January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

That's wonderful! Do you know if you were able to snag one of the few PSD offers at Pop?

I was able to get a room discount but it only saved me $97 for 8 nights. Hoping a PSD opens up and I can snag it. Checking often just in case!

Yes, it was PSD... Before it went live online, I checked the "Magic for the Family", and it was only $70 off of rack rate.

So I called and asked for PSD and it was $270 off Rack Rate.

They did try to upsell. When I asked for a quote at POP for PSD, they quoted me with DDP & Park Hopper.. So I could see how people who haven't done their homework might get sold on add-ons they don't necessarily want/need.

Hopefully some of you other guys can find some PSD at POP as well. Pool View was the only room available for the discount, and I called as soon as people said their computer system was up. (New Reservation).

And luckily was able to have it transferred to my AAA TA so I can use my AAA Vouchers towards the balance.

Yes, it was PSD... Before it went live online, I checked the "Magic for the Family", and it was only $70 off of rack rate.

So I called and asked for PSD and it was $270 off Rack Rate.

They did try to upsell. When I asked for a quote at POP for PSD, they quoted me with DDP & Park Hopper.. So I could see how people who haven't done their homework might get sold on add-ons they don't necessarily want/need.

Hopefully some of you other guys can find some PSD at POP as well. Pool View was the only room available for the discount, and I called as soon as people said their computer system was up. (New Reservation).

And luckily was able to have it transferred to my AAA TA so I can use my AAA Vouchers towards the balance.

Great news! I've only tried online. Maybe tonight I will hop on the phone and see if there is anything available. Not holding my breath as I have already refreshed 50+ times online in the past 24 hours but it's worth calling. Unfortunately I cannot call until the evenings. Hoping something opens up as someone releases or changes what they have booked.

I booked a preferred room at All Star Music this morning, rack rate.

So there are rooms available. They just aren’t making them available for discounts.

Wow one busy day and I missed out! I called last night after browsing online and by the time I had some idea which resorts had the deepest discounts they rooms were gone. The CM I faked with suggested trying back especially on Saturday when those complimentary 48 hr holds expire

I got 6 nights at the YC standard view club,after checking , checking and checking finally one opened up at about $515 a night for 2 adults

And one Saturday night at the GF for 5 adults, most basic room, as we have adult kids arriving and have a whirlwind day planned at MK before leaving for a cruise. Is $600 for 5 adults, March 3 Saturday night at the GF decent?

Wow one busy day and I missed out! I called last night after browsing online and by the time I had some idea which resorts had the deepest discounts they rooms were gone. The CM I faked with suggested trying back especially on Saturday when those complimentary 48 hr holds expire

I got 6 nights at the YC standard view club,after checking , checking and checking finally one opened up at about $515 a night for 2 adults

And one Saturday night at the GF for 5 adults, most basic room, as we have adult kids arriving and have a whirlwind day planned at MK before leaving for a cruise. Is $600 for 5 adults, March 3 Saturday night at the GF decent?

Have you checked Grand Floridian? They had REALLY good deals there, especially with the Disney Visa. It was cheaper than YC and every other deluxe resort with the Visa deal. There were still rooms this morning for my dates (late Jan-early Feb). Outer building, garden view.

I don't know about a 1 day stay at GF for 5 on a Saturday, but we are a family of 5 and the RO Visa rate was like $335 for our trip (which included one Saturday night).

Have you checked Grand Floridian? They had REALLY good deals there, especially with the Disney Visa. It was cheaper than YC and every other deluxe resort with the Visa deal. There were still rooms this morning for my dates (late Jan-early Feb). Outer building, garden view.

I don't know about a 1 day stay at GF for 5 on a Saturday, but we are a family of 5 and the RO Visa rate was like $335 for our trip (which included one Saturday night).

I can get club level outer bldg for 608/night. Which is more and for the most of the week I expect us to be at EPCOT twice and studios one day...

I appreciate the input!

Yes no rooms right now, I will keep checking back thank you for the price point; we are 5 Adults

Last edited:

I can get club level outer bldg for 608/night. Which is more and for the most of the week I expect us to be at EPCOT twice and studios one day...

I appreciate the input!

Yes no rooms right now, I will keep checking back thank you for the price point; we are 5 Adults

@ohMom

Same is happening for me for BC I'm finding rooms at Poly, CR and WL way cheaper then BC but everyone is saying that's not correct. I'm going in January.

Got 3 nights at BC and 3 nights at YC for $316 a night including tax. 25% off BC. 35% off YC. Moving from BC to YC should be fairly easy. Never did a split stay before. Will spend a lot of time at Epcot. Like to walk to both Studios and Epcot.

Called to ask abut modifying my res-----nights 2 and 6 of my stay have discounted availability. Was told I'd need to book new reservations, so that would mean 4 separate reservations for a 6 night stay! Not worth it--I'd be on hold for hours, and I really have no faith in their ability to handle it properly.

I called last night at 6:30 and it took 1 hour 20 mins to hold and complete the transaction. Had a prefer room at POR and I could only use the discount for pool or garden view. Chose the garden view and received $260 credit. Staying for 4 nights only.

Called to ask abut modifying my res-----nights 2 and 6 of my stay have discounted availability. Was told I'd need to book new reservations, so that would mean 4 separate reservations for a 6 night stay! Not worth it--I'd be on hold for hours, and I really have no faith in their ability to handle it properly.
Wow, That one makes no sense to me... I get if you're looking at StayPlayDine or a package discount why it won't work, but why can't they just apply the discount on the nights it's available and not on the other nights! Do they honestly expect somebody to go in and book that one night only on the discount, and if they did is it really a good thing for Disney to turn over a room in one day (it has to be costly, right?) Very frustrating for you I'm sure! Hopefully something better frees up if you keep checking back.

The Visa deal ended up being about $300 cheaper for me than PSD online for the same room at GF.

May I ask what kind of room you got at GF with the Visa? I wasn't able to get any there with it. I did get the new RO discount though at 25%.

I could not get any discount for Poly. Congrats to all those who did get a discount.

The challenge with split stays even at the same resort is that Disney may move you at any time that you start a new reservation.

Wow, That one makes no sense to me... I get if you're looking at StayPlayDine or a package discount why it won't work, but why can't they just apply the discount on the nights it's available and not on the other nights! Do they honestly expect somebody to go in and book that one night only on the discount, and if they did is it really a good thing for Disney to turn over a room in one day (it has to be costly, right?) Very frustrating for you I'm sure! Hopefully something better frees up if you keep checking back.

What the OP was told makes sense based on how Disney does their reservations currently. Disney reservations do not discount the nights that there is availability and then charge full price the nights that are full. Each discount needs to be a separate reservation if it bumps into a night that there is no discount available. It's just the way their system works.

Eg. I had an 8 night FD promo booked. I called to add a 9th night. Since there wasn't availability to book a complete 9 night stay I could not add a night to my current offer even though there was room at the resort. My only option was to book a completely separate room only reservation for the 1 night knowing that Disney could ask me to move rooms between the 2 reservations.

Not perfect but the way the Disney reservation system is currently designed. It would be nice if they changed it in the future but not something I've heard is in the works.

What the OP was told makes sense based on how Disney does their reservations currently. Disney reservations do not discount the nights that there is availability and then charge full price the nights that are full. Each discount needs to be a separate reservation if it bumps into a night that there is no discount available. It's just the way their system works.
Perhaps you misunderstood. I know that's how Disney's system works...and it makes no sense to me, lol! I'm not saying what they said doesn't make sense...the system doesn't make sense.

I'm doing pre and post cruise stays and could only get a discount on one of my six days. Really was not worth the effort ..I'll keep trying.. I want room only, don't need tickets.
I'm cruising during Presidents day weekend....which is probably why I couldn't get any discount for 2/16 or 2/17..
No go for 2/16 or 2/17, but I did change to Music for 2/25 to 2/28/18 standard accessible for an average rate after tax of $120.92 per night... Works for us.
Nothing available using the visa code, used the gift of magic room only offer.

Got 3 nights at BC and 3 nights at YC for $316 a night including tax. 25% off BC. 35% off YC. Moving from BC to YC should be fairly easy. Never did a split stay before. Will spend a lot of time at Epcot. Like to walk to both Studios and Epcot.
Great rate, what dates for your split stay?

I booked yesterday a room only at Pop with the gift of magic offer. I think it was $130/night (monday and tuesday of presidents weekend). So, I can't find any room only Visa offer - do I call Disney to try to get more off? I'm confused. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter