JANUARY 2012 Check In! Let's Start Planning!

We had a super fabulous day in Disneyland today. Got into the park right around 8 am. We saw Minnie, Alice and several other characters, and walked right in to Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. The crowd picked up as the day went on, but we never waited more than 30 minutes to get on a ride. We had such a great day exploring the park, and I am so glad I got to see the holiday decorations. I am interested to see the differences tomorrow, and cannot wait to explore DCA also!

Sounds wonderful! I would love to hear about your experience today. It is incredible how it all just disappears overnight. :love:

I don't have access to Touring plans, was wondering if you'd share what the estimate is for Jan 16th, 18th, and 19th?

Thanks!

Touring plans have Jan 18-20 as 3,3,and a 5 (and I believe a 4 on the 21st?). Not bad at all! Let's hope that rings true with the NMAA convention in town starting on the 19th.

No DISers leaving tomorrow. Boy, the wait times today looks fabulous on Mousewait. Hope everyone is having a great time there! :thumbsup2

Sounds wonderful! I would love to hear about your experience today. It is incredible how it all just disappears overnight. :love:

Today was another magical day. We got to the parks at about 9:30. We had about a half hour to kill, and as we were waiting for my hubby to come back from the restroom, we actually found ourselves talking to a project manager of the Cars Land expansion. He told us that they seem to be on track for a June opening. We mentioned that we were really impressed with all of the details on the rides, and he told us a little about Pirates and Indiana Jones, and how they are separated by only a wall. It was really interesting!

After that, we all went into DL, but while the guys brought the kids to Space Mountain, my friend I ran over to DCA and grabbed FPs for WOC. We jumped on the Little Mermaid ride, and then headed back to DL to meet up with the hubbies and kids. We enjoyed half the day in DL. Crowds were great, no lines at all! We did wait about 30 minutes to meet the princesses, and we'll try to meet Rapunzel tomorrow.

After lunch (House of Blues), we went into DCA and enjoyed the almost walk-on rides again. Longest line was for Toy Story. World of Color was amazing, and I am so glad I got to see it!

Some interesting things today--the tree and some of the holiday decorations are still up, and IASW was still playing Christmas music. HM and the Matterhorn are closed down, and almost a block of Main Street is closed.

We are having such a great time! Even my DH, who has been a Disney hold out, is having a blast!!!

Thank you to everyone on these boards for all of your tips! They have been so helpful!!!

I looked at the 10 day forecast for next week and rain is expected on the 17th and 18th. Of course that could all change by tomorrow, but for those going next week ( like me :banana:) prepare to bring ponchos!! :goodvibes

party: Have a great trip Tiff172, brookelizabeth, and Yzerbear19! Our lucky Jan. DISers leaving tomorrow!party:

We're back!!!! Just finished a four day trip (two full days and two half days) celebrating my Little Monkey's 4th birhday. We had a blast!!! I'll be doing a countious TR since we'll being going 3-4 more times this year thanks to our AP's (1st ever!!!). Monkey got on everything he was tall enough for except the costers and Splash Mountain. At first he was a little iffy and after it was over he wanted to do it again. He went on Pirates 4 times, HMH once (he wanted to do it again, but we had somewhere to get to), and I can't count the number of times we went on Winnie the Pooh or IASWH. On Sorin' he sat with his feet on the chair because he was worried he'd loose his shoes:laughing:. He LOVED F! Truth be told, so did I. I like it better than WOC. Murphy was fully functional, the sound and pictures were very crisp. I noticed that most of the rides had thier soundtracks "crisper" than they were the last time we herd them. Winnie the Pooh, for instance, had boings and fart sounds I'd never heard before. We went on the Lilly Belle for the first time ever, very awesome!! Monkey loves trains and was very happy about it. I learned that the tickets for the car fetch a heafty price tag on Ebay and that Johnny Depp :-)lovestruc) is a frequent visitor on the car.

Next trip is scheduled for the first week of June, the day after my kids get out of school, going for 4 or 5 days.:cool1:

Glad you had a great time. I can not wait until we go. We are taking my cousins to disneyland for the first time ever. It was there Christmas present from us. I can not wait to see there faces.

I looked at the 10 day forecast for next week and rain is expected on the 17th and 18th. Of course that could all change by tomorrow, but for those going next week ( like me :banana:) prepare to bring ponchos!! :goodvibes

Which weather website did you check? Weather.com shows a 0% chance of rain January 15-19 for the 10-day forecast, but maybe the site you checked was more accurate. I'm as interested in this information as you are because I'm also leaving next week! :cool1:

SilentFeline, I checked the weather channel website early this morning..maybe it has since changed?:confused3 Weather reports are strange like that!! I am crossing my fingers that we miss the rain!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

SilentFeline, I checked the weather channel website early this morning..maybe it has since changed?:confused3 Weather reports are strange like that!! I am crossing my fingers that we miss the rain!!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Yes, weather can be tricky sometimes. I hope we miss the rain too. I'm all for lower crowds, but the park is supposed to be pretty empty the 17th-19th anyway, and I'd much rather enjoy the low crowds while staying dry! Let's keep our fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Updated the refurbishment lists on the front page.

Rain or shine, I can't wait for my trip! :thumbsup2

My seven year old daughter and I are flying in from Dallas on the 17th and heading to the parks by ourselves starting on the 18th. Hubby will be working in LA.

It will be her first trip to DLR ; I used to live in CA but it has been a while since I've been to DLR myself. She will be visiting the BBB and we'll have lunch at Ariel's. Other than that, we are going to enjoy riding rides, meeting characters and just having lots of fun!!

If any moms with kiddos around ages 5 - 8 would enjoy meeting up and riding rides together, please end me a PM.

We'd love meeting some new friends!

Getting excited for our drive down tomorrow. Been looking at the weather reports - 75 on Saturday but then 66 on SUnday. Can't believe there will be an almost 10 degree shift in temps - but I can't complain - it'll be nice and warm on Saturday. Gotta remember to pack our sunscreen & hats!

Yay, we start our drive down tomorrow afternoon!
Can't wait to get there, too bad we have 2 days of driving! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter