The Cast

Jackie - Chief planner of this trip and chief spender of the $$$$$

Brian - Supplier of the $$$$$, Driver and chief Bud light drinker

Molly - Age 8 - not so keen on the fast rides and loves Pokemon

Lewis - age 6 - cheeky Monkey and hates shopping

John (my dad) - tags on at the end and generally does as he is told

Toni (my mum) - loves Disney but found July a bit too hot

13th July

Up a bit later this morning as we were not going to a park and I thought we could hire a boat at Disney – we have done this before from DTD but decided we could hire one from the Grand Floridian and take a peek at the same time how the other half live!!

We arrived at The Grand Floridian around 11am and headed through the hotel having a look the pool and gardens which were beautiful.
IMG_4027.jpg

We headed to the marina and hired a pontoon boat which we could all go on. It was very hot so picked up some drinks to take with us. The kids had to wear lifejackets and the adults had to take with us but we did not need to wear them – which is just as well as I may have melted on the spot. My dad was to be captain ( he has worked on boats his whole life and no one was going to step on his toes today !!!!)

Off we set – there were a lot of boats out on the lake and the kids enjoyed waving at everyone whilst I soaked up the sun as we toured the lake and admired all the resorts.

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

We went round Discovery Island and spotted lots of birds toasting in the sun. All too soon it was time to come in again which was just as well and we were all a bit peckish.

IMG_4012.jpg

As we walked through the hotel we noticed The Grand Floridian Café was not busy so decided to try there for a change. We were seated quickly in a lovely cool setting and ordered our drinks which came quickly. Then everything ground to a halt – we waited and waited and eventually the food came 30 minutes later. I think the waiter was either having a bad day or not interested as his tip was an automatic 18% due to us being a party of 6. The food was ok . I had roast beef sandwich with home made crisps, DH had Angus Chuck Cheesburger, Molly had grilled Salmon and lewis had Pizza – I am sure my mum had Chicken and my dad had Fish of the Day which was good but not enough of!!! DH then had the chocolate fruit fondue which made everyone green with envy!!

After lunch we had a look about the hotel shops then we set off to Crossroads and Pirate Cove mini golf – The kids have great fun with this although there was a great deal of cheating going on. DS loves anything to do with pirates so was made up with a goodie bag he got when he completed the course.

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

We then headed off to DTD which was very busy again so didn’t stay long then it was ………… yes you guessed it home,swim,drink then bed and an early start as we were of to Epcot

Hiya

Been reading all your trip reports with great enjoyment - am always looking forward to the next one!

Sounds like you're having a great time - i wish I was there too!!

Keep 'em coming!!:cheer2:

KAtie

The boat sounds a great way to enjoy the morning away from the parks :)

lovely day on the boat, Ds cant wait to hire a mouse boat from the contempory resort :goodvibes

Lovely relaxing day,the food sounded nice at the Grand Floridian Cafe-shame about the service.Like the pics of the kiddo's in the stocks :thumbsup2 .x.

Great idea to hire the boat - can you remember how much it cost and how long you had it for?

Lovely photo's. :thumbsup2

Another lovely day and nice to do something different. I think going for 3 weeks allows you to put in more leisure time. It also looks like you escaped the heavy rain we experienced up at Islands/Universal, we ended up going to the shops.

What another great day:thumbsup2 we went to the GF cafe last year and it was really good, I have made an ADR for it this year:thumbsup2
DS Adam would love that Crazy golf we will have to go there to:banana:

Hiring the boat sounds like a great idea. Shame about the service at the GF cafe.

I wouldn't of thought about hiring a boat, it sounds like fun. Another great day :thumbsup2

The pirates golf looked fun, something i've never got round to on a trip but would like to :goodvibes

fab day- shame about the service being so poor. I would like to try a round of golf there- looks fun

Would love to know more about hiring a boat - cost etc. Looks like a lovely chilled way to spend a couple of hours.

Sara. :)

We always get the boats. You get a good discount with DVC membership.

A lovely relaxing way to spend time at WDW

susan

Great idea about the boat, looks like you had fun. We had a look round the GF, it's a beautiful resort. :goodvibes

Pirates Cove mini golf looks like fun, we have only ever been to the Disney ones. We really enjoyed hiring a boat last year, it just makes for a really relaxed morning away from the madness of the parks.

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter