It's Official... Fort in June 2017/ June TR thread

Yeah.... DW and I were talking tonight..... Do we leave Late tomorrow (6/23) or early Saturday (6/24) Sucks either way though.
We are leaving early Saturday morning. We are on site 930.. We are back for week in Oct so it's not so bad... look us up..

So today was supposed to be a leisure morning and an evening at AK. Well.... Plans changed. After a late night in MK last night, and early O'hana reservations... we scratched most of AK. We did have a FP for Flight of Passage among others, but only DD12 and I went to the FOP Fast Pass. Then we came back to the camper. DD12 did some drawing (to have the characters sign) and then we had another dinner at TE. Then back to the pool until it closed. Still a busy day but not so rigid. That's the way I like it.

Now, let me just say this about the FOP. If you like Soarin' I think you will love FOP. Be warned though, that FOP is much more intensive and certainly immersive. It's definitely a ride that I would do again. Would I wait in the line for 2 hours? Probably not, but I would certainly do it again.

Tomorrow, we have to return the Golf Cart. Might not be a bad thing except they have the road blocked in the middle of the Orange route between the meadows and Pioneer hall. That's got everything screwed up. I do have some pictures but Can't currently upload them. So I am taking the cart back at 8 am. Our Morning breakfast reservations we cancelled. Again, a morning pool day.... then a leisurely evening at the MK with CP reservations. Probably come back and have most things packed and ready to go home. Probably get up about 5AM Saturday to get an early start.

I have tons of pictures from the Photo Pass and our cameras so there may be some more to follow. (Hopefully)

So I am sitting here in the camper, our last full day at the Fort. I am the only one awake, because I have to go return the Golf Cart. I am drinking my coffee, and of course the AC is on. So it finally cools down enough inside for the AC to shut off (Particularly after I shut my stove off from making coffee in an old fashion Perc Pot). I hear this sound. It's a tapping sound. It's over by our pantry area. So I get up to try and investigate it. So when I stand up... the sound stopped. Hmm... Did @tiggerdad send over the NSS?:squirrel: Certainly have seen a lot of them around but I have been kind to them. I hope not, because this TT is less than 2 years old and the DW will take on ALL the NSS if they were damaging her new TT.

Anyway, it stopped when I stood up, but I froze too. It eventually (within a minute) started again. Hmmm... What the heck. I crept over by the pantry to try and localize where it was coming from....... Opened the top pantry cabinet (where most the food is)...... NOTHING! That's sort of a relief... Sort of not. But I figured if it was an animal (NSS or not) it would have frightened them... Nope, it continued. So I checked the bottom pantry. Nope, not there either. So I looked out a window on our slide to see if I could see anything..... Nada!

Alright then, outside I go. Around the front of the TT down the "Utility" Side and there it was... Plain as day. Water dripping down the gutter over the slide onto the Outdoor shower cover. :sad2:

Well another mystery solved. Now I can finish my coffee and go return the Golf Cart.

:lmao:

Paul be careful on the trip home. Was just watching Fox 29 and they are calling for Heavy rain this evening and extra heavy between like 5 and 9 tomorrow morning If I see More I will shoot you a message

Paul be careful on the trip home. Was just watching Fox 29 and they are calling for Heavy rain this evening and extra heavy between like 5 and 9 tomorrow morning If I see More I will shoot you a message

I saw some forecast that put it going up north towards home.... It looked like I wouldn't see much until I got closer to home. Will be keeping an eye on it though.
Thanks for also looking out for us as well. :D

Oh they're quieter than that Paul.
Quieter? Maybe.... Sneakier? Definitely!

I was worried because I didn't have the appropriate "Tribute" handy to pay for my protection.

I saw some forecast that put it going up north towards home.... It looked like I wouldn't see much until I got closer to home. Will be keeping an eye on it though.
Thanks for also looking out for us as well. :D

Quieter? Maybe.... Sneakier? Definitely!

I was worried because I didn't have the appropriate "Tribute" handy to pay for my protection.
Happy to keep an eye on the weather for you. Three years ago we extended our trip by 3 days as weather from Georgia to Virginia was called for heavy rain and HIGH WINDS Was a good choice as a friend told me it was no better here at home.
Didn't I tell you NOT to disable the trip flares and Claymores till just before you leave

It's ok, I got this....
Whew!!!
Glad someone's got my back.

Been too busy relaxing and crying. The slow pack up begins. :(

Returned the cart this AM. Then went to the pool for a couple of hours. Now I am waiting for DW to buy her candy gifts for friends and family back home. Then we are going to go to MK for a few attractions and a CP ADR for dinner.

peg110, enjoyed your trip & so sorry about the waffles & your knife. Grumpy Aggie would not be happy if they took his knife. Have a safe trip home & pray the rain & high wind goes away.

No very humid today in the MK. It is, however, VERY hot

Just finished ADRs at CP which as nice. So glad we have the Tables In Wonderland.

Now we are off to see Minnie and Daisy. Then to some fast passes.

So we were up at 530 am. Finished the year down and got on the road by 620 am.

Managed to some fringes of TS Cindy about 90 minutes ago. It was pretty bad too. We are well on our way to being. In North Carolina but stopped at a Cracker Barrel for dinner. Hopping to get 4 or 5 more hours of "Drive" time in today. It may be tough though as I am getting beat.

Good Luck and Safe travels. If you get to DC area, you are doing great. If not, at least you are travelling on a Sunday. It should make for a hopefully a speedy ride home.

Good Luck and Safe travels. If you get to DC area, you are doing great. If not, at least you are travelling on a Sunday. It should make for a hopefully a speedy ride home.
Taking the slightly longer but less stressful route 4 - 26 - 77 - 81. Hate the DC route. Went through it once on a Sunday with that same thought and it was busier Then ever.

Do be fooled about DC traffic and Sundays.

Paul hope trip home stays safe Remember if you get too tired the effect is akin to driving and drinking. Better to get home a little later than expected than to not get there at all. Hey if it's year down time how come I am not running around trying to get ready for my trip and spending the rest of my time in the woods looking for Mr Willy Goodie for the dogs and I to eat

Taking the slightly longer but less stressful route 4 - 26 - 77 - 81. Hate the DC route. Went through it once on a Sunday with that same thought and it was busier Then ever.

Do be fooled about DC traffic and Sundays.

That is the way we go down and we love it. On the way home we split the trip and stay in Fort Chiswell, VA. This makes the trip back about 8 hours each day of travel.

Safe travels sir. Appreciate you taking the time to bring us along.

Wow... What a long trip home that was. We pulled over Saturday Night to get some sleep. I really didn't sleep very well. Got up at 4:30 AM. Grabbed some quick breakfast (Cereal) and got on the road. After a couple of hours of driving, a lot of coffee and a 5 hour energy (UGH. Nasty tasting :crazy2:), I realized I needed a bit more of a rest to continue. So we pulled off at the Harrisonburg, VA Pilot travel center. I set the alarm for 90 minutes and went RIGHT TO SLEEP. This time There was no tossing and turning. I went out. (Even with all the caffeine).

I woke up in about an hour and felt much better. So we packed back up, pulled around front to top of the gas since we were already there. No problem. DW went inside with DD12 while I got the gas. I finished up and went to be the "Courteous" person to pull the rig out of the way. Well wouldn't you know it, people were parked in such a way to make it inconvenient. There was a car straight ahead of me in front of the building that was pulling out, and the rest of the side of the parking area where I was going to turn was clear. Great... I can pull out far and take it wide. So it pulled out and another car pulled in to a spot towards the right. It prevented me from taking it as wide as I would have liked. (Sigh). Okay... I won't go as wide as I wanted... Well that was a mistake. :scared1: Crunch..... Tail swing on a 37 foot TT is a lot more than most. And my driver's side tail of the TT decided to jump into the pump and the concrete on the end. >:( Crunched some of the lower trim, bent the stabilizer and crumpled (a little) of the bumper for the sewer hose. The only thing it really did to the pump, besides knock the hose down was busted the Plastic hook that the hose rests on.

Took me about an hour (with some help to a wonderful bystander who left before I could truly thank him). I ended up having to "Unhitch" re-position the truck to change the "Angle" of travel a bit. But in the end I did get it out. I was more upset that it happened at all and less about the damage (which was minor in comparison). The manager (Peggy) was so nice. I asked if she needed anything from me for a report or insurance, she was just like, "No honey... At least you stopped to take care of it." Apparently a couple of weeks earlier an "Impatient" driver in a "CAR" took out 1 or 2 pumps and just kept going. Wow!

So while we did make it home safely, it was not unscathed. A few "Bumps" and "Bruises" on the TT but I reckon it could have been much worse.

So now I work on the recovery, of ME, the Family, and the trailer. A new set of stabilizers is about $100 (with the shipping added in). Although that's for 4 of them and I only need one, I am happy to have the spares. Might even consider installing some in the middle for better stabilization.

Still need to sort through all the pictures, so more to follow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!