Jiko or Boma?

jdcthree

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have been to both, which one would you choose if you could only choose one? Is Jiko really worth the money?

I lOVE Boma, but if I would try Jiko in a heartbeat (even instead of Boma) if I had an extra 2 TS credits. It is supposed to be amazing.

If you don't want to worry about the price, though, Boma is awesome IMO!

We were at both, pics and review in my Oct link, and prefer Jiko 100 times over Boma dinner....but Boma breakfast is da bomb!

If u want a nicer ambiance DEF Jiko- and I liked the food a little better. Certain things dont look so great but the Filet adn Mac and Cheese is wonderful. I liked boma too but i loved jiko. That being said- with teh kids i'd pick boma- and boma's bfast rocks!!!
my hubby also LOVED jiko and HATED boma, but he's also not adventurous in trying new things. only likes the things he knows kind of guy :-)

These are two completely different dining experiences. You really can't compare them.

If you're looking for a really nice, fine-dining experience and don't mind paying for it then Jiko is your choice.

If you're looking for a meal that has lots of options, then Boma should fit the bill.

do you want quiet dinner or do you want the chaos of a buffet?

There aren't as many children in Jiko...........It's a 2TS signature restaurant.

THe last time we were at the AKL we ate at Jiko. The din coming from Boma was overwhelming. Boma is not the place for a quiet dinner.

We stayed at AKL and have tried Boma for breakfast and dinner ......it is fabulous, and the food is great.....but it is LOUD.......it is good if you have kids....you can get in and get out......DD3 last year loved it!
We have several ADR'S for Boma when we go back this year.:goodvibes
That being said, now that DD is 4 we are taking her to SImba's clubhouse and DH and I are planning on a few nights at Jiko for a nice quiet dinner for just the two of us......we love good food and we are looking forward to Jiko for some adult time together!!!!
Have fun.....:flower3:

We were unimpressed with Boma, it just wasn't that great to us. We really enjoyed Jiko though, and have been twice now and will likely be going back in October as well. So I would vote for Jiko.

I think they're two totally different experiences. My absolutely favorite restaurant (pretty much anywhere really, but I'll limit it to WDW) is Jiko. I think it is just fabulous.

That being said, I do try to avoid lunch/dinner buffets whenever possible, so Boma isn't exactly at the top of my list just based on that.

Because you asked the question --- "Is it worth the money" ---- I think that you really have to consider the diners and their preferences in order to decide whether Jiko is worth the money.

Although children are certainly welcome at both locations, I would venture to say that for most children, you'll get a better value for your money at Boma. Even my own "child", age 22, couldn't care less about a place like Jiko and it wouldn't be worth spending our money for him at Jiko.

If the people in your party prefer more simply prepared food, or strictly American food, or aren't adventurous eaters (nothing wrong with any of those things), then Jiko won't be worth the money.

Have a look at the Jiko menu. If the menu items look intriguing to everyone in your party, then go! Whatever is on the menu will be well-prepared and will be worth eating. And the service is impeccable. It is top-notch, it is attentive, but it is not stuffy.

For my husband and me --- Jiko is definitely worth the money. Love the unique experience and the unique food.

If I could only choose one restaurant?
Jiko, if it is only my husband and me.
Boma, if it is husband, son, and me.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! My parents are joining my ds7 and I on this trip, so I will have them look at Jiko's menu and see what they have to say. I do all the planning for our trips (they like it that way, lol), but if they aren't too excited about Jiko we'll skip it. We aren't on the dining plan this time and are only doing a few TS meals, so we have one opening left for either Jiko or Boma. I'm pretty sure ds would prefer Boma, so we may stick with that.

Jiko hands down, it is sooo much better than Boma...we did both in Oct, click on the link for a ton of pics and full reviews of both places.

These are two completely different dining experiences. You really can't compare them.

If you're looking for a really nice, fine-dining experience and don't mind paying for it then Jiko is your choice.

If you're looking for a meal that has lots of options, then Boma should fit the bill.

Exactly.
Besides both being in AKL, they are nothing alike.
If you a family group go to Boma.
If you are adult couple go to Jiko.

I am a Boma fan. :)

I think it depends on your tastes though. We enjoy quality and variety, but we are less interested in fancy dishes and less interested in fancy restaurants.

What I like about Boma is it gives you the opportunity to try a little bit of everything. & most everything in that buffet is delicious!! We like this variety because the cuisine is very different than what we have access to at home so it's a special treat. IMHO, Boma has the highest quality food out of any buffet at WDW.

You really can't go wrong with either one though. Boma & Jiko both have terrific service, great food, great beer and wine selections, and gorgeous atmospheres. Just depends on if you are interested in fancy vs. a little more casual, variety vs. selected dishes, and traditional multi course sit-down meal vs. buffet.

Have fun & enjoy the resort-it's gorgeous!!:goodvibes

For those of you that have been to both, which one would you choose if you could only choose one? Is Jiko really worth the money?

Jiko is, without a doubt, one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The halibut is amazing. The filet, outstanding. The service -superb. Worth the $$? Absolutely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter