StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone!!!!

Welcome to my next trip report! This trip kicked off exactly 1 year ago! I know, I am late to get this started but at least it is the holiday day season? Right?

This was our first time in Disney around the Christmas Holiday. And I was soooo excitied to see all of the holiday stuff! And we tried to squeeze it all in! I may have run our whole group ragged trying! But we had a GREAT trip!!!

This was also a special trip because our friends were meeting us here! And the girls didn't know about it. More on that in the introductions below.

So, if you haven't read any of my other trip reports, here is a quick intro for my family:

First up is me!

My name is Ariella. I am the disney planner. It has literally become my hobby! And 2020 was a bit depressing for me with no idea when I would even be able to plan a trip. I love almost any ride in disney, love all things PIXAR and princesses and have a soft spot for bread service and most specialty drinks.

Up next is Andy. Andy is hard working and always loves our trips to decompress from work. He loves all of the Star Wars rides, loves Star Wars and is a big fan of the moonshine from homecomin'.

This is Morgan. She is our oldest. She was 11 on this trip. Morgan is our reserved, thoughtful girl. She loves all Disney rollercoasters, all things Star Wars and pretty much all disney snack.

This is Gwen, she was 9 on this trip. She is our fiesty little one. Gwen loves the more traditional disney rides (It's a small world, Peter Pan...), all cute disney characters and is partical to the churros and macroons.

With us this trip is our friends, The C's. Our kids are close in age and as the kids have grown up, we have really become family to one another. We call the kids all "pho-cousins". And some of Gwen's friends from school think they are there actual cousins. But they as they have all gotten older, they really do act like cousins. And I just love it! And I was beyond excitied when they decided to come to Disney at the same time as us!

This is Dad C. Dad C and Andy went to college together. So, they have known each other for awhile and have bonded over the usually college antics. Big C's favorite parts of Disney was def the food and drinks!

This is Mama C. Mama C and I have become close friends over time. And is really is like family. She is the mom of the following 2 boys and loves to get her girl fill with my girls. She LOVES disney world but hasn't been since pre-children. I think she might have been the most excitied for this trip in there family.

This is Big L. Big L is exactly 2 weeks younger than Gwen. They have never not known each other and they def consider each other cousins. Big L loves all of the rollercoasters and any of the more thrill rides.

This is Little M. He is a short and mighty little guy. He is the youngest of the "cousins" and is always trying to keep up with them. He loves anything with pirates, robots, and the less thrill ride rides...

So, the rest of the details of the trip?

We all stayed at Carribean Beach. I would have loved to have stayed at Wilderness Lodge this trip butt it was just too $$$$. It turned out to work out great for us. The Skyliner was literally a LIFESAVER this trip! (more on that later)

We flew out Black Friday and flew home the following Thursday. While the C's flew out Saturday after Black Friday and flew home on Saturday. So, most of our trip overlapped with each other.

I hope you follow along with me as I re-live our holiday full trip!

Last edited:

Following along!
:welcome:So glad you are here! I see your countdown for Hawaii!!! We are hoping to go to Hawaii in 2021 or 2022! You will have to give me some recommendations!

I’m in!
:welcome: Thanks for following along!!!

Following along! Can’t wait to read about your trip and all the Christmas fun!
:welcome:So, glad you came over to read this trip report as well! I am looking forward to sharing all of the fun Christmas stuff. And hopefully most of it will be back next year!

Following!
:welcome:Thanks for following!

Following, looking forward to reading. Love your TRs!
:welcome:Thanks for following! And thank you for reading my other reports! I love sharing our trips!

Hopping over from your last TR. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures. I am at WDW right now for my first time during the holidays. A little disappointed about missing some of usual festivities but going to make the best of it.

Joining to hear about all the fun!

Hopping over from your last TR. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures. I am at WDW right now for my first time during the holidays. A little disappointed about missing some of usual festivities but going to make the best of it.
Hope you are having a wonderful trip!

Yay for more one year-late Disney trips!! Glad I finally finished mine, so I can stay in the Christmas spirit and read along with yours :)
I am glad I was able to finish your trip report with you! I have been so behind on most people's reports. I just started following some wherever they are in the report... Thanks for coming over!!
:welcome:

:welcome: I hope you have a great time!!! It looks like they decorated a lot in the parks at least... And the food looks great for the festival of the holidays.

Joining to hear about all the fun!

:welcome:Thanks for following along!!!!

Pre-Travel Day!

I don't usually do a pre travel day, but this trip was a bit different. This trip was a suprise to the girls.This isn't actually new for us but I was excitied that this trip had been kept a secret pretty well! I don't think they were even remotely suspision (or suss as the kids say these days...)

So, Thanksgiving Day was going to be a VERY busy day for us! We had a lot of family coming over for dinner. And we decided to set up our Christmas Tree so we could decorate it with the family. We usually put up the trip on Black Friday, but sinse we were going to be on our way to Disney this made sense. So, we were cramming basically 2 days of festivities into 1 day! Woo Hoo!

So, Andy and I a quietly as possible pulled our tree out of the basement and set it up once the girls were asleep the night before. And added these guys into the tree for the big reveal!

I probably did a bunch of other things that night before finally going to bed.

I had to set my alarm super early on Thanksgiving. My children STILL do not understand sleeping in. 6:00 AM every day... EVERY DAY.... Anyway, I woke up early so, that I was up to tell them to wait to go downstairs together. (Which was a dead give away that SOMETHING was up.)

After. a little torcure of making them wait upstairs while Andy and I came downstairs, turned on lights, made sure our cameras were ready... And then we finally let them come down!

At first they were super confused...

And then they read the sign and it all sunk in.

They were super excitied obviously.

They somehow removed Chip and Dale from our Elf. And loved those little guys!

We then went about our day, watched the thanksgiving day parade, made a HUGE thanksgiving feast, decorated the tree, ate dessert, and kicked everyone out of our house by 8:00 so that we could finish getting ready to leave the next day!

That is my sister's little boy. I hope that one day they will take him to Disney but I fear that may not happen. He did ask my sister the other day if there were any castles around here because he wanted to meet a Princess!

We had a flight out at 8:00 AM the next morning, so it was going to be an early morning!

Up Next Travel Day!

I love how you surprised the girls with this trip! Whenever I start writing about our July Disney trip, maybe I'll throw in a bonus update or two about Jimmy's surprise bday trip to Universal, too. We did a little scavenger hunt through the house where he had to follow clues to his gift that said he was going!

It is A LOT of work to surprise them, isn't it?! But so worth the excitement :)

It is A LOT of work to surprise them, isn't it?! But so worth the excitement :)
It is so much work! But it is def worth it. It is getting harder to guess what they will want to do as they get older.

henever I start writing about our July Disney trip, maybe I'll throw in a bonus update or two about Jimmy's surprise bday trip to Universal, too
DEF!!!!

So excited for another report!!! Quick question: where did you get your curtains?
Ha! My mother-in-law made them for us. I picked out the fabric from https://www.decoratorsbest.com/ (I think... we have had them since we moved into our house 14 years ago)

When I gave the fabric to my mother-in-law she HATED it... Too bold for her. And then a few years later, she saw almost the exact same pattern curtains in an issue of Martha Stewart Magazine. And all of a sudden she liked them..

I’m here and excited to read about a Christmas time report
I would have been on an airplane right now to Disney if times were normal! Bummer..
What a whirlwind Thanksgiving before your trip. I love the surprise in the tree for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter