Jenner/ESPYs

As someone said earlier, he's an attention-***** and he's not worthy of any award, but Disney is playing into it like the rest of so-called media, playing him up as some kind of hero/role model, which may have been true in the past but holds little weight now.

I have to hang my head in shame and admit that I watch the Kardashian show. Believe me, I look down at myself for watching it LOL I got hooked when a channel showed a marathon over the Christmas break and I needed something mindless to watch for a few days. Anyway....Bruce went along with the show but it was Kris driving the train. I don't think he initiated it at all and he, at times, sure didn't seem like he liked being there. I'm not defending him because he could have chosen to not be on the show (maybe, maybe not) but I just don't think he's the attention ***** everyone makes him out to be. At least he wasn't.
But why would she chose not to be a part of it? A program that would earn her a ton of money? I wouldn't say no and I believe neither would most others, not if they're honest! I don't understand either why people refer to it as "whoring". I watch it, I don't set my clock to see it but if it's on I enjoy watching. It's just a bit of fluff, who cares? Regarding the award, perhaps the girl that's been mentioned is more deserving or current but don't try to take away Caitlin's sporting accomplishments just because she's transgender. Of course she's brave. In this messed up society? She's very brave, and yes I feel heroic.

Anyone who carelessly takes a life deserves no honor. I could careless if they are democrat or republican if they deprive a person of life I an illegal act they deserve jail not an award

But why would she chose not to be a part of it? A program that would earn her a ton of money? I wouldn't say no and I believe neither would most others, not if they're honest! I don't understand either why people refer to it as "whoring". I watch it, I don't set my clock to see it but if it's on I enjoy watching. It's just a bit of fluff, who cares? Regarding the award, perhaps the girl that's been mentioned is more deserving or current but don't try to take away Caitlin's sporting accomplishments just because she's transgender. Of course she's brave. In this messed up society? She's very brave, and yes I feel heroic.

You can feel she's brave and heroic. That's fine. Others can feel she's not. That should be fine too.
I don't think her Olympic accomplishments from over 30 years ago really matter in regards to that award.
I think a big problem is a lot of people have negative feelings about her because of the Kardashian machine. I do. She's been in the public eye for many years on that show. People form opinions. You can't turn around and tell them they have to change their opinion or they are intolerant, bigoted...etc.
We don't all have to like Caitlyn Jenner simply because she's transgender.

Not really weighing in on the argument, but no need to say He/She. Just say She. She has been asked to be addressed as a woman.

Not really weighing in on the argument, but no need to say He/She. Just say She. She has been asked to be addressed as a woman.

I think most (not all, but most) who have used "he" did so in reference to the time in Jenner's life when she identified, at least publically, as male. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that, and that notion was confirmed by someond who is transgender and spoke at a meeting I attended on the subject.

I think most (not all, but most) who have used "he" did so in reference to the time in Jenner's life when she identified, at least publically, as male. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that, and that notion was confirmed by someond who is transgender and spoke at a meeting I attended on the subject.

I can respect and was not addressing the instances you are referencing. I was referring to the others that were not. That meeting sounds interesting. I would be interested to hear someone speak on the subject.

I think most (not all, but most) who have used "he" did so in reference to the time in Jenner's life when she identified, at least publicly, as male. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that, and that notion was confirmed by someone who is transgender and spoke at a meeting I attended on the subject.
Exactly. She was not nominated based on her athletic accomplishments. She arrived very recently.
It is linguistically complicated.

Exactly. She was not nominated based on her athletic accomplishments. She arrived very recently.
It is linguistically complicated.

Technically she is the same person she has always been. She is new to you, but based on the interview, she said that this was who she has always been inside. For decades she hid this person and the fighting of the transgender feeling and ashame actually fueled the athletism.

Oh boy, I've been sucked into the conversation. I'm trying to keep it happy on the Dis Boards.

We don't all have to like Caitlyn Jenner simply because she's transgender.

I think that that is important. It seems that sometimes, when there is something "controversial" there is the implied (or explicitly stated) thought that those who do not like that person do not like them because of the "controversial" issue. I know that there are people who criticize Caitlyn just because she is transgendered (in general, not specifically around this award), but there are many others who didn't like Bruch (for whatever reason) and now don't like Caitlyn (for the same reason). They should be allowed to say so without being told that they are bigots.

Technically she is the same person she has always been. She is new to you, but based on the interview, she said that this was who she has always been inside. For decades she hid this person and the fighting of the transgender feeling and ashame actually fueled the athletism.

Oh boy, I've been sucked into the conversation. I'm trying to keep it happy on the Dis Boards.
Your thoughts are welcome and helpful. You are keeping it happy. :goodvibes

Your thoughts are welcome and helpful. You are keeping it happy. :goodvibes

Thank you! I come from a super conservative family were I usually keep my mouth shut at dinner parties... Out of respect of not clearing the dinner table early. It's nice to be able to have a respectful debate without blood shed! Hahaha

I think she deserves it. Do you really comprehend how sports franchises/athletes/fans deal with people who are any thing except heterosexual?

They either play don't ask don't tell or the are harassed, ostracized, and basically driven out of their sport.

Even now it's all about disrespecting his ability, cause I'm pretty sure no one on this board can go out a win an Olympic decathlon, it's all about his gender and his current placement on TV.

So yeah I think it takes a lot of courage for an athlete, a MALE OLYMPIC athlete to come out embrace their difference and encourage others to be themselves and for the rest of the world to accept them.

I say good for her.

Been a long time since she was an athlete.

What does becoming a transgender person have to do with sports accomplishments anyway? I mean if they wanted to give him and award for his sports accomplishments wouldn't it have been long before this?

What does getting killed by a mentally ill young man, battling cancer, or going to prison for a crime you didn't commit have to do with sports accomplishments, either?

I don't like the fact that Jenner's accident is being brushed aside, but the Arthur Ashe Courage Award is rarely about sports accomplishments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter