• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's not a cruise UNTIL...

Since they've sailed out of Galveston, it's been when we first see the ship while getting Starbucks across from the harbor.
On our Port Canaveral based cruises, once we got on the Disney cruise shuttles at MCO.
Although putting our luggage tags on the night before we leave the house (last thing before we load the luggage into the car) also is a big trip moment for us.
Boarding and looking up in the atrium makes me cry.
Hearing the horn is pretty awesome but I'm all the way into vacation mode by then.

great thread:banana::love::banana: it makes u feel good:) can see ship...hear the horns...taste the food ... can hardly wait.we r on the dream 31 oct 13.

as the other half of JJGarv....the cruise for me starts as soon as our plane takes off from BWI!

Not too funny for a certain son of mine, but for years now we've been saying, "it's not a vacation until Ethan throws up!" My poor motion sick kid!

:rotfl2: Sounds like my daughter! Although for her it's all the tension of the anticipation gives way, along with anything she's eaten for the last day and a half!

Yeah, you might not want to sit next to us on the first day of the cruise :rolleyes1

Coming into port and seeing the ship for the first time...the size and beauty of it is just pure awe. I look at other ships and nothing compares to a Disney boat!
This is when my holiday becomes reality!! :beach:

OP here.. What a bunch of great responses and feedback! I think I might start doing an "Eva Sue's Feel-Good post of the Week" to help supplement some of the bickering, haha! ;)

I love this thread! So much happiness! :yay:

I'd say stepping from land (port) to ship is a big vacation moment, but the horn is probably the best part!

Not too funny for a certain son of mine, but for years now we've been saying, "it's not a vacation until Ethan throws up!" My poor motion sick kid!

Ugh, us too! Our son gets sick on half of our vacations. :headache:

Love hanging out in the terminal waiting to be called to board (excitement keeps building) and then walking through the "ears".....also feel it is cruise time when I walk up the gangway and enter the ship for the first time...feels like home:love:

MJ

This is my family's first cruise... for me it will be walking into the Port Canaveral cruise terminal on embarkation day in 74 days.

Martin

We are in our stateroom, unpacked, watching the ship sail away from our verandah.......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For me it is having the drink of the day watching the ship pull away from port.....oh happy times!

For us it's as soon as we walk through the Mickey tunnel to board. Just thinking about it makes me smile.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter