I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the Ontario press conference. Sounds like they are going to offer vaccines for 18+ in some very specific areas (hot spots) not sure what those areas are.

Waiting for the J&J to arrive as well, aren't we getting some of that this month? One dose, done. I will take whatever I can get though, and that includes the AZ even though I'm 46 and below the age range. I'm glad they are addressing some of the hot spots, but hope those not in hot spots aren't forgotten. It's all so tiring, stay home, stay safe. All good in the winter but now the weather warms up and everyone wants to be out and about. I guess we are getting there, Ontario is 60+ across the province (to make an appointment any way), that was a 10 year jump from 70 and in only 10 days I think? So hopefully I'll be in line soon.

I see this the Canadian board, but here in the States, you can pick your vaccine preference then search who has it and call and make an appointment. This is for anyone 16 and older (with guardian for 16-17yo).

I have not seen AstraZenica as an Option. Pfizer, Moderna (I got mine in February and husband gets his first dose next week), and Johnson & Johnson are available in my area.

I see this the Canadian board, but here in the States, you can pick your vaccine preference then search who has it and call and make an appointment. This is for anyone 16 and older (with guardian for 16-17yo).

I have not seen AstraZenica as an Option. Pfizer, Moderna (I got mine in February and husband gets his first dose next week), and Johnson & Johnson are available in my area.

AstraZeneca has not been approved in the US yet. And we have approved j&j but have not gotten any yet. Really the only choice we have here is that the AstraZeneca is the only thing being offered at pharmacies. If you don’t want that you have to wait and go through your local public Heath.

Pretty much take what you can get.

I’m in a hot spot. Where can we book? Anywhere I go says 60+

I think it might vary? From what I can see for the Ottawa area, they are not booking appointments for these even though from what the province says they should be... The provinces online booking doesn't seem to be updated yet either. Hopefully everything gets sorted soon... Maybe check with your local public health site?

From the OPH site:
Phase 2 - Ottawa Public Health is NOT currently booking for the groups below. Please continue to check this webpage for updates.

Thank you. Hoping my postal code will allow 18+ to get vaccinated. I was telling dh yesterday that my Disney planning skills are being put to use. Scoring a vaccine appointment is not unlike booking hard to get FastPasses and ADRs. I can’t go to Disney , but I can book vaccine appointments!

Thank you. Hoping my postal code will allow 18+ to get vaccinated. I was telling dh yesterday that my Disney planning skills are being put to use. Scoring a vaccine appointment is not unlike booking hard to get FastPasses and ADRs. I can’t go to Disney , but I can book vaccine appointments!

Hi Hon
Ok I mean no politics here BUT
When the Province announces something it seems they are sometimes forgetting to let the important people (pharmacies ,, Dr. etc ) know
of the plans. The plans do get rolled out but usually a few days later.
Keep an eye on your local health Dept media and also the Provinces.

Peel & Toronto in particular.

https://www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus/vaccine/book-appointment/https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-1...d-19-vaccines/covid-19-how-to-get-vaccinated/
Ontario Public Health locator
put your postal code in
https://www.phdapps.health.gov.on.ca/PHULocator/Results.aspx
Hugs
Mel

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here for a few years but have been following along with this thread. It's so good to see so many finally getting vaccinated. My wife and I were eligible for the AZ vaccine at the drive thru clinic in Regina for 55+ age group, so this past weekend we went and got our first shot. After getting the typical symptoms that others have described, we are back to normal and so glad to have that done. Regina, in particular, has been hit hard with the B117 variant the last few weeks so we did not hesitate to get our shot when we became eligible.

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here for a few years but have been following along with this thread. It's so good to see so many finally getting vaccinated. My wife and I were eligible for the AZ vaccine at the drive thru clinic in Regina for 55+ age group, so this past weekend we went and got our first shot. After getting the typical symptoms that others have described, we are back to normal and so glad to have that done. Regina, in particular, has been hit hard with the B117 variant the last few weeks so we did not hesitate to get our shot when we became eligible.

Hi Hon
So happy to hear you were both able to get your shots.
Thanks for sharing.:)
Bell Well
Hugs
Mel

A couple of bits of positive vaccine news that you may have missed with the media focused elsewhere.

1. Ontario administered almost 105,000 shots in one day on Tuesday. That is getting much closer to the million or so per week they're aiming for.

2. NACI said today that although they still are recommending a timeline of 4 months between shots, it is likely that most people will receive their second shot earlier than that with the current supply projections.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...s-as-supply-increases-vaccine-panel-1.5377639
Stay safe everyone and hang in there!

A couple of bits of positive vaccine news that you may have missed with the media focused elsewhere.

1. Ontario administered almost 105,000 shots in one day on Tuesday. That is getting much closer to the million or so per week they're aiming for.

2. NACI said today that although they still are recommending a timeline of 4 months between shots, it is likely that most people will receive their second shot earlier than that with the current supply projections.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...s-as-supply-increases-vaccine-panel-1.5377639
Stay safe everyone and hang in there!

Hi Etch
1617836639574.png
I haven't seen you in awhile.
I hope all is well with you and your family.
Thank-you for taking the time to share the above information , it is appreciated.

Hugs
Mel

Everything is well. Thanks for asking Mel! Congrats on your first dose!

Really enjoyed the thread with people starting to get their vaccines so I thought I would chime in.

I still poke around the forum but you'll see me lots more when I start thinking about WDW and collecting Air Miles again.

Thank you for reporting. I go for my first Astra shot on Sunday. I was a little hesitant earlier today but Mel and Jacqueline straightened me out. Looking forward to it now and what it will mean for us all getting out of this.

DH had his first Astra shot today and he's not feeling anything (yet!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter