It's the Sling ...... Again

That’s disappointing! I really hope when we sail again next year that we finally get something different!!

Can you explain what a sling is and who gets one?!

it’s referring to the castaway club gift that is given to every stateroom that is a returning cruiser (so after cruise #1 you are a ‘castaway club’ member)

the current gift is a sling backpack that has been given now for atleast 4 years and while some love it- others don’t (or liked it once but after multiple voyages..)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 117

If you are a first time cruiser and wants one- I guarantee if you say something in your cruise group you’d end up with one or five..
Oh thanks for the pic! I am a first time cruiser! Sling looks pretty cool but I’m sure you folks who have been on more than one would surely love something different!

Oh thanks for the pic! I am a first time cruiser! Sling looks pretty cool but I’m sure you folks who have been on more than one would surely love something different!
I have four in my closet and have given away at least one bag, maybe two.

@Disneyloverliz, as a first time cruiser: make a magnet for your door "FIRST TIME DCL CRUISE" and I'll bet you'll get some hung on your fish.

I watched the Karen Bee vlog and saw that she had a sling bag in her room. I'm glad they still recognized the test cruise as "official" and gave her the silver status and gift.

I am not surprised at all that DCL still has sling bags(but how unfortunate). They've probably been dying to distribute them at this point and I agree that they should just give them out to everyone in the stateroom. If I cruise in Sept, I'll get another one and probably give it away as I have too many already! To be honest, I'll actually be really happy to see the slingbag because it means I'm back on board.

Ours just gave up the good fight and became a rag in the last couple of months, it was so threadbare and pathetic, I just couldn't bring myself to put it back in the linen closet again.

I'd love if they bring the towel back, I have enough sling bags:)

We have 3 or 4 of the towels in various stages of decomposition. I also hate to part with them but 2 are so threadbare they are basically rags by now. We use all our Disney towels as bath towels so they get used all the time, not just for pool or beach use.

MJ

Thanks to all of our UK friends for your sacrifice. Hopefully they run out of sling bags during the UK cruises.

Here is something to think about. As we all know most thing are more expensive now and DCL has lost an unfathomable amount of money. Whatever they replace the sling bags with will most likely cost DCL a lot less money. I wouldn't be surprised if they move to something like a plastic cup or keychain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter