JETS70 Is back at the Fort for Halloween 🎃

JETS70

Teardrop camping at the Fort
Teresa and I are back at Fort Wilderness for Halloween after a 2 year hiatus. This Year my sister and brother in law are with us. I hope to just post a bunch of pictures and very little words. If anybody else is here and want to post to this thread, please feel free. I was a little surprised that an October / Halloween thread had not been started.

We took a couple of days driving down this year due to a foot issue with my BIL. Stayed our first night at Point South KOA at Yemassee SC. We then drove to Lake Louisa SP. Big thanks to @bama_ed for getting us on this place.

Site 2
Seems like a long time since we made this drive.
I just wanted to get this thread started. Will post more pics soon.

Steve

Monday was a Magic Kingdom day. The boat ride over was wonderful. Beautiful weather and mild temps.

Somewhat crowded as there was not a Boo Bash Monday night.

Teresa surprised me with a belated birthday gift. I'm ok with it being late :cool1:

We rode some of our favorites and saved some for a later visit.
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain

Jungle cruise

I'll post more a little later. Headed over to Giordano's for dinner.

Steve

Last edited:
Came back this evening from dinner and a cast member was delivering another notice. This time for weather. :oops:

Dinner at Giordano's was excellent as always and we always have leftovers.

Today was Animal Kingdom. The wait times were minimal with the longest being Avatar and Navi River at 60 minutes. Kilimanjaro Safari was a walk on as they were only loading passengers from 1 dock.

If you look close, you can see the king of the jungle.

Expedition Everest from the back row. Nice little whip around back there.616688
That's 10.....on to the next post......

Phone battery going dead. Post more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Did you do Genie+ or buy the express lane for SM?

j
Hey Jim. I was really surprised at how many people were doing the Genie+ and Lightning Lane. The wait times were minimal. I'm talking 10 to 15 minutes. If I had spent $15 for both Teresa and I Today with the wait times we had, I would have been mad. There is also this part of me that refuses to pay for something that we have used for years as a part of our ticket package. JMO

Steve

Teresa picked up a Fort Wilderness Christmas ornament today at the Meadows Trading Post. It is a rather large and heavy ornament so it will probably find a place next to my hiking Mickey ornament on our TV cabinet.

Check out the spare tire cover.....

Steve

Today's weather was not as bad as anticipated. We did change our park reservation to Friday. We did some looping this evening. There are still several sites open but I am sure they will start to fill tomorrow. The Haunted House site is set up for this year but looks to be a walk by as compared to a walk through as in years past.
We are in site 406 and my sister and BIL are in 408.

We have a new light this year. My mom put the wreath together for our MK Mickey lamp post.

Here are a few sites from this evening.

Its a little hard to see but this was neat and nostalgic. It is a ghost conductor from the Fort Wilderness Railroad. As you go by, it tells the story of the FWRR.

On to the next post.......

Steve

Here are more sites from this evening.

A little Universal Studios at the Fort.......

I thought this was a nice touch to the Jurassic Park display. Notice the Barbasol. Almost makes you want to try and open it.

This appears to be the famous walk through haunted house / Haunted Mansion. A little tough to see but between each singing bust are tents with scenes from the HM.

Even with several empty sites throughout the Fort, the grassy area (overflow) by the hitch and un-hitch area is starting to fill with vehicles and trailers.

Finally, as we looped around the cabins, we saw this. We originally thought that maybe Fort Wilderness did this bit if you look close at the bottom of the FW logo, you can see the name of the creator. Very impressive. It is an animated video of what looks like dueling ghosts with a finale of FW logos.

Steve

Can you use any more candy? We’re coming over by the special bus on Sunday and have so much we had bought to give out.

I hope they have some ornaments left at the trading post!

Teresa and I are back at Fort Wilderness for Halloween after a 2 year hiatus. This Year my sister and brother in law are with us. I hope to just post a bunch of pictures and very little words. If anybody else is here and want to post to this thread, please feel free. I was a little surprised that an October / Halloween thread had not been started.

welcome back Steve. We are here also. Site 728. Busy decorating now waiting on the grandkids to arrive late today.

Can you use any more candy? We’re coming over by the special bus on Sunday and have so much we had bought to give out.

I hope they have some ornaments left at the trading post!
I appreciate your offer. I think we will be good on candy.
Teresa said that on Thursday morning they had several. Hope you can snag one. We first checked on Monday and they were out. The cast member told us to check back on Wednesday and Saturday.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter