January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I wonder if I applied and got approved for my Disney Visa card a week ago, and it still has not come in the mail will I still be able to view and purchase through the discount?
:magnify:
Did you get an account number? If so I believe you can use that to book.

I have a Disney/Chase Visa - as soon as I see notification of a discount on their site I'll share with you all.(provided someone doesn't beat me to it :))

At least this way those who don't have the Disney Visa will know that the discount is likely to opened to the general public a couple days later.

I wonder if I applied and got approved for my Disney Visa card a week ago, and it still has not come in the mail will I still be able to view and purchase through the discount?
:magnify:
I am curious about this too. I keep hoping every day I get home that the card will have arrived.

I am curious about this too. I keep hoping every day I get home that the card will have arrived.

We applied and were approved on Saturday 9/16 (or it might have been the day before, I don't remember) and got the cards on Thursday, 9/21 so yours should arrive any day now!

I have a Disney/Chase Visa - as soon as I see notification of a discount on their site I'll share with you all.(provided someone doesn't beat me to it :))

At least this way those who don't have the Disney Visa will know that the discount is likely to opened to the general public a couple days later.

Do you remember where on the Chase site that was? We did this last year, but I can't remember :sad2:

Do you remember where on the Chase site that was? We did this last year, but I can't remember :sad2:
It's pretty easy to find, you just click the "limited time offers" tab on the Chase Disney Rewards website. That's where they post any/all special offers we get (like when they had that awesome discount on POFQ).

It's kind of amusing but my husband and I were told by two different CM's to expect discounts and either mid October or the end of November !! Every time I call I'm afraid we're going to be told that the discount is not out when it really is

It's kind of amusing but my husband and I were told by two different CM's to expect discounts and either mid October or the end of November !! Every time I call I'm afraid we're going to be told that the discount is not out when it really is

LOL!! The exact reason why I check 'My Disney Experience' first...then here second! :) Sadly when it comes to release dates for upcoming offers I don't trust CMs as much as I do my fellow DISers! Fellow DISers have a vested interest in the discounts that are out!

LOL!! The exact reason why I check 'My Disney Experience' first...then here second! :) Sadly when it comes to release dates for upcoming offers I don't trust CMs as much as I do my fellow DISers! Fellow DISers have a vested interest in the discounts that are out!

I had a CM tell me this SUMMER that any and all discounts for Feb 2018 were already out at that time. o_O I agree...always check the boards for sure!

So the current offer (20% off select resorts etc..) ends 7 Oct. So thinking what ever come out for Jan, Feb, Mar will be after 7 Oct. Just a thought.

So the current offer (20% off select resorts etc..) ends 7 Oct. So thinking what ever come out for Jan, Feb, Mar will be after 7 Oct. Just a thought.

We think it could be earlier as historically over the past number of years (see page 7 of this thread), the Room Only; Stay, Play and Dine offers have come out earlier than Oct 7.

They might be later this year but we're hoping not! :)

We think it could be earlier as historically over the past number of years (see page 7 of this thread), the Room Only; Stay, Play and Dine offers have come out earlier than Oct 7.

They might be later this year but we're hoping not! :)
An Oct 7th public release could be a good theory looking at the release dates from '13, '14, '15.

Posting this again since we continue to gain additional traffic here with the heightened anticipation:
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2017-calculation-thread.3550783/

Trying to diminish the anxiety.

I don't believe there has ever been a case where the general public offer and the Disney Visa cardholder offer has come out on the same day, has there? If not, those of us without a Disney Visa can take a deep breath and wait for the details for those with cards to come out.

Are the Disney Visa offers advertised on the Disney site? If not, then we really won't see anything updated on the Disney website until the Visa offer is up and being offered for at least 2 days.

Those of you with a Disney Visa (wishing it was offered to International visitors) can continue to keep a close eye out while the rest can possibly sleep a bit better and save ourselves time checking/calling as I really don't think we'll see anything for at least a few days yet since nothing is available for Visa peeps.
A couple of years ago, Disney released the offer to the general public at the same time they released to Disney Visa card holders. There were many comments on the disboards about it. I believe that was the year I woke up at 3:30 and saw it on the Disney site and booked. Went back to bed and slept a few hours. Never know what Disney is going to do!

Wow! I hope not. When i call they all say "very soon"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter