#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

Oh yeah, I forgot you run with Team Shenanigans, in the Half finish video I posted on the marathon thread, the announcer makes a huge shout out to Team Shenanigans as I guess some of them came through.

Way to be a Galactic Hero. I've only done it because I got stuck right by high point target, ha!

Oh yeah, I forgot you run with Team Shenanigans, in the Half finish video I posted on the marathon thread, the announcer makes a huge shout out to Team Shenanigans as I guess some of them came through.

Way to be a Galactic Hero. I've only done it because I got stuck right by high point target, ha!
John Pelky is our “official” team announcer so it was probably him.

Thanks!

Mouseketeering 13.1 miles

Third early morning in a row. This morning was warm enough I didn't need any extra layers really. I did the pre-race meet up with some Shenanigans again.

IMG_3160 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then went over to the Dis meet up. A bunch of us were dressed at Mouseketeers although not all of us were there for the photo. Also no pre-race shots today.

IMG_1771 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was off to the corrals. The walk is never the best because it is so long.

IMG_2529 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I was in F for the half and full which isn't great but not the worst. They moved the corrals a bit weird on this day. Once we moved forward we basically went all the way to the start and then we were off right away. There was no progressive movement forward like normal. It wasn't that big of a deal though.

IMG_2530 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2535 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And we were already at Mile 1!

IMG_2537 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

My main goal today was getting to MK while it was still dark.

IMG_2538 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Getting closer...

IMG_2540 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2541 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Queen of Hearts! Maleficent was also meeting right next to her but that line was crazy long.

IMG_3161 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 4!

IMG_2544 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 5 and just about inside Magic Kingdom...

IMG_2545 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2546 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Goal accomplished!

IMG_2547 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Met White Rabbit next

IMG_2640 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 6

IMG_2554 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Soon after this I met Gerald Reznick from RezRuns on course. He was very nice.

The Princess Float from Festival of Fantasy was out backstage but I skipped that one.

On to Cone Alley and Mile 7!

IMG_2555 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Donald and Daisy were meeting so I had to stop for them.

IMG_2612 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 8!

IMG_2557 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 9...

IMG_2558 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Only a 5K left!

IMG_2559 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I can see Epcot!

IMG_2560 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Nearly there!

IMG_2561 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Up characters were out next so I had to stop.

IMG_2613 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Guardians work...

IMG_2573 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2574 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

.1 left!

IMG_2575 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And done!

IMG_2577 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Dopey had no line so that's why I met him after the Half. I don't mind the half course but its probably my least favorite of the four. They made a change with Epcot this year that gave us such little time actually in the park.

In the parking lot I met up with some Disers after the race which is always fun.

RunDisney photos in the next post...

The half course would have been better if we had more time in Epcot - I don't know why they cut out so much Epcot time this year!

I've done Dopey twice - both times the day of the half was the toughest day for me, mentally and physically. I "just" did Goofy this year, and I enjoyed the half (and the full!) so much more!

The half course would have been better if we had more time in Epcot - I don't know why they cut out so much Epcot time this year!

I've done Dopey twice - both times the day of the half was the toughest day for me, mentally and physically. I "just" did Goofy this year, and I enjoyed the half (and the full!) so much more!
Yeah I wasn’t thrilled with the Epcot time this year.

I didn’t mind the half but it’s definitely my least favorite of the four right now.

Sorry they cut out a lot of the Epcot portion of the run, I'm sure that was a bit of a bummer for the returning runners.

Running through the MK while it was still dark out had to be cool.

It looks like there was a pretty good sized crowd near the finish line, that had to make for a really fun finish atmosphere.

Sorry they cut out a lot of the Epcot portion of the run, I'm sure that was a bit of a bummer for the returning runners.

Running through the MK while it was still dark out had to be cool.

It looks like there was a pretty good sized crowd near the finish line, that had to make for a really fun finish atmosphere.
Running through MK with the crowds and castle lights is awesome!

The finish always has a great crowd. The finish line choir always makes things great too.

The finish always has a great crowd. The finish line choir always makes things great too.

That's good to know. Disneyland Paris had a small crowd, but nothing compared to what it looked like in your photo. I'm sure part of it was because the finish was inside the Studios during park hours, but still. I hope Wine and Dine has that kind of finish, because that has to be a fun way to end a race.

That's good to know. Disneyland Paris had a small crowd, but nothing compared to what it looked like in your photo. I'm sure part of it was because the finish was inside the Studios during park hours, but still. I hope Wine and Dine has that kind of finish, because that has to be a fun way to end a race.
I don’t think there is a choir for wine and dine but they do have a good crowd at the end.

Why do you think we ran through so much of backstage Epcot? That was a bummer not being able to run in by spaceship earth and to the entrance to world showcase like we have before.

Why do you think we ran through so much of backstage Epcot? That was a bummer not being able to run in by spaceship earth and to the entrance to world showcase like we have before.
I’m not really sure why they changed that part.

Nice recap although it felt like it went by really quick! LOL

I love the UP characters, especially Carl and nice thinking to go ahead and get Dopey!

I can give you lessons if you want. HA!
The half was more of a blur. Some of it blends together with the full.

I think there is some smiling in the Full photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter