January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Joining in! Been lurking since last week but only just remembered all my login info :P Haven't been home since Jan '16 when normally we would make it down at least once a year so I am going through withdrawals! Hoping to swing either an end of February trip or first full week of March since we want to catch the Flower & Garden Festival for the first time. My husband and I have been saving up all our Disney visa rewards!

does anyone know, can I book a reservation for my daughter with my visa, and does the deposit need to be put on the visa?

I'm not sure about making a reservation under a different name using your visa, but I am sure that you do have to put the deposit on your Disney visa in order to get the discount.

Just called, CM said a RO offer for Disney Visa is going to be released today, but the system is undergoing "enhancements" and advised me to call back in 2 hours.

Ok, I have to go to work. I am sure reservation lines will open the minute I get there.....which means no calling until lunch time. Why couldn't they have done the site changes overnight so reservation lines were up and running at 7am!? lol! This is giving me anxiety. Such a nail biter... hahahahaa

I was not able to. She said to try back in an hour, although it still looks to be down. She was saying 30% for CSR.
That's a great discount! I just called in and she said call in an hour and a half. She said it looks like the discounts will be for non-Disney Visa as well!

I just looked at my husband's Starwood account and realized we had enough points in there to book 6 nights at the Dolphin. So worst case scenario, we split stay and stay the first 7 nights in the cabins, which our first choice for marathon week because I am running Dopey and dh is running Goofy. Daughter is running the half. We have two other kids as well, so we need the extra room so the runners can get to bed early and rise early without waking the non-runners. But I'm still hoping for a discount for our full trip. I hate having to move mid-trip.

Chat said try in 1 to 2 hours. But also said they didn't know what the deals were yet. The chat CM I had earlier this morning did see the deals, but I wasn't awake enough to ask for details on my desired resort LOL.

That's a great discount! I just called in and she said call in an hour and a half. She said it looks like the discounts will be for non-Disney Visa as well!

I thought so too. And it's making me very conflicted about wanting to upgrade to YC/BC (which she said would be a slightly higher discount).

Aw man I was hoping to get back to bed after the kids went to school after standing vigil at least some of the night. Come on, Disney!! I am tired of losing out on all the discounts every other trip I have taken recently.

I have an existing reservation, but was thinking I might just try for an all-new one when the discounts finally come out. Then cancel the old one. Is that the best strategy? We are currently at the AS Music Family Suite. Not my favorite, but it suited our needs for this one with all five of us going. Would consider a deluxe like BC with enough of a discount. Crossing fingers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter