Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Ok so here is something weird I observed. For the current closed resorts that will be reopening, trip advisor shows a note that the hotels will be reopening by a specific date. the date for those that have reopening dates is the day before the official Disney announced reopening. Trip advisor is currently showing a reopening date for Jambo House, see pic below.

BC.pngBW.pngWL.pngPoly.pngJambo.png

Ok so here is something weird I observed. For the current closed resorts that will be reopening, trip advisor shows a note that the hotels will be reopening by a specific date. the date for those that have reopening dates is the day before the official Disney announced reopening. Trip advisor is currently showing a reopening date for Jambo House, see pic below.

View attachment 576391View attachment 576392View attachment 576393View attachment 576394View attachment 576395
It says the villas though... Which have been open. Are the other dates accurate?

If that were accurate I'm sure Disney would be taking bookings. They've been taking bookings for Poly which isn't opening for a month later.

I seem to vaguely recall companies like that showing reopening dates which were completely inaccurate. Not saying that this will be inaccurate, but I personally don't trust it. (But thank you to PP for providing the information.)

I went to check out the dates Tripadvisor has for other closed resorts that don't yet have an official opening date, and All-Star Music & Sports both also say 6/30/21 while both Port Orleans resorts say 7/31/21. So the 6/30 date doesn't seem to just be a random placeholder for all resorts that don't have a re-opening date. Hmmmmmmmmm.

July 1 seems early but who knows. We'll be in Jambo DVC in December and would love to see the restaurants, bar, and gift shop open.

I went to check out the dates Tripadvisor has for other closed resorts that don't yet have an official opening date, and All-Star Music & Sports both also say 6/30/21 while both Port Orleans resorts say 7/31/21. So the 6/30 date doesn't seem to just be a random placeholder for all resorts that don't have a re-opening date. Hmmmmmmmmm.

July 1 seems early but who knows. We'll be in Jambo DVC in December and would love to see the restaurants, bar, and gift shop open.
Same for us, we have a Grand Villa at Jambo in December so I am hoping it is back open by then.

To throw a wrench in the speculation, Hotwire and Priceline have been actively listing closed resorts for booking in the past. You couldn’t actually book, but they were including them as if they were open in the searches.

Just booked a one night stay at Jambo for July 8 as a split stay before we head over to SSR. Hoping the store is open, so we don't have to Kidani if the kids needs something.

Just booked a one night stay at Jambo for July 8 as a split stay before we head over to SSR. Hoping the store is open, so we don't have to Kidani if the kids needs something.
July
7/8 - 7/8 Simon Malke - Jambo
7/11 - 7/19 preemiemama - AKV Jambo

Are either Jambo or Kidani roasting marshmallows these days? Checking in at Jambo in a couple weeks and willing to walk to Kidani with the family for marshmallows and memories….

I booked the Jambo House for 6/23-25. in the Kilamajro room. So am confused. Hopefully they will be open

Since the regular hotel rooms in Jambo House are not open yet, I assume you mean that you booked a DVC Kilimanjaro Club Level room (either a studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom). Those rooms are on the 6th Floor. The Kilimanjaro Club Level lounge is on that floor. It has not reopened yet.

I believe there are only 5 studios and 5 1-bedroom villas on that floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter