January 18, 2013, A Magical 8 day western

Hi all, I have a favor. I believe your cruise on january 18 is the first one with the new itinerary. I'm taking this cruise on may 10.

Was wondering if someone could let me know how the dining rotation works since Tuesday is open seating for disneyworld.

Also if anyone grabs some navigators that would be awesome!

Thank you! :)

Hi all, I have a favor. I believe your cruise on january 18 is the first one with the new itinerary. I'm taking this cruise on may 10.

Was wondering if someone could let me know how the dining rotation works since Tuesday is open seating for disneyworld.

My cousin and her family will be on there with you in May. Have fun, we'll try to leave her in good shape for you.

Definitely planning to save extras of all our Navigators to scan and upload for everyone!

Started doing more packing today, in between painting the living room so we could put our house back on the market when we are gone. DD was downstairs playing and all of a sudden the stinker came upstairs and was in the spare room. I go in to put more clothes in there and she's sitting there. She says "mommy, are you cleaning out your clothes that are too small too?" I said I am organizing. She says can I help? Haha. Nope. So we stopped and played. Will do the rest when she's in bed this week! Flying out Thursday! Can't wait!

Guess this is probably the last time we can pull the wool over her eyes right n front of her!

Started doing more packing today, in between painting the living room so we could put our house back on the market when we are gone. DD was downstairs playing and all of a sudden the stinker came upstairs and was in the spare room. I go in to put more clothes in there and she's sitting there. She says "mommy, are you cleaning out your clothes that are too small too?" I said I am organizing. She says can I help? Haha. Nope. So we stopped and played. Will do the rest when she's in bed this week! Flying out Thursday! Can't wait!

Guess this is probably the last time we can pull the wool over her eyes right n front of her!

As the kiddos get older it definitely gets tougher to surprise them. That was another of a myriad of reasons it was tough to get into the holiday spirit this year. Still, it's such fun while you can do it so savor every moment. You can pack later. Like I told my brother yesterday who was telling me why he has no option to travel earlier in the spring when prices are cheaper (his business apex for the year is during the spring), you gotta work when it's time to work and play when it's time to play. Sounds like your daughter was letting you know it was play time! :thumbsup2

Honestly, our boys who will be 16 & 17 next Christmas have gotten impossible to buy for at Christmas. At their ages my dad was handing me cash, having me shop, & wrap my own gifts. Think we'll either start spending our Christmas funds traveling and/or make deposits into their bank accounts. A friend of mine had a great idea this Christmas with her hubby. They have an infant. Instead of spending big bucks on each other for presents they each took exactly $100 each and had to get creative. I love that! Even now, I'd rather have something cheap/hand-made/thoughtful than expensive things. Maybe that's what we'll do next year along with a family escape somewhere cool. :cutie:

well, I'm a little behind :) but I just found this board. We're sailing with grandparents, us (mom and dad), daughters 18, 11 and sons 14, 7. I just requested to join facebook page hoping to last-minute cram any and all info we'll need to have a great time.

well, I'm a little behind :) but I just found this board. We're sailing with grandparents, us (mom and dad), daughters 18, 11 and sons 14, 7. I just requested to join facebook page hoping to last-minute cram any and all info we'll need to have a great time.

Welcome!! :goodvibes Hope your family has a great trip!!

Does anyone know if we are doing a meet at one of the hotels the night before the cruise? I know there are a lot of us staying between Hotel Galvez and Harbor House. If anyone knows of the time or place, of if there is not a meeting, I would appreciate it:thumbsup2

4 MORE SLEEEEEPS:banana::banana:

We could set up a tentative before lunch or after lunch time and place for all at-sea days. Our teenage boys are usually off doing their own thing so the hubby & I are virtually kid-less, too. Which is a very nice thing! :thumbsup2

I'm game for some tentative meet ups for sure. I have no experience with Disney cruises, so perhaps you, or someone who knows the ship, could come up with a few ideas?:confused3 Maybe we should see if more people are interested at our first meet on board as well. I do have to warn you, I will be skipping any meet ups after our Palo brunch and rolling right into bed for a long nap!!

Hubby and I both discussed several times "What if that was us???" Not to worry, tho. Even if the moisture is still in the air this Friday, the temps are supposed to be down so I don't see us getting the fog like that. Hang on, I need to knock on some wood, throw some salt over my shoulder, and do the good karma dance....

::yes::YES! Throw that salt and knock on wood! Even cross your legs, fingers, and eyes if that's what keeps the fog away. This is my mom's first cruise and I'm hoping that everything goes off without a hitch. Plus, I wouldn't want the fog to keep ME off that boat any longer either!:eek:

Does anyone know if we are doing a meet at one of the hotels the night before the cruise? I know there are a lot of us staying between Hotel Galvez and Harbor House. If anyone knows of the time or place, of if there is not a meeting, I would appreciate it:thumbsup2

4 MORE SLEEEEEPS:banana::banana:

If I recall correctly, a few of us here were discussing meeting at Harbor House, but I'm not sure if a time was ever finalized.:confused3

I am getting REALLY excited now that we are only 4 (almost three)days away! :yay: Anyone else feeling the excitement?!?
My first cruise was a Carnival cruise out of Galveston this past September and the Disney Magic was in port with us. I am so happy that I'll finally get to feel like I'm getting on the right ship! I even have pictures of me posing on the Carnival Triumph with the Magic in the background. Yep, I couldn't wait to take a DISNEY cruise!:thumbsup2

I'm game for some tentative meet ups for sure. I have no experience with Disney cruises, so perhaps you, or someone who knows the ship, could come up with a few ideas?:confused3 Maybe we should see if more people are interested at our first meet on board as well. I do have to warn you, I will be skipping any meet ups after our Palo brunch and rolling right into bed for a long nap!!

Just thought about it...I think I have a tentative standing meet spot in mind. Kinda hard because the ship isn't that overly large and it's quite possible that any of the open public spots (like by Preludes outside the Walt Disney Theater) would have character meets going on. Without knowing the activities for each day it's hard to think of a spot. Buuuuut, I think I have an idea!

::yes::YES! Throw that salt and knock on wood! Even cross your legs, fingers, and eyes if that's what keeps the fog away. This is my mom's first cruise and I'm hoping that everything goes off without a hitch. Plus, I wouldn't want the fog to keep ME off that boat any longer either!:eek:

Oh yes! Legs, fingers, eyeballs, etc. all crossed! We're going to have such fun! :cool1:

ATTENTION ALL CRUISERS!

Tentative standing meet-up!

Let's set up a standing meet time/place for all our at-sea days. Since everyone eats lunch anyways, why not just before lunchtime? That way if everyone chooses to, they can split into groups and maybe go to lunch at the different eateries together.

Time? How about 10:45-11:00?

Place? How about the "secret" deck on deck 7??? Why is it a secret? Because if you didn't know it was there you'd be unlikely to stumble upon it. I'll let ya in on the secret, tho. Go to deck 7 and walk aft. Go all the way to the very back of the ship walking past all the staterooms. Believe me, it's there. Go as far back as you can and you'll see a door that's not too obvious. Here's a link with a pic of the deck and the door:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34136040&postcount=3

If it's raining or frigid outside (shouldn't be but you never know) I'd say let's meet at the little sitting area that's right next to Guest Services on deck 3, midship.

Now, would someone be so kind as to post this info on the FB page, too?? That way everyone in the group has the chance to meet up.

And if anyone else has other suggestions that's fine! I'm all ears! Didn't want to be sailing away without someone making a semi-firm time/place to meet. If we want to change the time/place we can also do that at the embarkation meet, too. I'm open to whatever! :goodvibes

sweetpee_1993 said:
We're meeting up on embarkation day at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge. Hope you'll join us! :goodvibes

I hope we make it. The more cruises we take the lazier I think I get in regards to packing and online checkin. Just finished online check and embarkation time is 3-3:30pm. But hopefully it will be like it was at thanksgiving when we boarded prior to our time.

lovedisneysincewas10 said:
I hope we make it. The more cruises we take the lazier I think I get in regards to packing and online checkin. Just finished online check and embarkation time is 3-3:30pm. But hopefully it will be like it was at thanksgiving when we boarded prior to our time.

I think if you show up at the port earlier you won't find much wait. Would love to meet ya! Also, see above for standing at-sea day meets! ;)

Sparrow78 said:
I will post it over there for you :)

you should just come over to the dark side. hahaha

Thanks! I would love to FB but both times I've done it even with the most careful use of privacy settings I've had bad things happen to me. I dunno. 15 years of Internet use, 13 years with same email, and the only times I've had a virus destroy a laptop and/or got my email hacked was within a month of activating FB. When the writing on the wall is that clear for me I just gotta listen. LOL! I wish I could have the ease of casual FBing like others. Just not meant for me.

Just wanted to let everybody know that my daughter Noel ( 8 ) is a Girl Scout and the council we are in just started selling cookies today. Unfortunalty because I am making her go on a Disney cruise :rotfl2: she will be missing out on a week of cookie selling and two weekends of cookie booths. So in a compromise I told her we could bring as many boxes as we could carry onto the ship if anybody was interested in getting some to make it through 8 days at sea. Per somebodys suggestion on FB I will bring them to the meet-n-greet on Friday. They are $4/box and unfortunalty we will not be able to take your room card to charge the cookies to, we would need cash. If you already think you would want some feel free to PM so I can make sure Noel has the ones that you would like. Our council sells the following - Thin Mints (vegan), Lemonades, Thanks-a-lots(vegan), Shortbread, Carmel Delights, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, and new this year is Mango Creme (which is a citrus flavored sandwich cookie) and has no preservatives :)

Someone had mentioned to move the time for the harbor house meet back to allow time for dinner. Should we move it to 7?

We will be there with our 7 year old boy! Disney Cruises are the best! Hope to meet some other families to visit with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter