Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

In what rooms? Regular or DVC? Regular is pod type. They provide them

DVC reservation (king studio)... regular coffee pot or keurig? K-cups or paper pods? We drink way too much coffee to keep running back and forth to Mara!

Does anyone have any comments on the following? My daughter's friend from abroad will be arriving very early in the morning (6 a.m.) at the airport. The 3 of us will not be arriving at the airport until 2:30 that afternoon. I will be forwarding him his Magical Express information, (and I understand that he will not be able to tag his luggage) but I wanted to know how to request "Early Check In, if Possible" if one of the arriving party is not one of the "main guests" - I'm not sure if we should send him his magic band, and if this will help or not. I understand check-in is at 3:00. Since he will be flying at night, I would love to be able to let him sleep for a while. I could pay for another night, so the room is there when he arrives, but don't really feel like paying another $230 (I bought one annual pass, so the rate is good.) . He said that "he sleeps well at airports" so he could sleep in the lobby at Jambo House - he's young - I just want to be a good host.

Advice? Thanks!

I believe anyone on the reservation can check in, not just the lead. If the room isn't ready that early (which it probably won't be) he could always lay by the pool and nap there! It's quite peaceful out there. If he's worried about his bags while he's sleeping, he could leave them with bell services.

DVC reservation (king studio)... regular coffee pot or keurig? K-cups or paper pods? We drink way too much coffee to keep running back and forth to Mara!

Not sure what you mean by a king studio? All DVC studios have a queen bed and pullout couch. You will get regular coffee pots with the filter type pods. You will only get a few when you check in and they won't be replenished until your trash and towel service day so be prepared. We bring our own coffee and filters.

If you are in a standard room, you can request a partial animal view. Did this in 2015. Giraffes outside every morning.

When do we do this? At the time of booking? Online Check-in? When we arrive? Thanks

Had anyone done either the cake or cookie decorating that is offered during the day? Is there a cost for this? Do you simply watch, or are you participating? Suitable for kids? And, most importantly, do you get to sample at the end? TIA!!! 9 days to go!!

Had anyone done either the cake or cookie decorating that is offered during the day? Is there a cost for this? Do you simply watch, or are you participating? Suitable for kids? And, most importantly, do you get to sample at the end? TIA!!! 9 days to go!!
We did the cake decorating last time, it's a small sponge cake. Everyone can participate and it's yours to enjoy. No cost. If your over at Kidani check out the turtles outside the Sanaa restaurant lobby windows where they do the decorating. We spent an afternoon dodging the rain with a glass of wine there and had no idea there were turtles until then.

We did the cake decorating last time, it's a small sponge cake. Everyone can participate and it's yours to enjoy. No cost. If your over at Kidani check out the turtles outside the Sanaa restaurant lobby windows where they do the decorating. We spent an afternoon dodging the rain with a glass of wine there and had no idea there were turtles until then.
Thanks!!!

Is there a way to request NOT to be given a king bed at AKL? We are contemplating a 2018 stay. Our son will be just shy of 3, but at 19 months, he is already borderline too big for a pack n play. By then, I plan to get inflatable toddler bed rails for travel and want him to have an actual bed to sleep in. I'm a little afraid that they may stick us in a king room since technically we would qualify.

Not sure what you mean by a king studio? All DVC studios have a queen bed and pullout couch. You will get regular coffee pots with the filter type pods. You will only get a few when you check in and they won't be replenished until your trash and towel service day so be prepared. We bring our own coffee and filters.
Agreed, to get a king bed in a DVC villa @ AKL/V you need to be in a 1 br. or larger villa.
The only exception to the limited housekeeping in a DVC villa is when you've rented the villa through Disney (eg: cash reservation through CRO) then you are supposed to get daily housekeeping & replenished linens, supplies, etc. just like any other room. I say supposed to because when we stayed in a 1 br. villa @ AKL which we reserved for cash through Disney (before we bought our points) our housekeeper failed to show on several days of our 10 night stay, so we'd have to call and remind them that we were a cash reservation and not a DVC stay, the only reason I bothered calling was that I really needed my a.m. coffee supplies! These days since we stay as owners I bring filters and coffee w/ me :)

Hi all! Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a standard view room in September of this year and have a question about standard view rooms. It looks like all the rooms on both sides of the Zebra Trail and Kudu Trail wings have savannah views. So the standard view rooms would be located only in the Giraffe or Ostrich trails. Is that right? I don't mind walking the length of either of the smaller halls with two little ones, but if standard rooms are that far out and require walking the entire length of the Zebra or Kudu trail wings, I might request to be close to the lobby. Also, is there much lobby noise or transportation noise in the rooms in the Giraffe and Ostrich Trail rooms? Thanks so much for the help!

Hi all! Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a standard view room in September of this year and have a question about standard view rooms. It looks like all the rooms on both sides of the Zebra Trail and Kudu Trail wings have savannah views. So the standard view rooms would be located only in the Giraffe or Ostrich trails. Is that right? I don't mind walking the length of either of the smaller halls with two little ones, but if standard rooms are that far out and require walking the entire length of the Zebra or Kudu trail wings, I might request to be close to the lobby. Also, is there much lobby noise or transportation noise in the rooms in the Giraffe and Ostrich Trail rooms? Thanks so much for the help!

Try touring plans room finder - you can actually use them to request a room even- there are many "partial views or feeding areas" that are considered standard view

Any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

You can do it then.

That's not an option during Online Check In.

Since all rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior, I would make your request well before that.
Thanks so much

Does anyone know how many king bed standard view rooms there are at AKL? As I am travelling on my own, I'd prefer the king bed rather than a room with 2 queens. TIA!

Does anyone know how many king bed standard view rooms there are at AKL? As I am travelling on my own, I'd prefer the king bed rather than a room with 2 queens. TIA!
Touring Plans room finder says 7 standard and 217 garden view. I believe their information is out of date as garden is no longer bookable.

Touring Plans room finder says 7 standard and 217 garden view. I believe their information is out of date as garden is no longer bookable.

Their information regarding what kinds of beds are in a room is also often wrong, unfortunately.

Several rooms on Kudu trail (facing Sunset savanna) and a few on Zebra trail (facing Uzima savanna) are classified as standard view because they have what is considered to be a less desirable savanna view - so if close to the lobby is important to you probably best to request that. Many rooms on Zebra trail are pool view - is that still a bookable view?

Several rooms on Kudu trail (facing Sunset savanna) and a few on Zebra trail (facing Uzima savanna) are classified as standard view because they have what is considered to be a less desirable savanna view - so if close to the lobby is important to you probably best to request that. Many rooms on Zebra trail are pool view - is that still a bookable view?

Pool view is bookable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter