John Lasseter head of Skydance animation

Taking any politics out of it, it's a pretty smart move by Skydance. It seems like a start-up from an animation house point-of-view, so they need all the leadership talent they can get even if they have good animators. The animated world isn't just Illumination and Pixar anymore ... look at stuff like 'Kubo' which I felt was right up there with some of Pixar's best. In the next decade could we see Skydance become the next big powerhouse?

I'm already seeing nth wave feminists plotting a boycott of Skydance, conveniently ignoring the fact that Lasseter apologised for his behaviour. Whatever happened to redemption?

At least the company acknowledged the past allegations and told employees an overview of how they addressed them. I have no desire to watch his future projects but if a company wants to hire him that’s their business.

Most of these boycotts don't end up amounting to anything. I certainly do believe that he deserves another chance.
I also recall when people used to boycott South African fruit and vegetables because of Apartheid. Didn't stop the general public from buying them and supermarkets from importing them.

I don't care if he hugged people too long, the guy is a genius. I hope he gets his revenge on Disney for being too PC.

I have to imagine it was a little more than hugging...

But wouldn't he have been roasted more like Kevin Spacey? Disney's acting like it was a minimal crime that ruffled only a few peoples feathers.

Disney did the same thing with James Gunn. But the difference was that Gunn seemed to really, really...really deserve it.

I don't care if he hugged people too long, the guy is a genius. I hope he gets his revenge on Disney for being too PC.

Yeah, screw being pc and promoting an all inclusive culture where are employees keep their flipping hands to themselves. People wringing their hands about being “too pc” always makes me wonder what in the world could possibly be problematic about a supportive non-threatening environment.

Yeah, screw being pc and promoting an all inclusive culture where our employees keep their flipping hands to themselves. People wringing their hands about being “too pc” always makes me wonder what in the world could possibly be problematic about a supportive non-threatening environment.

Take it easy amberpi, it's not like he's Bill Cosby. He could just be one of those weird touchy feely uncles or grandparents. It couldn't have been that bad if he's still getting job offers.

Disney did the same thing with James Gunn. But the difference was that Gunn seemed to really, really...really deserve it.
Actually it was Gunn's firing that was about Disney being "too PC" (because of bad old tweets), whereas Lasseter was more of a #metoo situation.

Actually it was Gunn's firing that was about Disney being "too PC" (because of bad old tweets), whereas Lasseter was more of a #metoo situation.

That is like comparing Charlie Manson to a jaywalker. Gunn talked about inappropriate, unforgivable things with minors. He deserved what he got and then some.

His big buddy Batista can join him if he thinks otherwise.

That is like comparing Charlie Manson to a jaywalker. Gunn talked about inappropriate, unforgivable things with minors. He deserved what he got and then some.

His big buddy Batista can join him if he thinks otherwise.
Gunn told some off-color jokes which Disney was well aware of for years before some alt-righters brought them back up as a gotcha. And they got him indeed. But they were obviously jokes, even if they were inappropriate or offensive to some. I for one don't care what somebody's tweeting if they are making awesome movies like GoTG.

I don't see how you can say Gunn "got what he deserved" but then defend Lasseter's behavior in this day and age. Both firings were knee-jerk overreactions IMO, and I'm glad both talented guys are getting opportunities elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!