Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I was in a DVC studio in May. The mini fridge had a freezer shelf but not an actual freezer. It won't keep things as cold as a regular freezer and was not that big. I doubt you could fit something like a full size carton of ice cream in it. I only used it to store breakfast sandwiches and I had a hard time squeezing in every sandwich (I bought a pack of 8).
I have a special needs child who only eats microwave pancakes now for breakfast. This is a new thing since we were there in April 🤦🏼‍♀️ It was muffins before. Much easier. We are driving so I can go get some at Walmart but if I can’t keep them cold enough, need a backup plan.

I have shipped to myself several times. I put the name of the hotel and then "Hold for Guest Best Aunt"

No need for arrival date or reservation number.

If you are filling out a company's shipping form, there probably won't be space for the extra stuff.
Thank you!

I have a special needs child who only eats microwave pancakes now for breakfast. This is a new thing since we were there in April 🤦🏼‍♀️ It was muffins before. Much easier. We are driving so I can go get some at Walmart but if I can’t keep them cold enough, need a backup plan.
If it helps, we were able to fit 3 regular sized store-bought water bottles in ours and it would not freeze all 3, 2 would freeze but not the 3rd, but it was very cold. I wouldn't count on being able to put anything in there that must stay frozen.

If it helps, we were able to fit 3 regular sized store-bought water bottles in ours and it would not freeze all 3, 2 would freeze but not the 3rd, but it was very cold. I wouldn't count on being able to put anything in there that must stay frozen.
Thanks.

Foam mini cooler filled with ice from the machine down the hall?

I mean if you're going to Walmart anyway....

A company called bakerly makes shelf-stable pancakes. I don't know if Walmart sells them, but Publix and Amazon do. They're pretty good.

There's nothing worse than wandering around a resort when you just want to get into the room and put your stuff down! My first time at Saratoga Springs it was late at night, and it felt like we walked for hours looking for our room. I didn't know the resort was the size of a small town.
Exactly why I prefer checknin at the desk and a map handed to me!

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
August
8/23 - 8/30 kittercats85 - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL
September
9/3 - 9/10 igrsod - AKL
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
9/5 - 9/11 Gerweniel - Jambo
9/10 - 9/20 PixieT78 - AKL
9/14 - 9/17 titaniumfemme - Jambo
9/18 - 9/21 sipnride - AKL
October
10/2 - 10/5 DisneyInDel - Kidani
10/4 - 10/8 cmacdisneyqueen - Jambo
10/5 - 10/9 DisneyInDel - BWV

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
1/15 - 1/21 djshockley - Jambo
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL

Thanks. Our local Walmart shows them in stock so I’m going to run and grab a pack and see if she will eat them. 🤞🏻
I don't know how long you'll be at AKL, but I think even if you can't freeze the pancakes, they should be OK. I make pancakes at home on Saturdays and keep them in the fridge all week for breakfasts with no problem, just stick them in the toaster or microwave to heat.

We’ll be at Kidani from Oct 29 to Nov 2,

How do the buses do for MK rope drop? We’re going in on Oct 31. Read that they are doing 8a rope drops on party nights. (Though, park times only show it for Sept, not Oct so far). We’ll have cars, but the transportation hub wait can be bad as well. The bus drop by the park may be better. Wanted to see if anyone had experience?

I don't know how long you'll be at AKL, but I think even if you can't freeze the pancakes, they should be OK. I make pancakes at home on Saturdays and keep them in the fridge all week for breakfasts with no problem, just stick them in the toaster or microwave to heat.
We were just thinking that. Those freezers keep stuff colder than the fridge part so we are going to try that. We are there 10 days but we will just run back over halfway through. We usually run out of bottles water anyways 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter