J's Trip report - It's Broke down again?? 3 rides and a plane ! Our Amazing Adenture

Day 3 Saturday October 2nd, 2010 Continued:

OK, so at this point It's about 9:45 in the morning of our first day in Florida and we had yet to discuss exactly what the plans for the day held. We was by far too busy just simply having fun where we was at. The Go with the Flow ideal was working at this moment ! We was very lucky to have our Villa right next to the park :) We get a txt from Tony stating he was done with orientation so we head up to the House of Hearts to meet him. On our way back to the Villa we discussed the options of things to do this week that Tony was told about during orientation and something I never thought we would do is what we did on day 1 of actually being in Florida. SEA WORLD ! Yay too cool To be honest I think I was more excited then the kids. We chose Sea World because of several reasons. Since we were so honored to be part of the WishFlight, we wanted to make sure we was back in time for their evening party. We did not want to waste a day ticket at Disney or universal at this point for a ½ day. Had we known how the week would have gone it would not have mattered what park we had done on day one. Look at me getting ahead of myself here. Suspense suspense. Soo Sea World it is. Here are some pics from that.
Awww a hug !
DSC01543.jpg

This has to be one of my most fav pictures !
DSCF0215.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

Seaworld was amazing as you can see with wonder in eyes and jaw dropping moments of wonder. There was Happy Feet and sharks Hugs and laughter. But no Rides today LOL. Those come later. Much Later.
We went back to Give Kids The World at about 4ish on day 1 of being out and about But, not before stopping into walmart to pick up a few supplies and extra. The first of many Walmart visits hahaha. The Party that American Airlines/Something Maagic Foundation/GKTW put on was wonderful. They had everything a kiddo could want. Pool, good food, lots of snacks from sno cones to games to play. Was absolutely wonderful. Oh and when we returned to the villa Gifts were waiting on the table :)

Day 4 Sunday October 3rd, 2010

AH first morning of a full day available ! What oh what do we do??? No one was in the mood to eat this morning, we were definitely full from having the party food from the night before and of course Pizza. Pizza was a nightly ritual. So after showering, getting ready it was now 9 and we was rearing to go. Wait what's that? UGH James wants to stop at walmart!!!! again ? This is now the 3rd time. Ah well we needed some sunblock so we swung in and decided to go to Epcot today. We were the MOST excited about Epcot. Which in all Honestly turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. A few things we had wanted too do we either 1. didn't find it before James was tuckered out or 2. it was closed down that day. Having said that. We did do a ride !!!!! We went on Test Track!!!!
The kids were still iffy on doing rides in general so any rides that come around it was no no no. For a week of yes. This became a week of No's but we are in a strange land with 2 ill kiddos who tucker out easy and we can not forget they are Teenagers. Yep. So we walked and walked and walked , looked at as much as we could oOOoo we did go to innovations (I believe this is where we did the frog) we were able to dress up velcro frogs. Had me laughing cause even Tony Joined in. James refused at first. So Katelynn and I dove right in giggling like toddlers dressing up velcro frogs when next thing we know Tony is dressing one up to. Then wallah! James joined in !!! yippee Wish I had a picture but we were all so into making these and giggling we just didn't stop to think of grabbing camera. So all in all we looked around, rode on test track, OH and met another family while at Epcot. At the smokers station go figure hahaha. Kiddos wanted to stop for a bite to eat so we let them grab soft pretzels and soda's :) after this time James was starting to get a wee bit cranky, he had some slight disappointment that it took so long to get to rides as far as walking he was simply ready to go home. Here are a couple pictures of us at Epcot. Some reason a slew of pictures randomly disappeared off my camera so these are the only few from Epcot all together.
But hey we did get a family pic done here too !

vacation2010004.jpg

vacation2010007.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

Photo0002.jpg

Day 4 Sunday October 3rd, 2010 Continued;

So instead of heading straight back to the Villa we decided to go ahead and take a trip to Down Town Disney. This was one of the places Katelynn was seriously wanting to check out. I have no idea why on earth this 17 year old big sister would want to go there. Hahaha. Shopping. So James decided it would be something fun to check out. We did get a bit stressed out this day as far as driving goes yet at the same time we were starting to get the hang of it. Downtown Disney held a lot of eye candy that’s for sure. We also ended up sitting and waiting for what felt like forever as James took some of his money and bought a custom made skateboard. Which made me fret on how we would get such a thing home which I learned later was a lot easier then I realized. But that’s besides the point. OK I will say it here and now. The guys were right and I was wrong. There I said it now I will continue on with this story hahaha. OK, so after James gets his skateboard he is one happpppppy camper. Katelynn and I decide we want to take a look at a few shops. So we looked around checked things out. We meant to go back there before trip end and get a necklace katelynn saw and a ring I found from one of the Disney shops. But alas. We didn't. Ah well lol I don’t have any particular pictures of us at this place because James decided he was over having his picture taken and this proved to be a theme the entire trip. Kinda comical really. I see now how we managed as a family to go 14 years without a family picture being taken. We are ALL camera shy. So after the novelty of shopping through such thick crowds wore off we decided that we wanted to head back to Give Kids The World and go hang out. Supper was marvelous, the atmosphere was fun. Seriously when you ask any one of us what was your favorite part of the trip. GKTW will be what you hear from all of us. Kids did not really join in too many activities. More or less watched from the sidelines but that was OK. What ended up being an evening ritual was heading over to the House of Hearts, they had a big screen TV some over sized furniture that was in an L shape. We would curl up on that every evening for an hour or so. So Not a huge report for day 4. Relaxing in the end which is just what we needed :) here are those couple of pics we did take in Downtown Disney :)
First one is of a Bioncle that both the guys loved. And second one is at the skate shop where James had a skateboard put together.

vacation2010009.jpg

vacation2010010.jpg

Day 5 Monday October 4th, 2010

Another gorgeous morning this day was. Easy for me to recall such a detail as each and every day was absolutely gorgeous! I did forget to mention our pet that we adopted on our arrival night at the Villa in GKTW. His name is Skippity as he was missing a leg. No clue if this was some sort of leaf bug. Grasshopper, locus. Or what it was but since it scared all of us we named it which somehow made it seem friendlier. Here is his picture before we move on to the actual days events HAHA.
skippity.jpg

Alright, Now that that has been taken care of lets get on with the days activities. Today we chose Universal Studios. We thought we would do one side this day and another side another day. Nope we did all of it in less then 1 day. How do you wonder? I;m not sure if you recall but the week of yes's turned into a week of no and as the week continued this was coming to a peak. For now lets talk about Universal. I was amazed at how they handled the parking here. Instead of parking 10 miles away and having to take a tram bus or trolley thing to get into the park the guy takes one look at the GKTW button and says turn your 4 ways on and follow the path. Wow parking right there at the floor you need to be on easy as pie. Now for us the Moving sidewalks were fun all in itself. When we entered into Universal we was lost as soon as we was passed the moving sidewalks. It took us a few minutes just to realize that the start of universal was the start for both parks not 1 and that I see why they do this. They snag you into buying items as you walk in and as you walk out LOL. Guess what. It Works ! Seriously there was a stand on the right hand side that sold cases for all hand held items. Not a regular cloth case a spiffy vibrant sticky kinda cover that you can take on and off and even take say your iPod or telephone and slap it up on a wall , fridge, pretty much anyplace and it will stick. UGH we bought into it and 4 of these things was purchased. OWWIE ouch. 80 bucks POOF right there and yet to step into the park. At the very end of all this I will post random pictures and will make sure to take a picture of my skin I added onto my iPod.
OK so we go left first which if I recall correctly is island. Still at this point James was in his no mood. :/ kinda put a damper on the days some until he snapped out of it but no matter we still had fun :) first thing we did was look at the hulk ride and say Heck No. Just looking at it made me want to have a hearty attack. We just walked along took in the sites asked James as we passed by things if he wanted to go do it. Of coursed it's still no's lol. Finally we come upon Twister. Asked James if he wanted to and he started to say no and I stepped in this time and said we ALL was going in because I knew this one did not have anything to make anyone scared or ill lol. WOW amazing Universal brought us to our own private waiting room :D talk about a magical moment of feeling special. It was also a moment when as far as parks go the trip started to change for the better. Don't get me wrong No matter what the trip was going great. We was experiencing something new as a family, we were all together. No hospitals, no work, no bills, no school. No housework. No cooking No massive cleaning.
This is a Week of no's that I am loving LOL OK so No Lines NO waiting !! which worked out great because that was also something that we learned on this trip. James has a phobia of large crowds.

We knew he was shy. We didn't know crowds caused anxiety. So Twister was amazing lots of fun head of line and easy in easy out. We did several other things within the two parks that day. Twister – Disaster etc. Was such a lovely day out just experiencing the sites and the imagination of those who create such places. I personally had never seen something so larger then life. Katelynn, James and I were all born in same hospital, lived in same town, over all no travel experience. So to see something so HUGE was pretty darn cool for all of us. When we worked our way over to Pluto’s blarge the kids refused to get wet. I was looking at this like OMG this would be something of a lifetime event thing to do and I WANNA do it. But the no's from kids came back. Well Tony to my rescue lol. I;m sure he didn't want to get wet either. But he went with me ! AWESOME when we were sitting in that raft I was scared for a moment cause we left the two kids behind to watch us. That was a first. I started to feel guilty but then I was like after bypassing so much so often and I was HOT. This Maine girl was not used to this kinda heat in the fall lol so strapped in and off we go. I looked over at Tony and I felt so young with him hahaha. Laugh omg we laughed. It was just too fun I can't even begin to tell you. James was able to snap a picture of us as we was about to head under a bridge :) Us 2 elder kiddos in the raft. After we got off that ride Katelynn and James laughed so hard at us. We was literally soaked from head to feet :D coolness ! Yay. James decided it looked pretty fun and wanted to go but his pants were to baggy to get wet so he shopped around for some shorts. Unfortunately they did not have any his size and at this point we decided to call it a day and head back to GKTW.
I had mentioned going swimming when we get back to GKTW since they had 2 pools and told them it had been a lifelong dream of mine to simply swim in Florida and it didn’t matter how, in a pool in the ocean or dancing in the rain but I seriously wanted to swim! James LOVED the idea. So early day yet again we had bounced through both universal parks off we go to swim at “home”
I put home in quotations because I really want to share this side note with you. Never have any of us so easily called someplace else home. It came so natural to us to say want to go home. And we all knew we were talking about the villa. For those of you reading this who has yet to experience Give Kids The World. You just wait. You are in for a treat of a lifetime. Even though our avg day out of the resort was 7 hours most days less, We do not feel a void for what we missed at the parks. There is so much love, respect, cheerfulness happiness at GKTW it changes you. I feel blessed with the opportunity to know what it is like to be there. I kid you not for that week life is abnormal because you are experiencing something you never otherwise would have. However, if you need that moment to feel normal again, to feel like OK life is good life is wonderful. This place gives you that.
Back onto the day. LOL I just can't say enough how much we loved it at GKTW. I do have a confession to make. HAHAHA I had a meltdown. Completely. This mum turned into a lil kid herself. I mean this is sad. We laugh now at it but at the time I felt stupid, silly and childish. Going back to the coming home and going swimming. James changed his mind. Katelynn I never expected too go swimming. She has a fear of pools/deep water and is simply uncomfy. My hubby is not a huge fan of swimming in public. So I was counting on James to go. Silly Silly mum LOL. Here it is James trip and I am having the meltdown about the fact he promised to go swimming and now he doesn't want to... I was too scared to go by myself over swimming. I felt silly going without one of the kiddos. Like I would have been taking up space meant for another. No clue why I felt that way. I just didn't want to swim alone. James ultimately caved lol so did Tony. They went in just so far with me into the pool then met me over on the other side so I could at least say I went swimming in Florida LOL. Maybe I was overtired and I know the idea of flying back home weighed heavy on my mind. Between the two and just having a different sched sent me for a childish loop. Here is the plus to this. After my meltdown James gave more of an effort to say yes, so did Katelynn. I also decided to give up on begging for pictures as I realized it was a losing battle. Other than meltdown from another family member later in the trip, we came to a head on butting heads.
From here on out until the flight home things went quite a bit smoother.
I will now toss in the few pictures we took at Universal.
OH BTW. Harry Potter was a huge waste of time. There was literally no walking room. We walked through one store and back out the other side. Walked through the main road of Harry Potter and back on out again. Such a shame too. We at least get to say we saw it in person right? LOL

DSCF0270.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0298.jpg

Day 6 Tuesday October 5th 2010. Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom

This day I think was my most favorite day out of all days on the trip. I do believe it was all of our favorites as far as parks go. Which to be honest with you is a shocker. The reason I say this is from everyone I had spoken to had us prepared that this place was too lil for teenagers. Well. No haha. This seemed to be the day we went on the most rides. It will also be a day I never forget because a lot of magic happened in such a short time that we spent in magic kingdom.
This time it was James turn to have a melt down. He was almost to point he wanted to throw hands up in air and give up on parks all together. I have to say this again. GKTW was honestly the most magical. When we was “home” we was relaxed happy and no pressure. We laughed played ate and walked tons. Just enjoyed the atmosphere. I should go back and see how many times I have said something along those lines in this blog. Hahaha. Oh yes back to what I was trying to explain. James in a melt down. To be honest with you I am unsure when we all gave up and just sat on a curb until James would figure out what it is he wanted to do. We gave him every option possible. We had no idea what was bothering him at this point either. Like me James will hold the world inside until he bursts. The Irish in him I suppose. Well it come down to this. He was expecting something similar to Fun Town. A park here in Maine where you get on one ride get off and there is the next one. He was too embarrassed to have me use the fast pass card. His body was hurting from his arthritis but he did not want a wheelchair because he didn't want to be stared at. His feelings was still hurt from the episode in Miami airport where he was given a gift and someone took it away and he felt that they took it away because he refused to have his face painted, and he was feeling guilty that we was wanting him to choose everything. He also wanted to go on a FAST ride but did not want to do it alone. All that come out while sitting on a sidewalk in Magic Kingdom. I'm sorry but I had to giggle during this. He is too much like his Mumma. Hold it all in melt down and once you let it all out. Life just seems better. We had a cure for most of his complaints lol . Let me wear the fast pass and deal with that and he will just wear the pin. Basically I told him. If you see a ride you want to do tell me and I will find a way to make it happen. This took the pressure off him and gave me the nerve to actually use the fast pass. I reminded him that there is never no place quite like home but to step back look around at how cool this place is. His father stepped in and said he would do a ride with him. This is the guy who said NO you will never get me on a roller coaster. Same guy that we have only had on the “teddy bears” at carnivals the teddy bears go slower then the tea cups. I told him there was nothing I could do about what happened in Miami but look at how awesome Boston and Orlando was and that got him just a chattering and BOOM off we went to go in search of a fast ride. We did several rides and we even started the run of rides breaking down while we were on them! First ride to break down was Haunted mansion. Another ride to break down was splash Mountain and the last day the ride that had a glitch was Rockin roller coaster. So that was 3 rides. Hahaha. So anyways after a final 3rd ride on Space Mountain we decided to take a trip over to Animal Kingdom. Unfortunately we have not a single picture of this place and we had minimal time. Kids wanted to ride Mt Everest. Which they did. Hahaha Oh I wish I had thought to snap a picture at this moment. Katelynn come off this ride pale and woozy. James was done in. so a whopping 30 mins in Animal Kingdom and we was heading back to GKTW. This was a fantastic day :)
few pics shown below here :)

Photo0008.jpg

Photo0019.jpg

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Photo0044.jpg

21488700000.jpg

21488700001.jpg

OK LOL I know you are all thinking huh? why this picture.
This is the first of 3 rides that broke down while we was on it :lmao::rotfl2::hug:This one has Katelynn N James while we was stuck in
Haunted Mansion for about 15 mins.
Katelynn had a witch staring straight at her they are in
the car on the left LOL
DSCF0314.jpg

Well Thats Tonights portion of the program :lmao::rotfl2: I will finish this TR up tomorrow :woohoo: UM have i possibly mentioned... WE MISS GKTW !!!!

I am loving your PTR. I was excited to read about the generosity of the people on the plane! We were supposed to be there overlapping your dates, it sounds like the weather was good. I'm happy that you all got to go and even though there were ups and downs, I hope the ups overwhelmed the downs. GKTW looks like a home away from home. I'm glad it was a refuge and fun place! Take care and I look forward to reading more!:rotfl:

Aww those are some cool photopass pictures!!! I have to tell you I HATE rides that spin and DBF HATES rollercoasters...but at least disney still had a lot that we would both do :thumbsup2

Great updates! So glad that James decided to turn his Nos into Yeses especially when you were at the MK! Lots of nice family pictures. I agree that that is a nice picture of you and your husband. Yeah that James got a skateboard to bring home. :thumbsup2 Hope he has been enjoying it! It's great to hear that your family enjoyed GKTW. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

:goodvibesI am loving your TR and all the pics!! I see that James was wearing the GAC card at Epcot in one of the pics, did GKTW give you the plastic thing to hold it that goes around his neck or did you buy that somewhere?

I would love to have one of those on the trip, so I don't lose it!!

:goodvibesI am loving your TR and all the pics!! I see that James was wearing the GAC card at Epcot in one of the pics, did GKTW give you the plastic thing to hold it that goes around his neck or did you buy that somewhere?

I would love to have one of those on the trip, so I don't lose it!!

Becky...GKTW gives you one to hold the GAC.

I hope things are going better with James and school!

I can't wait to read more!

Lynn

So happy to see James got to ride a roller coaster. I love all of your pics.Lovely pictures of you all with your backs turned to each other. Ty had a park of no's at Universal and IOA and I had the meltdown at Magic Kingdom(in front of alot of people;)) But it passed thankfully and I never seen any of those people again:rotfl2: Loving your tr!

I truly hope that everyone is doing ok and that you come back to finish your report.

I truly hope that everyone is doing ok and that you come back to finish your report.

Stacey..I have Patty on my FB page and she and kiddos are doing ok. She has been busy with appts and school. I told her to come back and finish her trip report;).

Stacey..I have Patty on my FB page and she and kiddos are doing ok. She has been busy with appts and school. I told her to come back and finish her trip report;).

I have been having a heck of a time trying to even log into here !!!!
Thanks for letting everyone know!!

It's been very hectic here on my end between James appts and Katelynn's appts and fighting the school for James UGH. Finally have a few things with school settled but we will have a few more meetings to iron more details out.

I am going to try and get the rest of the trip report up tonight thats my goal at least. Then I can start getting PTR's and TR's caught up :) ok so here goes an attempt at finishing the TR

I have been having a heck of a time trying to even log into here !!!!
Thanks for letting everyone know!!

It's been very hectic here on my end between James appts and Katelynn's appts and fighting the school for James UGH. Finally have a few things with school settled but we will have a few more meetings to iron more details out.

I am going to try and get the rest of the trip report up tonight thats my goal at least. Then I can start getting PTR's and TR's caught up :) ok so here goes an attempt at finishing the TR
Trisha...boy...do I know what you are talking about school. They took Kylee's afternoon away and I have been fighting to get her back. We just had a medical conference and waiting for her IEP. She needs a one on one aide. been dealing with this for 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter