January 26, 2002 Magic Cruisers!!!!!!!!!

funetics

Earning My Ears
I had posted in another thread about starting a thread for us, and no one else did, so I thought I would.
Anyone going on the Jan 26 7 day Magic please post here so we know who's going!!!

We are 3, Me, My DH, and our DD3 (Actually it's for her 3rd birthday)
We're coming from Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Nicole

:cool:
We will be there also.

Me, DH and our DD's 4 and 8.

We will be coming from Philadelphia.

God Willing, we will be there also!!!

Myself (40), DH (45), and our 2 youngest children...DD (8) and DS (5). Our two oldest sons (19 & 18) will be reamainig at home this time.

I am very excited about this vacation. It will be in celebration of our 20th anniversary. The great price reduction we got really added to the excitement.

We will be traveling from the New York area. We had made flight arrangements on our own, but those flights were cancelled. We still have to work that part out. We would like to leave Friday and stay at the airport or the port the night before.

I would also like to make a beverage stop...I love my Diet Coke and my husband is a big non-alcholic beer drinker. They were both hard to come by on our last cruise. I even drink Diet Coke with breakfast and you couldn't get it at the buffet.

We are staying in room #6556. This will be our first time with a verandah.

Looking forward to planning with all the rest of the 1/26 cruisers!!

Kathy

Small world indeed....two more Calgarians :D

We had been booked for the 4 -day but this past week DCL lowered their 7 day to only $185 more than the 4 day so we put down our deposit! Good thing too, yesterday they raised it over $400 US!

Yahoo :p

We will also be cruising on Jan. 26. It will be myself 36, DH 35, DS 8, DD 7, and DS 23 months. We are coming dwn earlier in the week and staying at the Radisson. My son is interested in NASA, so we will be going to the Kennedy Space Center Friday before the cruise. We will be in room 8042. Can't wait.

Patty

P.S. Jody from WI - would you please e-mail. I lost your e-mail address!!

Can't Wait!!!!!! Me(40), DH(42), DS(12) & DD(3.5). We will be cominging into Orlando from the frigid Northeast(upstate NY) on Fri 1/25 and staying at the Radisson. My email is ahall@twcny.rr.com.

Us tooo...Me, my Dad and DS 13, DS 9....We are staying at CBR first for 4 days then off to the Magic..This will be our first cruise but 3rd time in WDW....we are sooooo excited and in need of a vacation...we should all plan to meet when on the ship....

DH (45) and myself (45) also getting ready for January 26th. Just upgraded from cat 6 to cat 4 and still saved $500. Also looking forward to those $99 vouchers for next fall. See ya there!!

Timon--that's great to see more calgarians! Are you collecting Disney Pins? and get them at Chinook?? Just wondering as we are and you're picture looks a little familiar.

Alihall-- I hope our DD can get together and play as they will be very close in age.

We are flying in the day before--using Disney Air, so we'll be staying at the Hyatt. We're in room 7121 on the ship.

Talking about frigid? Have you ever seen Calgary in the winter if there is no chinook??

I agree we should plan a meeting on board, I think it would be great to know everyone we converse with here on the boards.

Count me in too! I'll be traveling the long trek from sunny Orlando....

Along with me are my DH (34) and DS (who although only 18 months at the time will be on his THIRD Disney cruise!)

We will also be on the Magic January 26th. We are myself, DH and DD who is 5 years old. We are traveling from Clearwater FL so we only have about a 2 1/2 hour drive. This is our 2nd cruise. We were on the Magic in June of this year. Our DD had such a great time in the kids club that we had to go again and the January specials were too good to pass up!!! We will be on deck 6. Hope to see everyone on board!!!!:) :) :)

funetics: No, I"m not a pin collector, but half my house has Disney stuff all over it :rolleyes: You might have seem me lingering in the Chinook Disney Store :p

Dis Meet sounds good to us! It will be our first! We keep wearing our lime green ribbons to WDW but haven't seen any others :(

From all the trip reports I have read, it seems like right after the boat drill is a good time for DIS meets...for the sail away party. Decks 9 or 10??

Any thoughts?

There's also two other DISers who haven't replied yet to this post that I thought were going as well...where are you jbusch and mickeyschickie???

That would make it 12 DISers and families!

The time sounds great for a get together. I have seen a lot of people talk about "LIME GREEN" ribbons, shirts, etc...... could someone please explain????:(
We are so looking forward to this cruise it's unbelieveable, of course my husband is sure that I have jumped off the deep end with the amount of time I spend on this board. :D :D
Timon are you doing Disney Air?? Have you ever done Disney air?Just wondering the carrier from here in Calgary? Any inside info would be great.
My DD is so excited to go on the "Mickey Boat" as she calls it. She has all the ports of call down, although sometimes castaway cay is hard to say. She is really excited that there will be other kids to play with at the clubs and is really looking forward to playing in the kids clubs.
Nicole

We are going as well. Just confirmed with our travel agent yesterday. My wife and I and Connor (16 month old) are staying in a category 6 cabin with verandah. We are so excited! We are from Louisville, Kentucky as well. Hope to see some of you guys on the cruise.

funetics:
We booked this time with Aeroplan miles. We are flying Air Canada to Chicago then United to Orlando and United back to Calgary through Denver.

I would have a hard time booking with Disney Air because every time I have checked it is way more expensive than if I booked on my own. Last year we paid $650/ticket on American Airlines and the year before it was $600/ticket with Northwest (for our friends).

Unless you got a really good deal or you can't change it, I would look into prices for airlines. Especially now, you might get a good deal.
I would check:
-Air Canada
-Air Transat
-Continental
-United Airlines
-Northwest

I believe they all go to MCO with only one stop. Cheapest prices I have found are at Discount Travel Warehouse on Macleod Tr near Chinook.
Good Luck!

The lime green ribbons/t-shirts etc is the unofficial colour of the DIS. People wear ribbons to show that they are part of the DIS hoping to meet other DISers. We have worn them for two trips unsuccessfully:(

Okay, unofficially, there are 14 DISers on this cruise + families..should make for a good DIS Meet don't ya think????:p

Okay so, how about it? After the boat drill on Deck 9 or 10? Not sure which deck would be better for a meet??? Any experience with this???

One other note: Perhaps we can post a pic of ourselves so we can recognize each other?? It would make it easier!

Hubby and I will be wearing our Guest of Honor Badges (Rob & Cass)

CassnRobInnoventions.jpg

This is our cruise date too. My best friend and I are celebrating our 30th birthdays with a cruise. 30!!! :eek: I can't believe it!!!! Will life ever be fun again?? Anyway, this is a first for both of us. Can someone give me some tips on the boarding times and how to coordinate all of that?? Will we need to fly in the night before? We will be flying in from Minnesota, so wear your sunglasses when you see us!!!!! We don't get to see the sun much this time of year. ;)

We will be there too! With such great rates, I'm trying to convince the rest of the family to join us . As of now, it's just me (29) and DH(30). Hope to see you all there!

Shannon :D

We will be there too! Me(39) DW(38) DD(4). While others are going south and some others east, we will be driving north from South Florida. We'll be staying in Deck 7. Looking forward to make great friends.

Hi guys! Just an update to push us to the top again....Hee Hee.....We're staying in room 6614 w/verandah!:pinkbounc Looking for 12 yr old boys for our DS to email with? Maybe they can buddyup before cruise. Hoping DD-3.5 will like the club. - She just loves Minnie & Mickey and gets so excited when we watch the cruise video. We're so looking forward to Palos, Spa and just relaxing. I've got to stop eating:( soon. We'll be at the Radison the night before. I love this board - I'm so addicted!!!!

Alison

Timon,
I have checked all the airlines with a very reliable travel agent with very good prices and the lowest that I can get is within about $50 of Disney Air. I figured with the complimentary transfers and hotel we were just better off staying with Disney. Air Canada actually says the lowest price is over $3500 taxes in :eek:

Are there any past cruisers who have any idea whether deck 9 or 10 is better for a meet?? After the life boat drill sounds great!!!!!

Alihall--my DD (3) thinks the video is something to watch at least 6 times a day. My husband believes I've brainwashed her too. (I love these boards and spend so much time on them that he knows I've been brainwashed.:D LOL.) Hopefully the girls can meet up in the club.

I like the idea of the pictures, if I can just figure out how to do it.????????? Help???????
Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter