Jubilant June 2019 Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to ljcrochet for turning Big Bash Blue and to MikeNamez for being the first Open-Air Orange team member (which he actually was by 2.5 minutes yesterday, but I didn't realize-sorry!).

Going on right now (until September 30) is Mickey & Minnie's Surprise Celebration at the Magic Kingdom. If you're headed to WDW this summer, keep an eye out for Mickey and Minnie in their special celebration outfits and all kinds of fun things centered around Main Street USA and the central plaza--including the "Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party." According to the Disney Parks Blog, you'll want to perfect your moves for "the twist, the swim, the pony, the shimmy, the cool jerk, and the bird."

And as we well know, it's not a Disney celebration without special food and merchandise. Check out the Minnie Kitchen Sink at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

Trying to pack in all my exercise into these first few days of the month because I suspect there wont be much going on after this weekend lol.

Also, side note but I got summoned for Jury Duty the week before our honeymoon. Luckily they excused me, but man was i worried for a little while there.

30 min walk on lunch and 30 min of cardio for Tuesday

290/750

Congratulations to BonnieF and PollyannaMom for turning Big Bash Blue!

Tokyo Disney Resort is offering not one summer celebration, but something like five!

One uniquely Japanese festival starts today (it's already June 6 in Tokyo!). The Tanabata Days festival, which runs until July 7, celebrates the annual meeting of Orihime and Hikoboshi, deities who are separated by the Milky Way and only meet on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month. Tanabata Days features our favorite characters in traditional costumes. And according to TDR Explorer, "It is traditional to make a wish during the Tanabata festivities, so “wishing places” with a Disney twist have appeared at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. Here guests can write their wish on special wishing cards and hang them on the decorations to make their wish."

Also kicking off June 6, and running through August 27, is Duffy's Sunny Fun Event at DisneySea.

Last edited:
Also, side note but I got summoned for Jury Duty the week before our honeymoon. Luckily they excused me, but man was i worried for a little while there.

Glad they were reasonable!

I was summoned to be on-call for federal jury duty for the entire month of January a couple of years ago, just when we were scheduled to run the Star Wars races at Disneyland. Luckily they excused me for that week (and I wasn't actually called in any of the other weeks either, though I wouldn't have minded those).

Glad they were reasonable!

I was summoned to be on-call for federal jury duty for the entire month of January a couple of years ago, just when we were scheduled to run the Star Wars races at Disneyland. Luckily they excused me for that week (and I wasn't actually called in any of the other weeks either, though I wouldn't have minded those).

Federal is what they wanted me on but just not a good time. Luckily they were reasonable which i was surprised about to be honest lol.

Adding 30min walk on my lunch Wed.

320/750

No color changes for the day, but the team is making steady progress!

Today I'm going with a commemoration rather than a celebration, as it is the 75th anniversary of D-Day. A couple of years ago, my DH and I had the chance to visit Omaha and Utah beaches, as well as one of the American cemeteries and other D-Day sites. It's truly sobering to think what those men went through and how easily things could have gone the other way. Here's a 2004 piece in which Andy Rooney reflects on D-Day.

Here's a picture of a stained glass window in a tiny church in Normandy, put in to memorialize the D-Day paratroopers (at least one of whom jumped again today for the anniversary, at age 97!).

Thank you to the Greatest Generation.

Last edited:
Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

In addition to the two festivals mentioned above, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea each have their own separate celebrations from July 9 through September 1.

At DisneySea, it's Disney Pirates Summer. Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa will be battling it out in the Mediterranean Harbor in "Get Wet!"! And at Disneyland, you'll find Donald's Hot Jungle Summer, featuring what TDR Explorer says is the first show on the Cinderella Castle stage in six years. "Oh! Summer Banzai!" "will feature lively music, flames shooting into the sky, blasts of water, and projection mapping across the stage and castle."

@MikeNamez, congratulations and best wishes for tomorrow!

6/4 11 minutes
6/5 10 minutes
6/6 25 minutes
6/6 6 minutes
6/7 34 minutes
Saturday we toured London while in maybe 2 hours of sleep. We did a hop on hop off bus to get an overview but was possible more aggravation than it was worth. I think we wound up at the Tower of London 2 hours later then we planned. We wound up skipping the afternoon tea we had booked and just eating at a cute restaurant near the town if London.
We ended the day by seeing come from away.

It is now almost 9am, we are getting ready to go sightseeing. I think we are going to Buckingham place to see the changing of the guard. Going to the national gallery and having afternoon tea there

Congratulations to ljcrochet, PollyannaMom, BonnieF, and me for turning Open-Air Orange!

A big Disney happening this month is the premier of Toy Story 4 on June 21, and the parks have taken notice!

WDW's Monorail Yellow has a new Toy Story 4 theme, and the cast and filmmakers visited Toy Story Land at DHS yesterday to kick off the festivities. Disneyland Paris has a mini-festival (18-28 June) with Toy Story Playdays. All summer, Hong Kong Disneyland is featuring Toy Story and Pixar Pals Summer Splash, including the Pixar Water Play Street Party. And also all summer, Tokyo Disney Resort presents Funtime with Toy Story 4. It looks like you can participate in a "Find Forky" hunt in either Paris or Tokyo!

Here's the Toy Story 4 official trailer:

Saturday we toured London while in maybe 2 hours of sleep. We did a hop on hop off bus to get an overview but was possible more aggravation than it was worth. I think we wound up at the Tower of London 2 hours later then we planned. We wound up skipping the afternoon tea we had booked and just eating at a cute restaurant near the town if London.
We ended the day by seeing come from away.

It is now almost 9am, we are getting ready to go sightseeing. I think we are going to Buckingham place to see the changing of the guard. Going to the national gallery and having afternoon tea there

Thanks for the report!

I enjoy the National Gallery more now that I am not worried about being tested on the art! I spent a semester in college in London, and one of the classes was British art. Now the pieces feel like old friends. (In fact, the Magellan's restaurant at Tokyo DisneySea had a print of a painting that I recognized from the National Gallery.) And just the view from the porch of the National Gallery down Whitehall toward Parliament makes me happy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter