James' First Visit! A Sept 2010 PTR - We haven't been in 10 years!

ipodluvr287

DIS Veteran
Hey! My name is Christina an I have been deemed the official planner of my family's Sept 2010 WDW trip! Btw, I have also never done a PTR or TR, so be gentle on me. :lmao:

The reasons: My 8 yr old cousin James has never been, we haven't been on a vacation in awhile, this trip starts 2 days after my aunt and uncle's anniversary, and we haven't been to WDW since June of 2000. :)

The people: It will be me, my sister Natalie, my cousin James (who is 8), my aunt Denise, and my uncle Lance. :)

The dates: We will be there from Sept 18-25 on our school district's fall break! :)

The resort: We will be staying at All Star Music in a family suite.

The tickets: We have 6 day Park Hopper with Water Park fun and more option too! :)

Dining Plan: Regular Dining Plan (YES for Free Dining!)

The itinerary so far (this might change if park hours change :rolleyes: ):

18th - Arrival in late afternoon/early evening, check in, mini golf, pool, volleyball, and probably dinner at the food court at All Star Music.

19th - MK Day! EMH!

20th - Blizzard Beach and then back to MK for the parade (not sure if it will be SpectroMagic or MSEP)!

21st - Typhoon Lagoon and then Downtown Disney!

22nd - DAK Day! EMH!

23rd - DHS Day!

24th - Epcot Day! EMH!

25th - Leaving Day :sad1: We plan on going to DTD before we leave.

The dining reservations (these might possibly change too :rolleyes: ):

18th - none

19th - CRT @ 9:35 AM (already payed), Tony's Town Square @ 5:40 PM (1 TS credit)

20th - 1900 Park Fare @ 8:05 AM (1 TS credit), Kona Cafe @ 5:35 PM (1 TS credit)

21st - Crystal Palace @ 8:15 AM (paying oop)

22nd - none

23rd - Fantasmic! Dinner Package at Hollywood Brown Derby @ 3:55 PM (2 TS credits)

24th - Coral Reef @ 4:30 PM (1 TS credit)

25th - Chef Mickey's @ 8:10 AM (1 TS credit)

What do you guys think? I'm sooo excited! :)

Important Posts

About Me
About James
About Natalie
About Denise
About Lance
ADR Cancellation
Update! - Dining Plan!

Just got an email saying that our payment for Cinderella's Royal Table has been processed. This trip is becoming more real everyday! :)

Does anyone know when they release dates for MNSSHP? I really hope there is one on September 21st b/c that's when I planned for us to go and if we had to do it on a different day I might have to switch around the whole itinerary. :rolleyes: Will someone post? I fell so alone here. Haha :upsidedow

Don't know the dates but I'm here : )

Q, why no DDP?
Seems like that size party it would be a good idea. Just curious.

Looking forward to more : ) :surfweb:

Don't know the dates but I'm here : )

Q, why no DDP?
Seems like that size party it would be a good idea. Just curious.

Looking forward to more : ) :surfweb:

Well, me and my aunt calculated out the Dining plan vs. OOP and OOP came up $200 cheaper, so we decided not to go with it. :) Thanks, I now have 2 readers! :rotfl:

Here's a new post that actually matters! I'm going to tell a little bit about myself. Well, I'm currently 14 and I'll be 15 at the time of the trip b/c my birthday is in July. I am currently a freshman in high school, but at the time of the trip I'll be a sophomore! :woohoo: I am the Disney FREAK of the family. They think I'm crazy, but oh well. If it weren't for me, they would have to plan this whole trip for theirselves, and something tells me they might've had a bit of trouble with that. I like to sing, dance, and play volleyball. I am a performer, hence me loving to sing and dance. :) I am pretty much a straight A student, except for the occasional slip up. :rolleyes1 OOH! I forgot to mention I will be singing in the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT this Christmas. My high school Chrous is going on a Field Trip to WDW the week of Christmas. I think we'll be returning home on Dec. 24th. :) Here's a pic of me.

2u6p7yf.jpg

My cousin James is currently 8 yrs old, and he will be 9 when the trip rolls around. His birthday is later this month. He is currently in the 3rd grade and he will be in 4th at the time of the trip. He does so so in school. He loves to be outside and ride his 4 wheeler, play football, baseball, basketball, and sometimes I can get him to play volleyball with me. :) He is so excited for this trip b/c he has never been to WDW before. He's not a crazy Disney nut like me, but he does like to watch Disney movies. :) Here's a pic of him.

azdzs4.jpg

Natalie is 13 years old and is the only one who will be the same age at the time of our trip. She is in 7th grade currently, and she'll be in 8th at the time of the trip. She is also a straight A student. She also loves to sing, dance, and play volleyball. We share those qualities. :) She is acting like she's not all that excited to go to WDW and she didn't take part in much of the planning ADRs and such, but I know better. She's excited on the inside, but she doesn't want to show it. She certainly isn't a Disney nut and I think that's why she is hiding her excitement. :upsidedow When its time to go, I think she'll start showing a bit more of excitement. In May, her middle school chorus is taking a field trip to WDW and she will be singing in the Magic Music Days parade. :) Here's a pic of her.

2saaxhe.jpg

My aunt Denise is currently 44 and will be 45 by the time our trip comes around b/c her birthday is in June. She is a paralegal and travels around to different law firms across the country doing different kinds of trainings and she has even been to London, England on her job! :) She is the one that decided we would take this vacation and she has helped me plan a few things for it. :) Here is a pic of her with James.

2zef2uo.jpg

My uncle Lance is currently 42 and will be 43 by the time our trip comes around b/c his birthday is in July. He is a police officer. I love to hear his stories about all the dumb people that get arrested. :rolleyes1 He decided that if we're going to take this trip, since we don't go to Disney often, that we would do it up right. That's why we're going all out with dining and such. :) I don't have a pic of him because he's usually the one taking the pics.

Huh.....I know you calculated OOP would be cheaper, but it just seems really odd that you won't be on the DDP since you've planned for a TS on every day. Especially since not all your choices are buffets. Have you guys already chosen what you want to eat at the non-buffet restaurants?

Also, have you calculated the price of refreshments and snacks you'll be getting?

Wow, your school gets a fall break?? That's so lucky! I hope your cousin really enjoys himself. I'm along for the ride

Huh.....I know you calculated OOP would be cheaper, but it just seems really odd that you won't be on the DDP since you've planned for a TS on every day. Especially since not all your choices are buffets. Have you guys already chosen what you want to eat at the non-buffet restaurants?

Also, have you calculated the price of refreshments and snacks you'll be getting?

Wow, your school gets a fall break?? That's so lucky! I hope your cousin really enjoys himself. I'm along for the ride

Yeah. We went to allears.net and calculated everything and decided what we'd probably be eating. OOP came out $200 cheaper. Weird, I know. We did count snacks and drinks, but we plan on getting refillable mugs anyway. Yep, I love fall break. I think its because we start school in very early August :scared1: and they are supposed to give us a break every 6 weeks, so we end up with a break in september, novemeber, december/january, february, and april. :) It's nice. Thanks for following! I really hope my cousin has a great time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter