Josh's Calendars - gone again

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never really restarted them. Not more than a month or two. I have the impression he never intended to but sort of got roped in to it by people asking for them but his heart was not in to it and he just never truly restarted with any significant effort. Just my 2 cents.

I was wondering too. Hope he's not done. AK will require an entirely new strategy; perhaps he's waiting for the official opening of Avatarland to see how it goes.

He never really restarted them. Not more than a month or two. I have the impression he never intended to but sort of got roped in to it by people asking for them but his heart was not in to it and he just never truly restarted with any significant effort. Just my 2 cents.
He did restart them. He did calendars for the first four month of this year, from January-April. The calendars just stopped in May without explanation. I'm sure there's a reason -- even if it's just that he didn't want the hassle of it anymore -- but I miss them.

He did restart them. He did calendars for the first four month of this year, from January-April. The calendars just stopped in May without explanation. I'm sure there's a reason -- even if it's just that he didn't want the hassle of it anymore -- but I miss them.
I know. That's what I said he restarted for a month or two (ok, 4 technically)
Couple months, 4 months, take it however you want. Point was, it wasn't much at all.
He isn't doing them any more
Time to move on is the bottom line, to me.
And yeah, I miss them too.

I was wondering too. Hope he's not done. AK will require an entirely new strategy; perhaps he's waiting for the official opening of Avatarland to see how it goes.
Perhaps. I have my doubts but will hold out a small piece of hope
I'm sticking with KtP.
That's what I'm using for out trip that starts tomorrow. His crowd levels were off for our trip last month (he has it as insane and it was far from it) but we didn't test out his recommended parks that trip. We are this time so we'll see how it seems

Our trip isn't until next summer but I'm watching this summers to get a feel for when to book next year.

Our trip isn't until next summer but I'm watching this summers to get a feel for when to book next year.
I just don't know that this summer is going to tell you a thing about next year.
You have Pandora at AK and you'll have some new stuff at HS next year. Plus a new show at MK this year. So much is going to be different you are going to compare apples to oranges.

Glad you posted this, I posted something similar yesterday but didn't get much traffic.

We haven't been since 2014 and used Josh's calendar when we went, is there a good alternative released far enough in advance to use when it comes time to making our FP and ADRs? We're going next March.

That's what I'm using for out trip that starts tomorrow. His crowd levels were off for our trip last month (he has it as insane and it was far from it) but we didn't test out his recommended parks that trip. We are this time so we'll see how it seems

I'm expecting insane crowds, so it would be a nice surprise if it's not as bad. I figure since I pay for Character Locator I will use his calendars. I agree about the personal experience.

I never quite understood how these were any more "personal" than Touring Plans. Yes, he had whole paragraphs explaining why this park versus that park. But if you actually read them, all he did was plug in boilerplate explanations. It would be the same information over and over. So, yes, it looks like there's a lot more to it than TP. But I'm guessing he used an algorithm as well--just made it look prettier.

I never quite understood how these were any more "personal" than Touring Plans. Yes, he had whole paragraphs explaining why this park versus that park. But if you actually read them, all he did was plug in boilerplate explanations. It would be the same information over and over. So, yes, it looks like there's a lot more to it than TP. But I'm guessing he used an algorithm as well--just made it look prettier.
No, he did not use a computer to determine the more crowded parks.

He's commenting about this thread on twitter (@easywdw). ""i'm lying to you but i still have this product to sell so i spent 10 minutes color coding the travel agent calendar enjoy" Sounds like he is done for now.

I don't think he used a computer, but he had a pretty formulaic way of composing them. "Don't go here. It's an EMH park." "Go here; it's the day after EMH." "Don't go here. It's the first day for a lot of guests, and they always want to start out with MK." Etc.

With Disney waiting so late to update their hours, I don't think he felt comfortable piecing them together that far in advance.

Personally, I look at as many calendars as I can and piece them together to get an idea. They generally have a clue, but that doesn't mean they'll be right on a given day.

He's commenting about this thread on twitter (@easywdw). ""i'm lying to you but i still have this product to sell so i spent 10 minutes color coding the travel agent calendar enjoy" Sounds like he is done for now.

I thought he was just replying to @HungThrottle when he happened to mention his crowd calendars. Admittedly, Twitter is not my forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter