January 2022 Trip Planning

Ember

<font color=blue>I've also crazy glued myself to m
I know there’s a lot of information in the December thread, but with things changing fast I thought I’d start a January thread.

We are due to fly out 2nd January for two weeks and I’m crossing everything I can cross that they don’t do anything to stop or hinder travel. 🤞🤞

I have our 24 pre-departure tests booked, our return LFT’s ordered, and our PCR’s booked.

I am crossing everything too! We are due to fly out on 9th January and news of borders closing and potential lockdowns (not really sure what that would mean for travel) is making me very nervous.

Test wise, have the outbound and return pre-tests but haven't booked the day 2 return test yet. I'm hoping (as been suggested) that as Omicron becomes more dominant they will remove the requirement to self isolate while you are waiting for the return. If they do, I'll just get a standard PCR, if not I'll probably get one at the airport which gives the result the same day.

news of borders closing and potential lockdowns (not really sure what that would mean for travel) is making me very nervous.
With luck, if I can call it that, other countries will see the explosion of Omicron and as we did with the red list realise there is no point in barring mostly covid-free tourists.
Apparently France's ski industry is in meltdown (again), so there will be pressure on them.
USA ... sometimes marches to the beat of a different drummer :confused3

I know there’s a lot of information in the December thread, but with things changing fast I thought I’d start a January thread.

We are due to fly out 2nd January for two weeks and I’m crossing everything I can cross that they don’t do anything to stop or hinder travel. 🤞🤞

I have our 24 pre-departure tests booked, our return LFT’s ordered, and our PCR’s booked.
Can I ask what testing company you are using?

We are using Collinson for our pre-departure test (we’re doing it in person, but you can do video as well) and our return the the UK LFT that we will take with us. For the return PCR we’re using 15 Minute Covid Test which offers same day results and has location in our apartment complex so we’ll test the day we return.

If this is correct, it doesn't look like good news for Jan. Tier 2 rules would mean no foreign travel.

If tier 2 rules hold: Legally-permitted reasons for foreign travel currently include work, volunteering, education, medical needs, and to attend weddings or funerals.

We are going to a wedding! Absolutely no idea how to prove that, though… 🤷‍♀️ Would the invitation be enough?

If tier 2 rules hold: Legally-permitted reasons for foreign travel currently include work, volunteering, education, medical needs, and to attend weddings or funerals.

We are going to a wedding! Absolutely no idea how to prove that, though… 🤷‍♀️ Would the invitation be enough?

It may well not be exactly the same restrictions - if any. Hopefully it won't come to pass.

Ordered my pre departure test, Expresstest drive through at Gatwick, and pre return and 2 day pcr from Collinson this morning. then this afternoons news....thinking to myself "typical".

Was going to do a day at Universal to try out Velocicoaster, but with Mummy and Jurassic river ride closed, and the feeling of heightened risk of unknown taxi, plus the one day cost. Resort day might be a better choice, recharge the batteries and chillax. Means more money for art festival stuff ;)

One month to go wooohoo.

Apparently from tomorrow (24 Dec) Universal will require masks on in all indoor areas and on rides from queue entry to leaving the ride.
That will presumably apply through January and likely longer.

Apparently from tomorrow (24 Dec) Universal will require masks on in all indoor areas and on rides from queue entry to leaving the ride.
That will presumably apply through January and likely longer.

This makes sense and brings them in line with Disney, which is good.

Just an update from us:

We arrived yesterday! We got to Heathrow four hours early just in case of overly long lines, but it wasn’t an issue. We had our vaccines and negative LFT visually checked, and dropped off our bags.

The flight left on time with no issues, and we cleared customs in Orlando with no issues in less than 30 minutes. No other Covid checks on arriving.

With Magical Express now done, we took an Uber which cost around $40.

Last edited:
Seems a bit excessive for me to start a new thread for a February trip. But we're due back in Orlando on 01 February following our December trip, desperately getting through those DVC points and flight credits before they expire and make use of the APs!

I'll drop anything I find useful in here, but it seems like we're all on top of things and pretty much experts by this point :). The only big difference for us this time is a new DVC resort to experience (Saratoga Springs) and the lack of MDE, we had Tiffany Town Cars recommended so going to give that a go, although, the poster above (Ember) has now got me considering Uber because $40 seems a pretty good deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter