its official... world of color is replacing illuminations

minniegirl19

Mouseketeer
In the morning disney is announcing illuminations is being replaced with world of color. Source is a cast member who works there. excited but sad at the same time

In the morning disney is announcing illuminations is being replaced with world of color. Source is a cast member who works there. excited but sad at the same time

lol!

that's "official"...we'll see. cast member comments have about a 1 in 10 shot of being true.

75-84 million dollar cost? I dunno...guess its not the craziest idea...but still.

EPCOT has started to have some attendance problems...an illuminations is dated...but still. Officially they should S-can Fantasmic first...you talk about tired and that's it to a T.

If they cloned WoC as is, then surely they would have to completely drain the lagoon, line it with concrete, then build water filtration systems to keep the water clean so that it doesn't damage the fountains. Presumably they would then have to separate the lagoon from the lake in the Epcot resort areas and the canal to the Studios.

Furthermore, WoC is very directional, so would not really be suitable for Epcot lagoon unless they built huge purpose-built viewing areas. Personally I find it hard to believe that they would ever do this. If WOC was to come to WDW, then I would think it would be as a scaled-down replacement for Fantasmic.

I would love to see WOC at WDW, but not to replace Illuminations. That show is still a big draw. Fantasmic is good but makes more sense to put it there.

O boy, lol. I actually wouldn't mind this at all, if it were true. I love new things, if it's done right. Are you sure this is being announced this morning or later tonight at the press event that is scheduled?

Can't say that it seems likely. If you've seen it, World of Color is a show you have to be up close to. The World Showcase Lagoon is so NOT that.

I'll believe this one when I see it.

if I'm wrong i apologize I'm just saying what someone told me... to me i don't think it seems likely either but who knows with disney we will see

How could you title your post "official" when it is a clearly unsubstantiated rumor? With only 8 posts under your belt your going to develop a reputation very quickly.

if I'm wrong i apologize I'm just saying what someone told me... to me i don't think it seems likely either but who knows with disney we will see

If "someone" told you, then it's unofficial in a big way

if I told you mickey mouse was actually a rat, that doesn't mean it's official

I always find it funny when people post that they should get rid of a show or attraction because it is dated.

For someone who visits WDW yearly it is an old show that has been going on since before the millenium. For someone who is making their first visit to EPCOT and sees the syncronized fireworks and music with fireballs it is quite impressive.

I saw Illuminations during the Millenium celebration. Now after seeing it many times I don't see it the same way but I still appreciate the show. My family is less impressed than I am.

I think that they could make changes to improve or modernize the show but as PP mentioned, World of Color would not fit right in the World Showcase area.

hope this isnt true..keep illuminations at epcot and give DAK a night time show

It's hard to give a show to AK because of the animals and the fireworks issue so that probably won't happen. This is exciting but sad at the same time I've always loved illuminations i think it would be really cool to some how combine the two shows at Epcot. Illuminations is just one of those things I always look forward to at Epcot it's one of the best shows around but I have not seen the WoC so idk what to think of this right now. I've also always wanted to see illuminations at Christmas time I've heard for the fireworks are amazing so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That would suck. I try to end every day at DW in Epcot with illuminations and some beer or margaritas.

You may want to change the title of the thread then since it seems you have no way of knowing for sure that this is the case.

You don't even believe it's true but you claimed "its official":confused3

based on a comment from a CM

:rotfl2:

Maybe if your source was something credible, like a bus driver.

Wow I feel bad for the original poster!! Last time I checked this is an open forum for people who love Disney to be able to feel welcome amongst other people who love Disney. I'm sure intentions were good, and I'm sure they will now be leery to post anything in the future. I recommended Dis Forums to my sister, and she just joined yesterday. After seeing the reactions to this post she is now hesitant to ever post anything on here. She has stated that she thought this forum was supposed to be "Magical". :confused3

It's hard to give a show to AK because of the animals and the fireworks issue so that probably won't happen. This is exciting but sad at the same time I've always loved illuminations i think it would be really cool to some how combine the two shows at Epcot. Illuminations is just one of those things I always look forward to at Epcot it's one of the best shows around but I have not seen the WoC so idk what to think of this right now. I've also always wanted to see illuminations at Christmas time I've heard for the fireworks are amazing so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

World of Color has no Fireworks (that I'm aware of) but you would have the same problem at AK as you would Epcot. A stand alone body of water that can kept clean and house the hardware needed for the show.

World of Color has no Fireworks (that I'm aware of) but you would have the same problem at AK as you would Epcot. A stand alone body of water that can kept clean and house the hardware needed for the show.

Exactly AK doesn't have a good sport for the WoC they would need to build something for it at AK

Wow I feel bad for the original poster!! Last time I checked this is an open forum for people who love Disney to be able to feel welcome amongst other people who love Disney. I'm sure intentions were good, and I'm sure they will now be leery to post anything in the future. I recommended Dis Forums to my sister, and she just joined yesterday. After seeing the reactions to this post she is now hesitant to ever post anything on here. She has stated that she thought this forum was supposed to be "Magical". :confused3

None of the responses to the OP were nasty, they were just pointing out that the information may not be reliable. If you are going to post something as "official news" you need to be sure you can back it up. If the op had titled the thread "Rumor: WOC replacing Illumination" it wouldn't have been so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter