January 24, 2004 Cruisers - Are you out there???

Cruising with friends and family on the 24th of January. Getting very excited about the trip. Leaving on the 21st of January and spending some time at magic Kingdom and Epcot. Then heading off on the cruise. Noticed that some of you are from PA. I live in Harrisbug, pretty close the some of you.

Great to have you onboard! Well, the ship must be great if you rebooked for so close a date!! As to what I'd like to see - I echo everbody else!! EVERYTHING!! Have there been any changes to staterooms? If you scroll through, you'll see we're all looking to do an informal meet one day on the ship - and several folks are at the Radisson the night before!

dancermom - Is your DD11 gonna be hangin' in the club? My DD11 will be celebrating her 12th birthday on board and will be so pleased that there is someone from the board!

Dan and Scott - What is the coffee like at the Cove? I am so looking forward to having a decent cup! Enquiring minds need to know!LOL:tongue: :wave2:

Anybody staying at the Hyatt besides Minybear and Me?

::yes::

Scratch
pirate:

Coffee, coffee, coffee. Did any mention coffee ::yes::? How is the coffee? Good tasting? Any gourmey or cappaccino coffee:tongue:?

Scratch I guess its just you and I at the Hyatt.:sunny: :wave2:

Ok guys here you go!

The changes done to the Magic were in public area-the staterooms were not touched, except for new mattresses and pillows (not sure about linens).

Diversions (replaces Off Beat) is very nice and quite spacious now. They serve a ton of Irish beers now and this is where all sports are shown now. It is a very nice space!

The Stack (replaces ESPN-new Teen area). This place is awesome-this space is so cool and if I were a teen I would live here. They also added internet access here.

Cove Cafe (replace Common Grounds)-this area looks much the same as before but now has 3 porthole windows that overlook the port side of the deck. Also the door has been relocated next to the pool and a side door has been added. As far as the coffee, my group did not like it, but they are just regular coffee drinks. They do have a nice insulated mug for $10 and you get your first cup free!

We love the ships and as someone mention we just got off the ship last week. We also actually sailed the first of September so we will have 3 cruises in less than 5 months! Got to love DVC!

See you soon.

Dan

Dan, if I'm reading this correctly, and forgive me 'cause I've only had one cup of coffee so far, that they are only serving specialty coffees? You cannot get a regular cup of coffee except for that "stuff" they call coffee, or try and pass off as coffee?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:confused:

Scratch
pirate:

DancerMom - My two DD's (6 & 10) would love to make new friends. We'll be staying at the Radission the night before also. Hope to see you there.

scratch42 and dbmagic - my dd's would love to meet some new friends. My 11 year old will definately be hanging out in the clubs. She loved being able to sign in and out last time we cruised (July 2002) It made her feel very grown up. I'll have to tell her to look for both of your DD's at the clubs. Maybe we can come up with a way for them to meet earlier in the day. What cabins are you in??? We are in 8080.

The lady/bartender said they only had the fancy european flavored coffee's. I got a vannilla which she watered down to make it more american. I am one who tends to like the "regular" coffee they serve on board. I find it to be mild/smooth tasting, but everytime I got it at dinner on this past cruise it was strong.
The Cove,Stack, Promenade Lounge, and Diversions really are positive changes to the Magic. The "dead spaces" a.k.a. Espn Skybox will be put to better use. Espn Lockeroom's vacated rooms are now the DVC sales offices. I wonder what they are going to do with the radio broadcasting rooms though??

Scott

More than likely my DD will have something "Grumpy" on!LOL

Scott - thanks, I can live with flavoured, strong coffee for a week but not that Nescafe Wannabecoffee!

It's too bad about ESPN but this way it may be used better.

Can hardly wait to see everything, even though it will be the first time on the MAGIC!

Is it January yet?

Scratch
pirate:

Will the teens get the chance to do boardcasts, maybe?

That would be such a cool activity for them, maybe a chance to find some new talent for the Disney media division.

What did they do in the past from the boadcast centre, was there events/show played over the public system?

Penny

My teenage boys loved the ESPN box on the Wonder...but did not like the smoke as a result they did not spend as much time there as they otherwise would have.

Which one has the sports now and did they allow smoking there?

We are in 7010.

As this is our DD's first cruise, I'm not sure how they'll take to the clubs. They are both very independant but, of course, may be a little weary about leaving Mom and Dad in a strange place. I'm sure that once they try the clubs and meet new friends that we won't see them until dinner.

When went on our first cruise my DD was 2 and was very upset she couldn't go to the club with her sister, on our last cruise she was 3 (almost 4) and couldn't wait to go to the clubs. I was hesitant because she had always been at home with a nanny, but I couldn't get her out. The programming is second to none, and the kids love it. On our last cruise, I was trying to get some time with them. My DD 11 is very excited about the connections I've made with families with girls her age. She feels like she already has built in friends on the ship. Since we are having snow flurries today, January can't come soon enough. By the way we are also at the Hyatt the night before. How does everyone usually get to the ship on cruise day????? And what time do you usually arrive???? We flew in the day of the cruise on our last two, so this will be our first time arriving the day before.

Dancermom,
A couple of us are at the Radisson and they have a shuttle to the port. We got a rental car so we can do what we want and we'll be dropping off family and luggage at the port and DH will return the car afterwards.

If anyone is at the Radisson, we're gonna be planning a Dismeet sometime that Friday around the pool. Please plan on joining us!!!

HEY EVERYONE!!!! I CANT WAIT! ONLY 94 DAYS.........ANYWAY, I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS A LITTLE 4-5 YEAR ONL SON OR DAUGHTER GOING. MY LITTLE GIRLprincess: IS ASKING WHAT ARE THE LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS NAMES THAT SHE WILL BE PLAYING WITH IN THE CLUB. ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT IS THE MICKEY BOAT FILLED WITH HER "FRIENDS"::MickeyMo

We have 6 children coming.....the 7 year old is Andrew and the 6 year old is Gretchen.....not sure if they will be in the same club with yours or not....

I do not want to wish my life away....but 94 days seems like forever.

Mariamard,
I have a DS4 (Adam) and a DS who will be 6 (Eric) . My youngest LOVES little girls!!! He and our neighbor girl, also 4, love to play doctor together! Think I'm gonna be in trouble when we hit those teenage years!
Can't wait to meet you!!

My DD(6) is Brienna. She's loves to play with anyone her age. We will be staying at the Radission and cannot wait to meet you all.

since there is only two of us travelling and I love the fact that they take care of the luggage, and I love going over the bridge and seeing the ship for the first time!

We fly into Orlando the friday before around 2:30 p.m. I am planning on renting a car for the day to go shopping at the Outlet Mall and of course DD11(Tanya), who will turn 12, who acts like 25, wants to go to Jiko's for dinner now!:rolleyes:

She is happy that there are alot of children going this time.

We could meet up for drinks later, 'cause Minybear and her DH will be arriving around 6:30 p.m.

Dancermom what time do you arrive on Friday?

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter