JetBlue online check-in error - need to worry?

LittleStinkerbelle

DIS Veteran
Was so excited to get our check-in email from JetBlue this morning but once we got to the step after picking how many bags we're checking we got this error message:

We are not able to complete your check-in. Please see a JetBlue crewmember at the airport Full-Service counter.

We tried several more times, cleared cookies, tried Firefox, still got the message. DH called JB and they weren't able to help, said maybe it's a security issue and just go to the counter tomorrow.

Anyone ever have this happen? How did it all work out in the end? The flight looks pretty full so I'd feel better if we were checked in.

I'm also worried about the return - if RAC can't check us in that means we have to store our bags and then transport them ourselves, doesn't it?:scared:

Don't be too concerned. It happens sometimes; could be for a variety of reasons. You'll just have to wait to finish check-in at the airport. This has nothing to do with your return check-in unless some one in your party has the same name as some one on the No Fly list; then you can expect this to happen on every flight.

Don't be too concerned. It happens sometimes; could be for a variety of reasons. You'll just have to wait to finish check-in at the airport. This has nothing to do with your return check-in unless some one in your party has the same name as some one on the No Fly list; then you can expect this to happen on every flight.

:scared::scared::scared: I hope it's not a no-fly list name issue. Yikes, that would be a hassle. I don't recall this ever happening to us before. DH and I flew JB in October with no problems although it's been a while since we've flown JB with DD. Hope she's not messing it up:rotfl2::rotfl:.

It has happened to us a couple of times. It is a random thing that happens. A small portion of people who do online check in have to complete it at the counter. No one in my family is on the no fly list, so don't worry about it.

The first time it happened I called my airline and they confirmed I was checked in but simply had to show ID at the counter to complete the check in......

Duds

It has happened to us a couple of times. It is a random thing that happens. A small portion of people who do online check in have to complete it at the counter. No one in my family is on the no fly list, so don't worry about it.

The first time it happened I called my airline and they confirmed I was checked in but simply had to show ID at the counter to complete the check in......

Duds

Thanks Duds, that makes me feel better! Hoping everything is easy peasy tomorrow!:goodvibes

Same thing happened to my husband...tried online, didn't work; went to the airport, tried the self checkin, but it didn't work...needed to get in line for a representative, no problem, checked-in immediately with no explanation...

Same thing happened to my husband...tried online, didn't work; went to the airport, tried the self checkin, but it didn't work...needed to get in line for a representative, no problem, checked-in immediately with no explanation...

Thanks for that info. The phone rep said the kiosk might not work so hearing your dh's experience too we'll go straight to the regular line.

:scared::scared::scared: I hope it's not a no-fly list name issue. Yikes, that would be a hassle. I don't recall this ever happening to us before. DH and I flew JB in October with no problems although it's been a while since we've flown JB with DD. Hope she's not messing it up:rotfl2::rotfl:.

If you have all flown since after 9-11, then it's not a no-fly list problem. You just were randomly selected to show id to check in. Don't worry about it; just allow a little extra time at the airport.

This Is what exactly happened to our daughter about 5 years ago. She was 13. We got her off the watch list after an application to the TsSA. Took 6 months. I recommend making sure the person in question have a frequent flyer number and havthat ff profile filled out with as much ino as possible.

Not true. You can put on the watch list after flying since 9/11. An addition can catch oths that have flown previously.

It happened to use for years because our 10yo ended up on the watch list, and I think it was after 9/11 too. If the problem is your dd then just get there early and you shouldn't have a problem once they see her. They just looked at him and okayed us. If you have confirmed flights, you should be ok. We were given a redress number from TSA after a few years, but it was a hassle.

Thanks all! Everything ended up working out - we checked in with the agent at the airport with no problem. On the way home, the hotel was able to check us in and our boarding passes were on our door the morning we left. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter