Jet blue credit card

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, when I was booking jet blue flight-I had to do it on the phone since we had multiple credits. I paid with my cc, didn't pay for my bags, since the rep said if I get the Jet blue cc the bags are free. So i was approved for the jet blue card-(the jet blue rep transffered me after booking my flight to the mastercard dept) do I have to call jet blue when I get the card to pay (but there is no fee since I have the card). The rep was very nice, but I felt like I was on the phone for ever, and hung up and didn't verify this-thanks. Did that make sense? lol! Thanks!

I'm a little confused. Are you talking about bags for this booking or a future booking? Typically with airline-branded cards, the system recognizes when you pay for the reservation with that card that a bag fee won't apply.

I think I'm confusing myself, lol! I did an on line chat with JB and got it figured out-when the JB card is activated, JB will link it to my JB account, the rep said it will automatically recognize I get free bags and they will be credited. Thanks! The rep just recommended calling JB to confirm they were credited prior to our trip-thanks!

I believe you also need to make sure you go into your True Blue account and link the card to your account so you can get those earned points into you TB account.

Jet Blue only gives free checked bags with Jet Blue plus cards not regular JB cards.

true, I have the J.B. elite MasterCard that does cover your bags. OP, This will show on your confirmation sheets. Mine always shows 1 bag next to all our family on the sheet. If you got the regular Jetblue card that had NO annual fee, then you do not get free luggage. I’ve had my card about 5 years now. When I log into my trueblue account it acknowledges my linked credit card status.

thanks everyone, we got the Jet Blue Plus card-worth it for the fee, with the free bags-then I was looking, I think the rep said it comes with 60,000 bonus points, if you spend $1000, then have it paid in 3 months. We were never ones to use CC for points for travel, but might look into this more-might be worth it.

thanks everyone, we got the Jet Blue Plus card-worth it for the fee, with the free bags-then I was looking, I think the rep said it comes with 60,000 bonus points, if you spend $1000, then have it paid in 3 months. We were never ones to use CC for points for travel, but might look into this more-might be worth it.

I agree. I don't usually pay for a cc, but this one was worth it. Plus you get 5000 bonus points once a year when you pay your $99 yearly fee.

This was a really smart move, as the 60k points offer is a historically high sign up bonus for that card. I've had mine for over a year or a so and the AF really does pay for itself even if all you do is just check bags. There's an anniversary bonus as PP said but also you get 10% of your points refunded upon redeeming them. Particularly if you take advantage of TrueBlue's family pooling, it's very easy to rack up points.

This card is also a World Elite Mastercard so you get a lot of other little perks with it such as free ShopRunner (think of it as Amazon Prime but for a wide range of retailers) and a $10 Lyft credit after 5 rides per month, which for Disney purposes also works on Minnie Vans.

You may want to join us over on the i love credit cards thread on the budget board if learning about points is something you're interested in.

Thank you! I have to say, Jet Blue reps were really great to speak to. As far as the free bags, she did say to show the cc at the airport, and we won't be charged for the bags-is that what you do? I guess going forward we would use the cc to book the flights, but this flight was booked with a different card, then we received the Jet Blue card.

Thank you! I have to say, Jet Blue reps were really great to speak to. As far as the free bags, she did say to show the cc at the airport, and we won't be charged for the bags-is that what you do? I guess going forward we would use the cc to book the flights, but this flight was booked with a different card, then we received the Jet Blue card.

I have been told on a few occasions by JB reps the same thing about showing my card to get the free bags. One time I booked with the card and it showed I had free bags when I purchased. Something happened (can't remember) but we have made a change and the free bags no longer showed but the JB rep said that she could see we had free bags on their end and if there was an issue to show the card at the airport. I didn't have an issue so I never had to show it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter