January 2014 Rental Car Deal Watch

If you have AAA there was a significant drop in prices yesterday. My car went from $245 to $223....

Anybody have a visa code for Alamo for January yet? That was a SWEET deal back in June!

looking also for a fabulous deal, last week of January. We're staying at the BC so I really don't need the rental, but if I can get under a $100, I'll do it. :thumbsup2

Any Costco deals out there? I got a card last June to get a great deal for our trip back then, hoping they come through again.

I just booked our vacation for January 22-29... hoping to get a good deal on a mid or full-size. Can't wait to hear what you all are finding! Thanks!

New to the rental game, but we would like something that would fit 6 people for 2-3 days the last week of January. (For heading to Kennedy Space Center and Universal). We will already be at FW so a pick up at WDW is preferred...

Last time we went we used Alamo (in June 2013) and used the VISA rental code and got a full sized for $119 for 7 days and 2 hours, LOL. The key is you MUST pay with a VISA card but it was worth it. I am posting the code now but keep in mind the prices aren't at their lowest yet. They have dropped about $200 since I started watching and I am sure they will drop more. In the meantime as I have said I have used my Thrifty AAA discount. Again you have to show the AAA card when renting. That info is all on the www.thrifty.com page.

Remember with Alamo, to sign up as an insider is free and you get one additional driver who lives at the same address as you, for free. You get a 10% discount as an insider and with the coupon code its more so here you go:

Coupon Code can be found here http://usa.visa.com/personal/discou...lamoRentACar_101_F13&offerId=38946&pageId=197

I had put it up, but every time I went to copy and past it didn't work so I figure I'd just put up the link instead!

Remember to keep watching the prices they are sure to drop even more. I have never paid more than $195 for a week of a rental car and I have been at all different times of the year.

Good Luck and happy hunting!

We need to rent a mini van for 15 nights in January from Sanford airport. What is a realistic rate than I should expect to see?

I have never rented a car before, so I am waiting for prices to go down, but I don't know what I am waiting for. If I see $600 should I book it as that is the best I can do..$400.. $200?

Any advice welcomed.

We need to rent a mini van for 15 nights in January from Sanford airport. What is a realistic rate than I should expect to see?

I have never rented a car before, so I am waiting for prices to go down, but I don't know what I am waiting for. If I see $600 should I book it as that is the best I can do..$400.. $200?

Any advice welcomed.

check out rental car mamma dot com they always have awesome codes. Sign up for the mailing lists for all the major companies. they will send you emails with upcoming specials.

Its way to early to book. Rates get cheaper the closer you get. I usually end up booking about 2 weeks out.

Hoping to find a good deal for an 8 day rental. It needs to be under $150.

I just think traveling with an infant will be much easier if we aren't waiting around for a bus.

Hoping to find a good deal for an 8 day rental. It needs to be under $150.

I just think traveling with an infant will be much easier if we aren't waiting around for a bus.

Right now with www.thrifty.com with my AAA discount my car is at $242 for a full size. This is the cheapest I have found with the rental companies that are at the airport. The prices will drop, just keep watching them. I am crazy, I admit it, but I check the prices almost every day....I have locked in the car with thrifty, for now. Of course I will probably book, cancel and re-book at a better prices about 10x before I go on Jan 11th.

Any advice welcomed.

You know as long as you don't do a pay it now rate you can book, cancel and rebook as many times as you want before you go. Last trip I am in no way joking I must have booked, cancelled and re-booked at least 25x. I find the bes fare I can, book and then watch it every day. When it goes down I cancel what I have and re-book at the new price. Its a game for me.

I'm totally no rental-car expert but I am quite pleased with the deal I got today.

• I went online and joined the free Hertz gold club, so I don't have to wait at the counter.

• Got a $30 off coupon on the Hertz site, which worked.

• Plus, because I have AAA, I got a 10 percent discount off the already good rate.

• Plus, because of the AAA, I get one free child seat. I have two kids that need them, but I'm only paying for the one seat. That's a savings of $63 right there.

Base rate = $249 for a full-sized car from Hertz for a week. And add $63 for two child seats, and my total cost is $312 for a full-size car (including all the taxes and fees).

PS: Also, I'm picking up at Orlando Airport but dropping off at Port Canaveral before our cruise. Usually that boosts the price quite a bit, but it didn't this time.

Unfortunately I don't think you got the best price if you pre-paid. If you didn't, keep looking. It will get cheaper.

Good. Keep watching and check out coupons that are posted. I got a full sized from Alamo last June for 8 days for $119

Right now with www.thrifty.com with my AAA discount my car is at $242 for a full size. This is the cheapest I have found with the rental companies that are at the airport.

Actually, since it's Hertz (no waiting at counter), I thought my rate of $249 --- with it being one-way rental and I'm getting a free car seat --- seems like a good starting point. . . .I mean, in comparison with the Thrifty deal you have?

PS: And THANK YOU SO MUCH for the tips and pointers! It's been very helpful. :-)

It's starting, both Hertz with AAA and Alamo with the VISA code have dropped since Saturday. Not where we want them to be, but it's a start.

It's starting, both Hertz with AAA and Alamo with the VISA code have dropped since Saturday. Not where we want them to be, but it's a start.

Could you tell me please where I get the Visa Code? Thank you so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter