 960/900
BonnieF -- 260/600
Liddypool -- 615/600
piglet1979 -- 1467/1860
sophy1996 --1215/1200
PollyannaMom --600/600

lilkimmyk -- 245/930
DRussell88 -- 677/650
Twilight Sparkle -- 3270/2500
ljcrochet -- 1598/700
TinkerBellLiz -- 1102/1100

4Mickeys -- 470/1200
Team Total:
12479/12840

Last edited:

Welcome to July! Let's kick off the month with the first DCOM of all time-- Under Wraps. It came out in 1997 and was Disney's first horror-themed television movie! I've not seen this one as it is for some reason missing from Disney+? Let me know if you've caught this one and what you thought of it!

I’m upping my minutes by 100 to 1100 this month. I usually don’t do virtual races except for Disney but I signed up for the She Wolf 100 mile challenge that began yesterday. Its a 3 month challenge but if I stick to my training schedule I’ll finish the end of August. Super excited for the medal and shirts!

Yesterday Rest Day
Today 48 minutes (3.26 miles)

48/1100

Thanks @Elizabeth Smith for July and awesome theme!

Last edited:
Adding 40 minutes today. I went walking around a shopping center, and it was waaay too hot outside, but we still stayed and walked for while.

Today, I'll share a DCOM that is available on Disney+ called Zombies. It came out in 2018, so well after my DCOM watching days, but I have it pulled up to stream right now! It was apparently good enough to get a sequel which came out earlier this year, so I'm looking forward to giving it a try. It's about a high school where Zombie and human students learn together. Sounds silly, but I'll have to let you know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!