J & Z are getting (re)married at the Polynesian on 8/30/13!!

jac1976

Mouseketeer
We are doing the Memories package, so there's not much to plan, but I am still so excited!

We met 17 years ago while we were in college- he was a freshman and I was a junior. We met at a winter fraternity formal dance. We dated for 4 years before he proposed. After college he joined the Navy. While he was at Officer Candidate School (OCS) 9/11 happened and completely changed everything. He graduated from OCS and immediately after the ceremony took me to the base chapel where he dropped down on one knee and proposed using his great great grandmother's 125 year old ring.

We were married in the church where he grew up in 2003. 10 years, 4 moves, 3 animals, 2 deployments and 2 children later- here we are, still madly in love. :-)

Last year he was promoted to Lieutenant Commander which pretty much guarantees that he will be able to make a career out of the military (although after 8 years active duty he switched to the reserves.) We decided that so much has happened over the past 10 years and we have changed so much, we want to rededicate ourselves to each other and our family.

We will have a small ceremony- just the kids and us this August and I am so excited!

Attire

I'm still undecided about my dress- thinking of a simple white tea length dress with possibly a hot pink accent. I went with a big ballgown for our wedding 10 years ago and am looking for something much much simpler. Plus, the ceremony is on Luau Beach, so I'll be in sandals.

The accent color comes from the dress my 5 year old daughter picked out to wear. She fell in love with this dress and I couldn't see a good reason to tell her she couldn't wear it, so she decided the color scheme for me.

I'm hoping my husband will agree to wear his chokers (the white uniform for Naval Officers.) He wore them at our first wedding and he just looks so handsome when he is in them.

That just leaves my 8 year old son. I'm not sure what he should wear- maybe khaki pants and a white shirt? If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Congratulations (double congratulations!) and welcome! I love reading about vow renewals, it's so romantic. I love your ideas for attire, they all seem very classic and appropriate for a beach wedding. And I really love the dress your daughter picked out, I wish it came in my size! Haha!

Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

Congratulations! I think it is so great that you've decided to reaffirm your love and commitment to each other. The military life adds a whole extra level of difficulty to any marriage and I really respect those that don't just struggle through it, but celebrate it and are still passionate about their marriage!

I love the dress your daughter picked out. I think putting your son in a white shirt and cacky pants will be perfect.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans...

Brooke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter