its official... world of color is replacing illuminations

I too don't remember any really bad posts but they may have been deleted by a mod. I do remember a few honestly upset people who fell for the Title and expected real info, particularly a few days after the post.

This is the kind of post that only works one day a year. ;)

Same here...but there have been several threads lately of similar nature (X is coming, mark my words, it's official...), some of which there WERE some nasty responses (several threads have been locked for a time for "cleansing" and cool down), but others responses were civilized and still being called rude or uncalled for.

What's even more interesting is that I don't recall a single "X is coming" post actually turning out to be true, either, recently. You'd think by the law of averages at least one would be right...

I understand what you are saying. It is very important to let the OP know how to go about posting up rumors or "official" information and having some details to back up whatever claims are being made. However, the "have some sense" comment was directed more so towards those who responded to the post. They were rude and obnoxious to her and I made it my business to point out that "those people" should have more sense and addressed her differently:sad2:. How is anyone supposed to feel welcomed on the Disboards when others respond so rudely? Just Sayin'.:rolleyes1

Exactly! :thumbsup2

Every darn time I see "It's official" it totally throws me off when it's not really official. I've seen this thread a hundred times and every time it bothers me that Disney is taking away Illuminations, but they really aren't.

Okay, I've noticed this thread for ages now, and I've held it in for so long, but I just have to ask. Why hasn't the OP (or even a mod for that matter) changed the title to where it doesn't say "it's official"? It obviously isn't, but people are still being fooled into it, getting confused/excited/devastated/etc. and clicking the link. I mean, keep the topic, but at least change the title to where we discuss what'd happen IF WoC did indeed replace Illuminations? :confused3

I want no trouble here, I just don't want more people to be misled. :flower3:

How could you title your post "official" when it is a clearly unsubstantiated rumor? With only 8 posts under your belt your going to develop a reputation very quickly.

HEY MICHAEL!!!!!!!!! GO EASY ON HER SHE IS NEW>..Lighten up!! pixiedust:

If I hear one more person say "remove the word official because someone could be fooled into believing its true", my brain is going to pop.

Seriously..? We' re worried about someone being "fooled" so much that it keeps getting harped on again and again.

Apparently this is the level on which this board deals, on an all too regular basis. Step away from the keyboard, and go back to playing Halo, and I promise you that no one will be maimed or die because of "official".

No need to beat this dead horse. Just move on if you don't like it.

Well, it appears that the OP only made 8 posts total and then disappeared after being flamed to death, so to job well done there...

I think part of the confusion comes from experience. To somebody new to WDW or DIS, hearing something from a cast member qualifies as "official". More experienced people know that just because one CM (out of thousands, who probably doesn't have firsthand knowledge of a project) tells you something doesn't mean it's "official".

Yet how many more experienced people take the word of one CM from 10 years ago as "official" in other ways? For example (just to drag in more controversy, because there's not enough here), many people think that their refillable mugs are good "forever" just because a sign over the drink machine 10 years ago said so? Sure, a printed sign is different than simple word of mouth, but did the CM who made the sign have the official right to do so? Was that something that Disney "officially" offered, or did many CMs and managers just think it was so? Who knows? And how many people continue to refill their old mugs, IN SPITE of signs saying that you shouldn't, just because the CM near the mug station didn't say anything and/or allowed it after a protest, so that makes it officially okay?

Official, when it comes to Disney (or other huge companies) is a very nebulous term. Please stop being so hard on newbies for not understanding this.

Okay, I've noticed this thread for ages now, and I've held it in for so long, but I just have to ask. Why hasn't the OP (or even a mod for that matter) changed the title to where it doesn't say "it's official"? It obviously isn't, but people are still being fooled into it, getting confused/excited/devastated/etc. and clicking the link. I mean, keep the topic, but at least change the title to where we discuss what'd happen IF WoC did indeed replace Illuminations? :confused3

I want no trouble here, I just don't want more people to be misled. :flower3:

Agree 100%. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life because of the title.

The OP has not logged in since shortly after the post. I've reported the thread to have a mod perhaps change it, but obviously they haven't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter