It's Cheaper to Do This than That Thread

I have only recently noticed that some of my glass measuring cups have raised up measurements on the sides and some have red print....that is wearing off from running them through the dishwasher. I will be buying raised up measurements on glass measuring cups if I have to replace any of them.

Wow! Who dragged this thread up from the bottom of the pile! My goodness.

For us, it is cheaper to buy a MoviePass, which gives us 1 different movie a day every month, than it is to buy tickets for every movie we want to see. We go to the movies a lot & $10/month is less than the cost of one evening ticket at some local theatres.
We still buy on occasion for movies we want to see opening weekend but that just means we get a second viewing, which we often want.

I am looking to sign up for moviepass for my middle son and I this month! He is a huge movie goer and has a long list of movies he wants to see, so once July starts I plan on signing up. I would have done it earlier except I kept getting free tickets with mycokerewards and kelloggsfamilyrewards etc. so I put it off.

Um, no, because refreshment sales are the primary source of revenue for movie theaters?

Yea, but their prices are obscene. No where near reasonable.

Got rid of my car 17 years ago and got a bicycle to commute to work. Easier to afford the Disney trips that way.

You are my hero! :worship:If I only could find the motivation!

I freeze over ripe bananas in their peels and then use them to make banana bread in the winter. I have never had a problem with them.

I do too! My ice cube bin in the freezer is filled with bananas! My sons find it annoying though, but I also make oatmeal bars with the bananas and they love those.

I use only carry-on luggage when I travel. I'm done with lugging suitcases, but I also refuse to pay baggage fees.

It's harder when I'm cruising DCL and need to dress up for dinner. I bring day clothes that can also pass for 'dressy' by adding a sparkly scarf, a chunky necklace, putting my hair up, adding a smoky eye and a bold lip. I turn my flip flops into dress shoes by adding decorative clip-on earrings to the front of them.

I also pack an old fashioned laundry bar instead of detergent as it doesn't have to go into the TSA 311 quart bag. The clothes I bring are made of thin, practical fabrics that I can wash out in a sink.

Yeah, I'm a wacko, but I traveled with 3 little boys years ago and I am so done with lugging stuff around!

Last edited:

So a rather small one, but found that Chicken Fajitas do not need the little packets. :idea: Really just need ground cumin, chili powder and onion powder sprinkled on the meat prior to cooking and by the midpoint of cooking sprinkle Rice Vinegar on the meat/bell peppers/sliced onions. We decided it tastes better this way too.

Never buy salad mix in a clam shell. Organic kale at Kroger is 1.29 pp. salad mix is $4-6 pp. it takes a minutes to chop and wash.

Pinto and black beans can be bought at Sam’s in huge bags. I’ve paid as little as 60 cents per pound.

Sams also has a huge container of ranch mix. It is much much cheaper than envelopes.

One more sams, it’s cheaper to buy gift cards to certain restaurants. I’ve seen cards for 20% off to chains. Mix that with a coupon and you can save quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts