• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I've lost interest in planning our

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
non-DVC trips. :eek:

Going to Laughlin at the end of August (for our anniversary), but I am spendng all my trip planning time on our December trip to BWV. And all of the planning for that is actually done - just have to "execute" the PS and CP Dinner Package plans to be totally done. So it's probably more accurate to say I'd rather think/dream about a trip to WDW than work on plans for our anniversay trip to Laughlin. (Pls don't tell my DH. He doesn't know, even though he probably suspects). :( :(

Anyone know what I have? Is there a treatment program?

:p :teeth: :teeth:

This may just answer your question :)

Disneyitis (Dis ney i' tis) n 1. Condition related to the uncontrollable desire to return to the World. Subjects with this condition are known to frequent note files, web pages, and newsgroups. Only known relief is a trip to Walt Disney World. There is no permanent cure....and no cure is being researched as those afflicted don't WANT one! Has also been known to infect Disneylanders. People who suffer from Disneyitis have also been known to spend an unusual amount of time at their local Disney Stores to temporarily relieve some of the symptoms associated with the disease. They will also tape, watch, re-watch, and re-re watch Disney videos, specials, parades, vacation planners, etc. Also will subscribe to Disney Magazine, and will read every brochure on Disney they can get their hands on. They will sport hats, coats, jackets, pants, and carry bags with Disney logos. Can't go more than one full year without going to the world without becoming suicidal, or worse, Homicidal! And no matter how many vacation days they take, they always seem to get ticked off at everything one or even two days before they have to leave the world and go back to the rat race.

Whatever you have Carol, I have a baaaaddd case of it too!:(

DBF and I always take two weeks off in August and travel around New England/New York area. He wants ME to decide where we are going to stay and what our itinerary is going to be and my interest in that is pretty much zip!!! However, I HAVE made ressies for BCV and OKW for January and we will be staying for 3 days at AKL too, so I am keeping my eyes peeled for a discount on that, and I have already booked the rent a car for January too....My only saving grace is that I think in this August's trip I am going to get us over to Saratoga Springs, NY for a day, just so we can see what it's like so I can compare it to the new DVC Saratoga Springs.

I don't know if there is a treatment program, but if you find one could you let me know?:confused:

Count me in! When we went to Las Vegas almost 3 years ago, I sat on the plane wishing it was going to Orlando instead! My Mom and I talked about going to LV this fall but she kept saying she doesn't think she could stand the almost 5 hour flight out. So you know what my solution was - let's go to WDW instead even though we've got reservations for early December! It's only 2 hours on the plane! We got AP's! And the best excuse - we've never been to MNSSHP! :D I haven't booked it yet, I'm waiting for a good room rate and plane fare to justify an extra trip!

Annie,

Nice pictures. They make me want to go home though! :( Thanks for sharing!!

Allison BVC 6/03

I can't believe this- I was just thinking the same thing!! I'm going to the beach in two weeks, and I just can't get myself to focus on it...I can't figure out why. Maybe, I'm just too busy concentrating on our next trip to OKW!!!!

My wife and I have only been back for nine days after a twelve day visit, and I almost ask her if she thought we could squeeze another short trip in this summer, even though we're already booked to return for eight days beginning Xmas day. I'm not asking her, only because I'm afraid she'd assent, and we'd have to cancel our beach trip to the Outer Banks of NC, and borrow points from 2004 which we're going to use for another summer trip in June. We bought 100 more add-on points when we made our recent first trip "Home". I'm actually hoping BCV sells out before we go back in December so temptation is removed. Disneyitis is a frightening malady. Maybe I'll have a telethon to raise money for a cure (two 2000 point contracts at each resort). I will only resort to that if I don't win the $240 million Powerball jackpot Wednesday night.

We're waiting for ROFR on a resale - can't wait to plan a vacation to Disney :Pinkbounc We were also bit by the mouse when we were there in March so I understand!

However, we've also been bit by the National Park bug! We're planning a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park (our 8th!) . We were at Yellowstone/Teton and Hawaii Volcano parks the last couple of years. You can't beat the beauty and diversity of our national parks!!! I also love planning these trips!!!!

We've made three western trips from PA to various National Parks including Yellowstone/Tetons. Glacier National Park in Montana may be the most beautiful of them all. Include it it your plans, but don't wait too long. I heard recently on a TV special that the glaciers there may be completely melted by 2030. The scenery will still be breathtaking, but they might need to change the name(?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter