January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Used chat also. CM was very nice. They said they hoped to have it drop today at 7:00 AM, but system is backed up and so it's a wait and see.

Logistical question: if I already have a reservation, do I book a new reservation first and then cancel my old reservation?
Yes, that's what I would do. If you choose to book a completely new reservation and then go back and cancel the first one later. This way you have all your bases covered.

WHY are they doing enhancements the same morning a highly anticipated discount was released? :sad2:
The 'enhancements' would be trying to get the offer up, nothing more. If they're having problems loading the code for the new offer they'll be dealing with it.

Trust me, if this offer was supposed to drop overnight, Disney IT staff are stressing as much as we are! :) This is not what IT wants to happen on an offer drop day!

Typically, we wouldn't do a discount that includes dining, but I would be thrilled with a RO discount that includes an additional 10% for Disney VISA cardholders.

I have an existing reservation, but was thinking I might just try for an all-new one when the discounts finally come out. Then cancel the old one. Is that the best strategy? We are currently at the AS Music Family Suite. Not my favorite, but it suited our needs for this one with all five of us going. Would consider a deluxe like BC with enough of a discount. Crossing fingers
We loved BC with our family of 5. It was so worth it for us.

Thankful to see that my 'Change' option has come back!! Still hoping that when this drops I'll be able to add the new offer to my existing booking.

I really hope that there is a discount for WL. We had reservations there in Jan 2016, but moved to AKL because of the construction. Now we have a room booked at WL for 4 nights in January. We're tacking 4 nights at WL on after a Disney Cruise, so we really need a discount to try to get the cost of this vacation down.

Talked to my fourth CM this morning, lol. This one was helpful and read some of the terms of the Room Only Discount. She didn't give me percentage's but she mentioned that the only rooms excluded are the Little Mermaid (AoA) rooms, campsites, and all the Deluxe villas.

Sounds like the typical exclusions for the Room only discount.

I called and the cm I spoke with confirmed SPD. She said booking dates are 10/3 to 12/2. Arrival dates (stay dates?) are 1/1 - 3/10. Min stay 3 days.
Excluded:
AoA LM
All Star Movies
Campsites at FW
POFQ
Bay Lake Towers
Villas at ???? (My iPad auto corrected and I can’t tell what I meant to type?)
Bungalows at poly
Cabins at copper creek
Cabins at WL
3 bedroom villas

I have an existing reservation, but was thinking I might just try for an all-new one when the discounts finally come out. Then cancel the old one. Is that the best strategy? We are currently at the AS Music Family Suite. Not my favorite, but it suited our needs for this one with all five of us going. Would consider a deluxe like BC with enough of a discount. Crossing fingers

That is my plan. I have a reservation under "my experience" but plan to book online under DH "my experience" and then cancel mine. Is that okay? I "heard" that you can't have two reservation for the same time, BUT I really don't know. I can't keep up....

Gah have to leave and take the high schooler to early marching band practice. Will be back on when I get back in about 15. Good luck everybody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter