July 20, 2013 - Western on Fantasy

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
We booked a few weeks ago. This will be our 5th DCL cruise. We do have some first time cruisers.

DH and I one cabin - DVC points
DS and DDIL - one cabin
DS, DS's girlfriend and DD - one cabin
Girlfriend's parents - one cabin

DDIL's Parents - one cabin Update 3/22/12

We are hoping more family and friends join us. Can't wait to cruise on the Fantasy.

Added 8/18/2012 - My friend booked - one cabin
Her mom and nephew - one cabin
Her sister and bil - one cabin

So far we have (and if I am missing anyone as of 1/1/2013 - please post).

AnnaS
Jd9891
Supermag
Duckmom
rthomasson
nutzaboutdisney (not sure if booked)
SkykyDad
Trustmemom (not sure if booked)
DanaD27
Disneymagic316
Sophiemouse
projectgemini
disneydeux
Lizzy'smom
CaptJackFan
gcoolie
MPHARJ
missyoh8
DisfaninMI
reevesinga
Thumpersmom
CADDisneyfamily
HappyRock4
bearcatbert
Jonida3
itsbecauseimcute
spinale
jhart901
oatmeatdiva
cpc430
mazz519

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

We just booked for the July 20 2013 cruise. We are traveling with two other families in five total cabins.

Can't:banana::banana: wait.

We booked this cruise when we were on the Magic last month for Spring Break. It will be my 40th birthday present from the family! I'm so excited. :cool1:

I guess it seemed so far out we are booking one for my husband's 40th birthday for June 2012 on Disney Dream tomorrow. I guess you can say we are hooked on these Disney Cruise ships!

We have 2 kids. DS will be 6 and DD will be 4 for this cruise.

Piya

We booked this cruise when we were on the Magic last month for Spring Break. It will be my 40th birthday present from the family! I'm so excited. :cool1:

I guess it seemed so far out we are booking one for my husband's 40th birthday for June 2012 on Disney Dream tomorrow. I guess you can say we are hooked on these Disney Cruise ships!

We have 2 kids. DS will be 6 and DD will be 4 for this cruise.

Piya

Welcome on board :) - We can't wait to cruise again, it's been too long since our last one.

Howdy Fantasy Folks, just booked 2 staterooms for my family. Deck 7. Celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary. This will be our second cruise and my second with Disney (we sailed the Wonder in 2008). We are going with my son (18) and my daughter (12). If there will be any other girls around her age going... she would love to meet and have a buddy to hang with at Edge....

:hourglass can't wait...

Howdy Fantasy Folks, just booked 2 staterooms for my family. Deck 7. Celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary. This will be our second cruise and my second with Disney (we sailed the Wonder in 2008). We are going with my son (18) and my daughter (12). If there will be any other girls around her age going... she would love to meet and have a buddy to hang with at Edge....

:hourglass can't wait...

Welcome on board!!!!! I have seen so many beautiful pictures and have read a few reviews already and wish I was going sooner. The waiting is part of the fun.

Has anyone started to look at any excursions? A few of us might try parasailing for the first time at Castaway Cay.

Has anyone started to look at any excursions? A few of us might try parasailing for the first time at Castaway Cay.

Of course... checked those out before booking :woohoo: So far we are
leaning towards...
Shipwreck Snuba in Grand Cayman
Chacchaban ruins in Costa Maya
Waverunners in Castaway Cay... although the para sailing is also tempting and on my list

Although I would love to see Tulum... I think I will just go ashore on my own and go shopping in Cozumel...

Of course... checked those out before booking :woohoo: So far we are
leaning towards...
Shipwreck Snuba in Grand Cayman
Chacchaban ruins in Costa Maya
Waverunners in Castaway Cay... although the para sailing is also tempting and on my list

Although I would love to see Tulum... I think I will just go ashore on my own and go shopping in Cozumel...

We did the Tulum tour in Cancun two years ago. We did Mr. Sanchos beach in Cozumel in 05 - would like to try a different beach or different excursion. We also did the Captain Marvin (I think) Stingray excursion in the Cayman islands. I really have not looked at them closely even though sometimes after reading many reports, I have booked some on my own. I am hoping to get someone in my party to try the zip lines if offered too. So many choices. I love all the planning and browsing.

Welcome on board!!!!! I have seen so many beautiful pictures and have read a few reviews already and wish I was going sooner. The waiting is part of the fun.

We are thinking about the parasailing also. We have been to Castaway Cay many times, but have never done this. :beach:

Hoping not to chicken out. Can't be safe any other place than Disney.

I went para-sailing once in Cancun ... it was a great experience... and I am scared of heights... I remember being so freaked as I rose up in the air. (you go up pretty quick) then I looked down and I could see a huge manta swimming along.. it was so amazing I forgot about being scared and just concentrated on looking around and soaking up the view. I TOTALLY recommend trying it... it is great and I am sure Disney will take good care of you, and I bet the view of Castaway will be amazing :beach:.

I went para-sailing once in Cancun ... it was a great experience... and I am scared of heights... I remember being so freaked as I rose up in the air. (you go up pretty quick) then I looked down and I could see a huge manta swimming along.. it was so amazing I forgot about being scared and just concentrated on looking around and soaking up the view. I TOTALLY recommend trying it... it is great and I am sure Disney will take good care of you, and I bet the view of Castaway will be amazing :beach:.

Thanks. DH did not want to go with me either in Cancun. I have more company here so very good chance of going. Curious if you can take a camera.

I am a relative cruise newbie... the first time I cruised with Disney... I had not yet discovered the plethora of Disney interest groups like the DISboards... where a wealth of awesome tips and information can be found. I made that discovery when we thinking about DVC and I was researching information before buying...

I have just found out about the fish extender groups on other Disney cruises and my daughter and I are totally excited about the idea and want to participate. We are looking forward to designing our FE. Does anyone know how to sign up? I have looked around and cannot find a specific link... :confused3

Curious if you can take a camera.

I wouldn't think so... too much going on with speed and wind and the ascent... also likely it might be a safety issue.... unless you can do a mounted helmet cam or something.. you will need your hands free. And if you are flying tandem (which they can assign you to if I am reading the excursion description correct) then depending on your position (front vs back) it would be kinda awkward....

I am a relative cruise newbie... the first time I cruised with Disney... I had not yet discovered the plethora of Disney interest groups like the DISboards... where a wealth of awesome tips and information can be found. I made that discovery when we thinking about DVC and I was researching information before buying...

I have just found out about the fish extender groups on other Disney cruises and my daughter and I are totally excited about the idea and want to participate. We are looking forward to designing our FE. Does anyone know how to sign up? I have looked around and cannot find a specific link... :confused3

I don't think "you sign up" for a group link. We have been on four DCL cruises and have had a meet for each one. One of them we exchanged small gifts. I did not participate in the FE thing. If I remember correctly, the more people that join this thread/cruise - if you have younger children, you will set it up and start an exchange. I don't know all the details since I have not participated. You might want to ask the general question on the Cruise line thread on how it all works. I think you get small gifts for each day for each cabin participating and you place them outside of the cabins. I am really not sure and don't want to give you the wrong info. Let me know if you post and find out. Very curious. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter