Julie and Corey Show

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by 2hapykdz, Nov 17, 2018.

1. wariokartel

wariokartel Earning My Ears

I don't think that's fair. When Star Wars comes up the rest of the cast teases Kevin and Julie about their dislike of it and specifically put the focus on them. I feel like this is more of a complaint with a running gag on the show and less about Julie.

2. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Me. :)

superme80 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I love that there are people on the team who aren't all gaga over Star Wars. We aren't either. So I'm glad to have Kevin and Julie representing those of us who aren't fans when the rest of the crew is nerding out on the latest Star Wars news.

5. mcnealrkn

mcnealrkn Earning My Ears

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but I was taught if you can't say something nice; say nothing at all. Would like for people to being saying that they don't like you?

6. TexasErin

TexasErin Loves old Pluto cartoons

Hmmm...guess I’ll chalk this up to one of those chicken or the egg things with which came first.....complaints or running gag.

I still like her just fine. Usually every night at dinner time, we watch whatever the team has recently uploaded and will continue to do so.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  7. wariokartel

wariokartel Earning My Ears

100% agree. I think the cast has a good balance of opinions right now and that they are all good sports about being teased when they are the outlier (ex. Kathy and Figment).

8. disneyworldsk

disneyworldsk Mouseketeer

I adore both of them and always appreciated their parent perspectives in conversation on the podcast. However, I was actually very surprised when I finished this week's podcast, the last one of the year. Julie was rushing out (that's fine of course, this happens) but when asked about her year (and I appreciate her honesty) she said it was not good and when asked what was her highlight in disney she said she had none, none. and followed it up briskly saying well, i don't go to the parks as often as all of you do. I was taken aback, as I never really heard her voice (I listen audio) to be so abrupt, almost cynical ? I adore her, so I was just a bit disappointed too that in a disney podcast she had nothing to contribute at all in a comment about the year end in disney and just walked out, on a rather bleak, pessimistic note, which is so unlike her. Pete even gave her a second chance, asked her again, and she said she was being honest, said several negative thoughts about her year or disney's year (not sure which) and left. I just think there are , dare I say, hundreds (?) of people who would love to sit in that seat and participate and while honesty is crucial, I think finding one highlight couldn't be that difficult for a year in disney. I even was concerned really, for her, because it's just so unlike her. Also, if podcasters aren't really going to the parks often, how can they really contribute to conversations with validity? (not including those like kevin and john who do other events like adventures by disney etc. and contribute to those conversations). Hope she's okay and hope the show reevaluates for the new year who can really contribute to the podcast with substance. Makes me wonder how often they actually go into the parks not just for media events and reviews.

TillyDe and hubertjfarnsworth like this.
  9. mommy2allgirls

mommy2allgirls DIS Veteran

I loved when they would do couple of dates back in the begging. They were always so interesting and fun