Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Honestly AKL buses have the same issues that all resorts have, which is middle of the day availability--you can easily wait 30+ minutes for any bus between noon and 5 p.m.

That‘s very helpful. Thanks :flower3: I will be jet-lagged and most likely awake at 4 am :rolleyes1 I thought I might as well be at HS bright and early and try to hop on Rise.

Thanks :flower3:It’s nice to hear a positive feedback on AKL buses.
OT: That reminded me of my 4 year old niece ;)

I very rarely have issues with AKL buses. So long as you're not trying to catch a bus at peak times, we found them quite reliable overall.

I know this is subjective… but I will still ask.
We have AKL club level booked on the March 22 AP discount. They also still have regular savanna rooms available that will save us 1000$. Should we switch to regular or worth it to go club?

I very rarely have issues with AKL buses. So long as you're not trying to catch a bus at peak times, we found them quite reliable overall.

I agree. AKL always gets its own bus, and I never waited more than 20 minutes in the middle of the day.

This may sound crazy, but the last time we stayed in Kidani was like 2014. I vaguely remember a vehicle with a luggage container on top having difficulty with the parking garage. Has anyone driven down with an exterior luggage holder on top of their car? We have a GMC Acadia and I’m trying to make sure we don’t pack in a way that makes parking difficult when we get there. Thanks!

The posted clearance is 7' 6"

So what counts as savanna or partial savanna?

We book DVC at Jambo every trip there(context: only stayed at Kidani once, just prefer Jambo) and always book standard view and "1 bedroom" room size.

But we always see animals outside our balcony anyway. Its just small alcove areas and stuff usually, but we still get all the animals. We are also usually a fair distance from the lobby as well.

Some of the standard rooms were originally classified as savannah view, but got a lot of complaints to they were changed to standard view. They are the inside corners of the building:

I know this is subjective… but I will still ask.
We have AKL club level booked on the March 22 AP discount. They also still have regular savanna rooms available that will save us 1000$. Should we switch to regular or worth it to go club?
If you have a large group and you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort, club level will be good. You can take advantage of the food during the day.

People usually do Club Level as a bit of a splurge. Personally, I don't feel there's much real value for money. But hey, it's vacation so do what will make you happiest!

If you have a large group and you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort, club level will be good. You can take advantage of the food during the day.

People usually do Club Level as a bit of a splurge. Personally, I don't feel there's much real value for money. But hey, it's vacation so do what will make you happiest!
There are three of us. We normally take part in the breakfast every morning. We plan on spending way more time at resort if we do club obviously

There are three of us. We normally take part in the breakfast every morning. We plan on spending way more time at resort if we do club obviously

While I'm sure it's lovely to have access to the lounge and snacks and just the overall feeling of being 'pampered', for me, $1,000.00 sounds like a lot for what you're getting. We just finished a stay in a regular savannah view and found the breakfasts at Mara were really good (LOVED their sausages) and reasonably priced. As you said, totally subjective, but personally I'd save the money for other splurges. :)

While I'm sure it's lovely to have access to the lounge and snacks and just the overall feeling of being 'pampered', for me, $1,000.00 sounds like a lot for what you're getting. We just finished a stay in a regular savannah view and found the breakfasts at Mara were really good (LOVED their sausages) and reasonably priced. As you said, totally subjective, but personally I'd save the money for other splurges. :)
Thank you for feedback. That is a good point. I think I was more nervous about getting a bad room location . But we can always put in room request

We just stayed at CL in Jambo House 3 weeks ago. It was well staffed with terrific cast members and we enjoyed the food and drinks at breakfast, dinner and evening snacks. It was not much different from our stay 2 years ago except for the afternoon where there were only packaged light snacks. You could still get a drink by just asking though.
Thanks for this info. What are some things serving? Is it buffett?

Hello~
I wasn’t sure where to post this question but I’m hoping someone might be able to provide a little insight.

With all of the recent changes ( extended hours etc.) I’ve opted to add one more night to our trip. I’ve been searching for months but have been unable to secure an AKL Savanna View Studio for Feb 2022.

I’m starting to get a little nervous and am unsure if it’s likely to book another night. Is it realistic to hold out a little more hope? Or should I change my flight now before Im stuck at DW with no place to sleep?😆

Thoughts please.

Hello~
I wasn’t sure where to post this question but I’m hoping someone might be able to provide a little insight.

With all of the recent changes ( extended hours etc.) I’ve opted to add one more night to our trip. I’ve been searching for months but have been unable to secure an AKL Savanna View Studio for Feb 2022.

I’m starting to get a little nervous and am unsure if it’s likely to book another night. Is it realistic to hold out a little more hope? Or should I change my flight now before Im stuck at DW with no place to sleep?😆

Thoughts please.

Have you tried calling Disney directly, they may be able to help you.

Hello~

Thoughts please.

Are you trying to book a cash resie? I think the website doesn't like to book short stays. So if you're just looking for the one day, it might not appear. Have you tried looking for the whole length of the stay that you want, to see if it's available that way?

i agree with PP about trying to call.

I don't know if you are trying to book near Presidents' Day. A lot of school systems have a break then, so it could be a hard time to book.

@rangerxenos & @ Aunt

Thank you. I booked DVC Points so I didn’t think Disney would be able to assist. Just assumed I had to wait for a room to potentially become available?

@rangerxenos & @ Aunt

Thank you. I booked DVC Points so I didn’t think Disney would be able to assist. Just assumed I had to wait for a room to potentially become available?
Have you waitlisted the night you want? You should do that but continue to check the website regularly as you have been. And consider whether you might move to a different room for that one night - you can waitlist 2 rooms. PS ask your question on the DVC Resorts board too - there are owners who could probably estimate your chances better than I can.

@rangerxenos & @ Aunt

If you are want to book with DVC points, then the regular Disney phone line can't help you. As PP said, you can waitlist as well as stalk the DVC website. But three months is not far out in DVC time, since people start booking their home resort at 11 months out.

@rangerxenos & @ Aunt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter