January 2015....Let the planning begin!

Joining in :) We just booked our flight and put down our room deposit. Going Jan 10-17th! Sooo excited. We are staying at POP and hoping for a discount to come out. We have gone in August the past few years and always had free dining.

I just booked a cruise for Feb 1st 2015 and was planning to go down on Friday Jan 30, spend the 31st at Animal Kingdom. But when I go on Disney's site it won't go past the end of December to show reservations or prices, does anyone know when they'll post January? This is our first trip and I want to make sure everything goes really really well lol

They won't release the 2015 WDW prices until about July.

Also..here is the link to our WDW January 2015 Facebook group if you want to join!!!!

Thanks! July seems very far away lol, but gives me a little more time to save and plan :)

I did it, I booked! :banana:

We usually go every other year but we are squeezing in a super budget sweet 16 camping trip.

Excited to try camping, stay at the Fort and make my daughter wear a sweet 16 sash down Main street ;)

Thanks! July seems very far away lol, but gives me a little more time to save and plan :)

It does, doesn't it?! I'm hanging out to be able to book. In the meantime I'm keeping myself busy booking hotels and putting together my Disney Planner. It's helping to pass the time a little!

Hi-

We are trying to plan a trip for January 2015- which week do you all recommend for low crowds? :scratchin

Our past three trips have always been the last week of January. Crowds are low. Weather can be iffy but our last 2 trips we were able to swim atleast 2 days of the week. We have heard it can be down right cold (Like January of this year). We are planning on going the same time Jan 2015! You also get some unbelievable discounts too! It really is a great time to go
Hi-

We are trying to plan a trip for January 2015- which week do you all recommend for low crowds? :scratchin

Does anyone know when we can book for Jan?
I called to book my room only reservation. You should be able to book online when 2015 package prices are released sometime this summer.

Usually I would wait closer to a 180 date to book but I know campsites can be very popular.

Finally getting to take DS and DGS to WDW for the first time. I was able to get a room only booking at the French Quarter. Now I am counting the days until our vacation!

January is the Best Month to go to WDW!!!
Low Crowds and great weather.
Jan 20-28,2015 so excited. We last went in 2010 and then we decided to wait until the new Fantasyland was open in it's entirety!
It seems we are stuck on POR or POFQ, we love the area and ferry to DD. I think my poor DH thinks a value would be more kids, which is crazy as there are kids everywhere.
But if no great discounts come out we may be Valuing it!

Planning to eat at some places we haven't before, but the one i'm just having trouble with is MK, I've scoured the BOG reviews and I'm just afraid I'll work myself up and everything will be subpar there. Then i was thinking Crystal Palace Lunch. I'm torn I guess i'll just keep looking at reviews.

Anyone want to throw in a good BOG review? haha -
OH, I've requested to be added to the FB page! Thanks to whoever does that. :thumbsup2

Also, glad FastPass+ will have some time to geet the kinks worked out, as well as go thru the busy summer season. I think it'll work out fine for us! but i love reading all the drama :lmao: "it's my way"

I'm in! We love January! I'm running my first marathon during WDW Marathon Weekend in 2015. Can't wait to book, but will wait until online booking opens around July and then hope for good discounts! Seems like a long way away, but then again, I do need time to train, as I've only run a 1/2 marathon to date!

Jan 20-28,2015 so excited. We last went in 2010 and then we decided to wait until the new Fantasyland was open in it's entirety!
It seems we are stuck on POR or POFQ, we love the area and ferry to DD. I think my poor DH thinks a value would be more kids, which is crazy as there are kids everywhere.

Planning to eat at some places we haven't before, but the one i'm just having trouble with is MK, I've scoured the BOG reviews and I'm just afraid I'll work myself up and everything will be subpar there. Then i was thinking Crystal Palace Lunch. I'm torn I guess i'll just keep looking at reviews.

OH, I've requested to be added to the FB page! Thanks to whoever does that. :thumbsup2

Also, glad FastPass+ will have some time to geet the kinks worked out, as well as go thru the busy summer season. I think it'll work out fine for us! but i love reading all the drama :lmao: "it's my way"

I'll chime in about BOG. Like you said, the hype.....it makes it more than it really is unless you're a hard core B&B movie fan (which I am not). While it was fun, the food really wasn't as good as I expected for dinner. My steak was under cooked and the grey stuff tasted like puffy air to me LOL. I doubt we will ever use another dining credit on BOG again.

FP+ was amazing when we were there last Sept. I can't wait to go again after they have all the kinks worked out as you said. It's so great to use it for the character meets. We really didn't need it for anything else but it's still fun. Makes you feel like a VIP LOL

I'll chime in about BOG. Like you said, the hype.....it makes it more than it really is unless you're a hard core B&B movie fan (which I am not). While it was fun, the food really wasn't as good as I expected for dinner. My steak was under cooked and the grey stuff tasted like puffy air to me LOL. I doubt we will ever use another dining credit on BOG again.

FP+ was amazing when we were there last Sept. I can't wait to go again after they have all the kinks worked out as you said. It's so great to use it for the character meets. We really didn't need it for anything else but it's still fun. Makes you feel like a VIP LOL

Thanks! it's along the lines of what i was thinking it may be. I get it, it must be hard to get that many people in and out all day but it's a hunk of money I could spend elsewhere :)
I'm already hoping maybe they'd let us sneak in at the end of the night to see the rooms but, i'm not holding my breath!

"Puffy Air" that's Awesome! :rotfl2:

Yes, i think we'll see some changes to FP+ and people will be happier, somewhat.

Going to do O'hana Dinner, we've done breakfast before.
And going to do Biergarten at Epcot again, it was great for lunch.
I am thinking Mama Melrose for HS, but am ok with SciFi as we liked it there before.

My family and I ate at BOG for lunch in October. I wasn't expecting much, since the menu is limited and we aren't adventurous eaters. My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised. One of the best meals we had on our 9 day Disney stay. He even wanted to go back again and that's saying a lot! It's not the typical quick service dining fare, which is why I think it ranked so high. It was nice to get away from burgers and chicken fingers for a meal.

My family and I ate at BOG for lunch in October. I wasn't expecting much, since the menu is limited and we aren't adventurous eaters. My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised. One of the best meals we had on our 9 day Disney stay. He even wanted to go back again and that's saying a lot! It's not the typical quick service dining fare, which is why I think it ranked so high. It was nice to get away from burgers and chicken fingers for a meal.

ooo, thanks for the review, maybe lunch is the way to go!
1. more laid back
2. get to pick where you sit & look around
3. less money
4. you can get a FP+ time for it that doesn't count toward your 3 FP+

All good reasons to give it a go! :jumping1:

Thinking of planning a trip for Jan, maybe the 2nd weekend, not sure yet. I know this will be marathon weekend, has anyone been during marathon weekend? How are the crowds? And how's the weather during the first couple weeks? is it really that cold? For me, cold means below 40.

We are heading down the last week of January! My first trip taking my Grandkids so we are excited! We want to stay at Poly but are nervous about the construction. I want their first time to be wonderful!! :) Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter