*Jeni and Carl's PJ and TR-SBP/CG/Wishes Cruise 8/17/09-UPDATE 8/09 - Discovery Cove*

I just found your PJ. Your plans look so great! Can't wait for more updates :banana:

I just found your PJ. Your plans look so great! Can't wait for more updates :banana:

Thank you :lovestruc

It really is time for an update!

Well, we now have our meals booked for the wedding day, the day before the wedding, and our first park day. All our couples meals will be in our third week so still have a few days before we can start booking those. So far we have:

Character breakfast - Princess at Akershus
Pre-wedding day dinner - Boma
Wedding Day dinner - California Grill

Meals to book are Artist Point (have already had this purchased from honeymoon registry by my grandad), Jiko, Fifties Prime Time Cafe, Citricos.

Luckily we're not too fussed about Fantasmic this year so aren't in any kind of scrum situation trying to book the dinner package!

We also have a Wishes fireworks cruise booked for the wedding night, boarding at 9pm at The Contemporary. This is for me, DF, my brother and SIL (who are Best Man and Maid of Honour), plus two friends.

I have my hair and make-up trial at home this Saturday and will be trying my dress and shoes on afterwards to get an idea of the full effect. I'm also trying to decide for certain whether I'm going to go for a tiara or not.

Invitations have gone out for our UK reception, and we're starting to get responses for those, which is exciting.

The things we still have to organise are spa-based for me, SIL and mum. Does anyone know how far in advance you can book spa treatments?

Phew, can't believe I left it so long to update again!

Whoops, went too long without an update again, and now here I am just over four weeks away from the wedding!!

Well, I had my hair and make up trial, then went home and tried on my dress. In these pictures it is too big round the bust, so forgive the gaping bits!

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

Since then I have found a new bridal shop to do the alterations (my original store closed), and I have my final fitting on Thursday.

We booked all our other ADRs, and I have booked the Sweetheart meal at Jiko as a surprise for Carl on our final night of the honeymoon. It is expensive but hopefully it will be a lovely end to the honeymoon. Plus, I'm always reading that the way to guarantee you have special things happen is to pay for them!

We've also been to see our co-ordinator at the hotel where we are holding our at home reception, and got confirmation on lots of details from her. Then we sorted out the balloons we are having at the reception for decoartion, and I found out they can do a balloon artistry bouquet for me, recreating my bouquet from Florida, and it should last about ten years. They showed me some examples and they were incredible! We are also having two four and a half foot tall walking characters - Minnie and Mickey, so that should help to keep the kids entertained!

I think that's everything for now - we are picking up the two bridesmaids outfits soon, so will post pictures of those asap.

So I thought I would post photos of our inspiration for our "sweet shop" - we are having this instead of favours at our UK reception. We are printing labels that say "A gift from the wedding of Jeni and Carl" and then my mum is cutting tags from orange on her Cricut. We will then attach these to paper bags and guests can help themselves to pick and mix sweets! We are also having a set of square cupcakes with letters iced on the top which spell out the message "For our guests."

untitled-1.jpg

sweets_collage.jpg

picture_29_mo8f.jpg

amyatlas_candytable.jpg

What do you think? We have got a whole selection of different jars from IKEA, and are going to get a couple of acrylic martini glasses and ice cream dishes in the end of summer sales.

Ooooh, your hair and make up looks amazing!! :)

And I love the sweet shop idea!!! :)

Ooooh, your hair and make up looks amazing!! :)

And I love the sweet shop idea!!! :)

Thank you Torsie - we originally saw the Sweet Shop idea in Confetti (it was in their last brochure) and figured we could do it cheaper ourselves!

OK, I've got two lots of photos to post today, seeing as it is only two and a half weeks until the wedding now!

These are the pictures of me at my final dress fitting (some of you probably saw them on the other thread I put up in the main forum):

DSC01987.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

Obviously you need to imagine the hair and make-up this time!

Ans here are the pictures of my niece trying on her dress. She wasn't feeling well and wanted to leave her trousers on, so that is what you can see underneath :love: She started dancing in front of the mirror when she put it on, though, and told us all she was a princess!

Millie4.jpg

Millie3.jpg

In this next one you can see my nephew in the background, and shortly after the photo he pushed her off the podium :hug:

Millie2.jpg

Millie1.jpg

I hope you like them! My mum also has one of my SIL in her outift but it hasn't been uploaded yet. We have photos of her at all the fittings but she was never smiling so didn't want to embarrass her by posting them, lol!

Wow - we're now less than two weeks away from our wedding!

I was just thinking about getting my breakfast (boring cereal!) and then had a text message from my mum pointing out that next Wednesday we will be at Akershus having breakfast with the princesses :cloud9:

We also started packing on Sunday, but I'm waiting until Sunday to pack my wedding dress at my mum's. I'm putting it into the biggest sized hand luggage case I could find, along with my shoes, veil, and other bits for me for the wedding.

Then Monday I faxed our final signed BEO and payment details across to Tanis, and yesterday our currency order came - it is all starting to feel very real now!

your niece and nephew look so adorable!

where did you get your currency from? I have found a website called Travelmoneyservices and you can order in advance and get a better rate?

How was the exchange rate for when paying for the wedding? I hope it was good for you!

your niece and nephew look so adorable!

Thank you!

where did you get your currency from? I have found a website called Travelmoneyservices and you can order in advance and get a better rate?

How was the exchange rate for when paying for the wedding? I hope it was good for you!

We used Travel Money Services - ordered and paid last August and got a rate of $1.89/pound - was very impressed with the service although I got nervous when lots of banks started going under in case something happened to them!

As for paying for the wedding, we opened a Citibank US dollar account last year when the rate started to drop, so we are paying from that. Just transferred another £2000 into it yesterday and the rate was 1.67 again, which is better than all the travel services. Having the account has been great for paying deposits by check, and we'll be paying the balance by check to all of the vendors. We also have a debit card with the account which we can use widely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!