July 2013 car rentals

Joining the fray, I have a tentative booking for National, using KLM code for a minivan July 21-Aug 5th 806.00 that is pretty good comparitvely. I know I will probably cancel this but I like to have a ressie that I could live with if I had to. It gives me a false sense of security:rotfl:

Last August went for 11 days had a tentative with KLM 5 for 532, but ended up with Alamo for 322. (minivan)

My goal this year is a 15 day Minivan for 500 or less. ;):thumbsup2:drive::thumbsup2

I plugged your dates into Budget with the following codes (BCD X474200 and coupon MUPZ044) and got a rate of $598 (with taxes) for a minivan

I plugged your dates into Budget with the following codes (BCD X474200 and coupon MUPZ044) and got a rate of $598 (with taxes) for a minivan

Hi PrincessCMJ, what are those coupon codes? I would not want any surprises at the counter. KWIM?;)
Thank for running that for me:thumbsup2 I did do a booking;)

To be honest, I'm not completely sure. The coupon is a paperless coupon and I think the other one is a travelocity code that anyone can use. I have a rental booked with those codes through Budget. I do have a slightly lower rate with National using the KLM code but I'm hesitant to use it.

what are you worried about the KLM code for? All you have to do is sign up for a free membership at KLM? I joined last year, easy peasy;)

You know we will get better deals, the closer we get to our trip, but you are probably like me and like to have something lined up "just in case" Plus cancelling a ressie wiht National is as easy as a click of button. So I say better to have it than not have it.
:thumbsup2

Hi PrincessCMJ, what are those coupon codes? I would not want any surprises at the counter. KWIM?;)
Thank for running that for me:thumbsup2 I did do a booking;)

BCD x474200 is a Travelocity code that I believe anyone can use, but MUPZ044 is an AARP coupon for $40.00 off. I'd be hesitant to use it, if not an AARP member.

BCD x474200 is a Travelocity code that I believe anyone can use, but MUPZ044 is an AARP coupon for $40.00 off. I'd be hesitant to use it, if not an AARP member.

oooh thanks, I am not a card carrier yet:hourglass:lmao: but getting close...do you have to be 50? Much to my hubbies dismay he is already there:rotfl2: hmmm, will have to figure this out.

Now that I think about it does triple AAA give a discount? You would think they would? But I have never seen one from them....hmmmm.

We have plenty of time, but I am obsessive/compulsive by nature and when it comes to stuff like this...that is a very good thing:lmao:

oooh thanks, I am not a card carrier yet:hourglass:lmao: but getting close...do you have to be 50? Much to my hubbies dismay he is already there:rotfl2: hmmm, will have to figure this out.

Now that I think about it does triple AAA give a discount? You would think they would? But I have never seen one from them....hmmmm.

We have plenty of time, but I am obsessive/compulsive by nature and when it comes to stuff like this...that is a very good thing:lmao:

Does anyone know a coupon code that I can stack on the BCD code for Budget?
TIA:cheer2:

Yikes, the prices I'm getting are insane!
I need a mini-van July 6-16, picking up at RSW, dropping off at MCO.
I'd love to keep it close to $600, but everything I'm getting is over $900.

Can anyone find any better codes?

I think we're going to rent a full size car and drive from NJ in July. I saw some relatively good rates for a 2 week rental. Between saving on MCO car/flights for four, we will be saving quite a few bucks.

I'm heading down July 24-Aug 3, and all I can find in a minivan or suv is around $800+. I guess I never thought a rental could be so much, but this makes me feel like on site has been an even better deal the past few years. Hopefully something will come up for a good deal in late July. Thanks for this thread. I'll be looking around, and post anything I find.

I'm searching for July 19-31 rates.

On Expedia tonight, I re-did my search and Enterprise is showing up to $200/wk cheaper than enterprise.com and some other sites. These are big price changes from last nights search.

Economy - 159/wk, Standard - 189/wk, Minivan - 399/wk +taxes/fees.

I haven't searched for any Expedia coupons to try using with this yet.

Past travelers... how decent are these prices?

Edit: This has to be an Expedia sale... Travelocity and other sites are still showing Economy as 350/wk!

I'm not seeing those prices on Expedia at all this morning. Maybe it is because I am going through into August with my trip.

I did find what seems to be a decent price on Dollar through BJs. I used BJs code BJ5013, and it gave me a Crown Victoria for $259 and a minivan for $299/week. I need it for 10 days, but 10 days with all the taxes and fees ended up at $513 which is much better than the $800 rates I had seen a few days prior. I have to fit 5 people in the vehicle, so sadly I can't grab a compact.

Now if I can find a way to apply some other savings coupon to this reservation I'll be real happy.

do you need a card for BJ?s we don't have one in the midwest

You said that was thru Dollar those rates for a minivan?
thanks!

I used this link http://travel.bjs.com/car-rentals/ , and they have a bunch of offers for BJs travel. I have never rented a car through them before, so I can't confirm if you need to have your membership card when you pick up. I'll bring it with me, but maybe they just have some sort of relationship with BJs travel?

**Edit** Yes it was dollar. They have about 4 offers, and I chose the last option which was "up to 25% discount"

I have a mini-van rented through Alamo for June 26-July 5 for $520. That is the cheapest I could find anywhere at MCO. I will not rent at a place offsite. That price is with signing up for Alamo insiders and I was able to use a coupon code for $10 off also. (sorry I don't have that code with me at the moment, but can post it later if anyone is intrerested) The other thing I did was use ebates.com to make the reservation. So, after my trip I will be getting a 2.5% rebate on the rental. I've noticed a lot of coupon codes are good through April so I'm hoping in May there will be some new codes out there that will apply to June/July to get a better deal.

I used this link http://travel.bjs.com/car-rentals/ , and they have a bunch of offers for BJs travel. I have never rented a car through them before, so I can't confirm if you need to have your membership card when you pick up. I'll bring it with me, but maybe they just have some sort of relationship with BJs travel?

**Edit** Yes it was dollar. They have about 4 offers, and I chose the last option which was "up to 25% discount"

I have rented using the BJs codes before, as I have a card/membership. I have never been asked to show my card when picking up at MCO, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I usually rent from National or Alamo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter