July 18 2009 Tortola - Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
White_Bay.JPG

When you arrive at White Bay, you will see small vessels moored everywhere......
the only way in is to swim in with your belongings stacked on your head........
first stop is the Soggy Dollar Bar.......:goodvibes

The blue, turquoise, green water is so amazing......that's why we should all stay on water as much as possible (of course, we ARE on a cruise!):goodvibes:thumbsup2

Joann....love the pictures. Love blue water. Any more to share?

Susan......I'm looking outside in my part of Maryland and the wind has stopped blowing and still no rain. Funny how that works out.

A long long time ago.... in a far off time, we met someone on line, and became good Disney friends with them. They have a son, and I have a daughter and they became good friends. We live halfway across the United States from each other, so the last time we saw them was when we cruised together , but we have remained in touch ever since. Well, these friends were going on this cruise to celebrate their son's 17th birthday (okay, that might not be the only reason LOL). The cruise turned out to be this one.

So, I worked summer school last year, and we were finally able to afford to book an inside room on that same cruise to surprise him… That was well over a year ago. We have kept this surprise for over a year – it was harder on his parents than on us, because we did not have to live with him daily.

Well, last night, was the 90 day mark for returning cruisers. I stayed up until 11pm (Texas time), to make Palo reservations -- our reservations are linked, so I could make the reservations for all of us….

Fast forward to this morning… said son gets up to look at cruise excursions since they are at the 90 day mark… Lo and behold, he sees the Palo reservation with our name on it since the reservations were linked together…

The cat is now out of the bag….. I’m not sure which teenager has had to best expressions of finding out today….. DarthVader or my daughter Princess123…..

So… now I can write more on this board…. and I can even use my real name (Gale) LOL!

For those that live in Houston – I am also Houston (well, actually Katy) person…..

I liked your story. :welcome::welcome: Gale.

As for immigration in St. Thomas this is from the 2009 Passporter

"Note: In the past, all guests had to meet with U.S. Immigration officials onboard the ship, regardless of whether you plan to go ashore. Recent cruisers are reporting that this is no longer a requirement, but be sure to watch for any notices placed in your room regarding immigration procedures, just in case."

What is the copyright date of the book? This is what is posted on the "DIS DCL FQA":
*** NO MORE EARLY IMMIGRATION CHECK AT ST. THOMAS AS OF 1/17/09 CRUISE *** :confused3

I guess it could change at any moment.

What is the copyright date of the book? This is what is posted on the "DIS DCL FQA":
*** NO MORE EARLY IMMIGRATION CHECK AT ST. THOMAS AS OF 1/17/09 CRUISE *** :confused3

I guess it could change at any moment.

It's the newest one that hasn't shipped yet. When I ordered it they sent me a pdf file of the book - until the hard copy arrives.

Hey everyone. I just found this yesterday. Please add us to the list of Disers. Charleen, Tim, Teri (DD22) and Shelby (DD15). My mom and dad as well as my sister Tricia, DBIL Stan, Jacob (DN9) and Abigail (DN6) will be on this cruise. We are so excited to meet everyone...:banana:

Welcome Charleen:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

So much I want to tell you, can't believe we have another Tennesseeian!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Looks like this state is starting to jump ahead of our other Disers!

So much we want to tell you about......too bad our other thread has been closed. I am Lucy, I am the talker of talkers!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We are going to have an FE exchange, we are meeting ahead in Disneyworld before cruise...I believe some of the group will meet in Port Canaveral the night before, I also believe there is room on the second brunch scheduled in PALO....there is also a meet scheduled on the ship and there is also a teen thread started (for Shelby)....we also have a "20 something" group coming along.

Keep in touch with us, ok?:cheer2:

Hey everyone. I just found this yesterday. Please add us to the list of Disers. Charleen, Tim, Teri (DD22) and Shelby (DD15). My mom and dad as well as my sister Tricia, DBIL Stan, Jacob (DN9) and Abigail (DN6) will be on this cruise. We are so excited to meet everyone...:banana:

Welcome Charleen! We are from Knoxville! Yes... the TN group is growing! We have a DD about to turn 16 (Samantha) She is on the teen thread. We are part of the group in Port Canaveral on Friday night - at the Radisson. ::MickeyMo

Just got back from a week at Vero Beach. Love DVC!:cool1: Anyway, now we can really focus on the cruise.

Welcome Charleen!

Our DD is also on the teen thread-- SCTinkerbell.

We are staying at the Radisson the night before as well.

Anyone have an idea on what island excursions they are going to book?

Just got back from a week at Vero Beach. Love DVC!:cool1: Anyway, now we can really focus on the cruise.

Welcome Charleen!

Our DD is also on the teen thread-- SCTinkerbell.

We are staying at the Radisson the night before as well.

Anyone have an idea on what island excursions they are going to book?

I booked "Day at the Baths" for Tortolla, we are gonna do St. Thomas on our own. I wanna shop mostly :goodvibes

-Donna

I just caught up on the thread and saw a lot of people booking excursions over the weekend. I wonder we can start a post with everyone's excursions? So we can see who is going on the same ones???

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter