It's been 549 days but we are finally home! ~ an August '21 birthday celebration! New PTR link 01/02

Imagine our excitement when we secured group 84! Yay! We were high fiving and hugging.....I may or may not have been jumping up and down. This put a whole new spin on our day!
Woohoo!!!! So happy you all got to experience this. I had no idea you didn't have to be in the park to make the reservation. Definitely good to know.

Our CM was brilliantly in character and really made the experience. Plus he gave Jack a whole stash of the coasters to take home which he really appreciated. See, there is pixie dust on Batuu!
We had a great CM here in June too and it makes all the difference. Our first experience here was hoo hum but he made it so much more memorable

One drink at those prices was enough for us, so we meandered across the way to Baseline Tap House. I love, love, love this spot!
Can you believe we still haven't been here? I read so many good reviews like yours and I still have no idea how we haven't made that happen

It was definitely worth waiting for and while we had a few hiccoughs with breakdowns, we made it through the whole experience and were blown away by the immersive technology.
So glad you both got to experience this and even if there were some hiccups!

Woohoo!!!! So happy you all got to experience this. I had no idea you didn't have to be in the park to make the reservation. Definitely good to know.
Yes, as long as you already tapped into Studios that morning, you can make your 1 pm reservation from anywhere on property.
We had a great CM here in June too and it makes all the difference. Our first experience here was hoo hum but he made it so much more memorable
It really does!
Can you believe we still haven't been here? I read so many good reviews like yours and I still have no idea how we haven't made that happen
What????? Baseline was basically designed with you and Jason in mind! You will love it! :)

We were up bright and early with a clear strategy in place in hopes of getting a boarding group for RotR. Sadly despite our best efforts, all groups were gone within 3 seconds!

Oh no! That's so crazy! It's insane how hard/impossible it was to get boarding groups.

We were hoping to be pilots but ended up as gunners instead.

I haven't ridden, but Nathan has a few times, and I think he'd agree with you. He said pilot was most fun but gunner was good too :)

Our 20 minute wait ended up being close to 45 minutes. While the ride itself was fun, we were both fed up with the crowds, the lack of shade and the heat.

That's really unfortunate! And really too bad that your wait was longer than expected. I often hear it being the other way, like a 30-minute posted wait ending up being 20 minutes, etc. But when it goes the opposite was it's a bad surprise instead of a good one :(

Would our luck change? Would this day turn around? That's coming up next!

I hope so!

As we had already tapped into Studios earlier in the morning, we were able to do this from the comfort of our hotel room. Imagine our excitement when we secured group 84! Yay! We were high fiving and hugging.....I may or may not have been jumping up and down. This put a whole new spin on our day!

Yay! I'm so pleased you got a boarding group and it helped to turn the day around!

Fuzzy Tauntaun (Cîroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Simply® Orange with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and "Buzz Button Tingling" Foam) for $16.00. We both enjoyed our drinks and the fun atmosphere.
IMG_9066.jpeg

These look so cool!

One drink at those prices was enough for us

A neat experience, but soo pricey! I would be done after one, too, I think.

we ended up ordering pizza from Flippers which was fresh, hot and delicious. Sometimes simple and easy just hits the spot!

Agreed! Sometimes that simple, hot, fresh pizza or quick service just hits the spot!

I haven't ridden, but Nathan has a few times, and I think he'd agree with you. He said pilot was most fun but gunner was good too :)
It was such fun... I would totally do that ride again!
That's really unfortunate! And really too bad that your wait was longer than expected. I often hear it being the other way, like a 30-minute posted wait ending up being 20 minutes, etc. But when it goes the opposite was it's a bad surprise instead of a good one :(
I think it's just the situation at HS these days. With no big shows etc so suck up the crowds, everyone ends up in the lines. :(
These look so cool!
They were great! I wonder if they have a non alcoholic option too?
A neat experience, but soo pricey! I would be done after one, too, I think.
Especially with a new 21 year old who could make short work of expensive cocktails! Our bill for the week was $$$$!
Agreed! Sometimes that simple, hot, fresh pizza or quick service just hits the spot!
It was perfect! Especially sitting out on the patio enjoying the warm weather. :)

I just caught up with your TR, looks like such a lovely first trip back! Your review of Coronado Springs makes me want to stay there again, it does look really lovely.

Can't wait to read more!

I just caught up with your TR, looks like such a lovely first trip back! Your review of Coronado Springs makes me want to stay there again, it does look really lovely.

Can't wait to read more!
So happy to have you joining in! It was so great to be back in my favourite place and of course, I am now counting down the days until I am back again! Coronado will be top of my list for a cash stay going forward. We loved it so much. :)

Awww, thanks Vanessa! It was so great to be back! Hope you had an awesome trip on Labour Day weekend. :) We didn't go for Emile's Fromage as one of the items had pistachios which I am allergic to.

We did have a good trip visiting Danielle and having her show us her new life. Sorry about the pistachios. I know it's too late but you could have still done Emile's Fromage. You can get 2 items of one of the other choices as a replacement.

As we had already tapped into Studios earlier in the morning, we were able to do this from the comfort of our hotel room. Imagine our excitement when we secured group 84! Yay! We were high fiving and hugging.....I may or may not have been jumping up and down. This put a whole new spin on our day!

:banana::banana::banana: I'm jumping up and down with you.

After perusing the menu, we both went for the Fuzzy Tauntaun (Cîroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Simply® Orange with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and "Buzz Button Tingling" Foam) for $16.00. We both enjoyed our drinks and the fun atmosphere.

I wish I had gotten this last month. I like fruity.

This was fabulous!

IMG_9072.jpeg

The freshest warm pretzel, perfectly complemented by the beer cheese sauce.

That does look good, so much better than what you get from a cart.

Here we are, happy and relaxed after our tasty snacks and bevvies! We staked out a spot close to the Rise entrance to wait for our boarding group. It was definitely worth waiting for and while we had a few hiccoughs with breakdowns, we made it through the whole experience and were blown away by the immersive technology.

You do look more relaxed and refreshed. Rise really is a whole experience.

We did have a good trip visiting Danielle and having her show us her new life. Sorry about the pistachios. I know it's too late but you could have still done Emile's Fromage. You can get 2 items of one of the other choices as a replacement.
So happy to hear you had a good visit with your sweet girl!
I wish I had gotten this last month. I like fruity.
It was really good!
You do look more relaxed and refreshed. Rise really is a whole experience.
Nothing like a beverage and snacks for a nice pick me up! We really did love Rise, even with the glitches we experienced.

The bird show is the best show!

We were so excited to head out to Animal Kingdom this morning! It is hands down my favourite park with it's immersive details. I always find something new each time I am there. We had decided against going with the crowds into Pandora and started our morning at Expedition Everest instead. EE was a walk on and so much fun! No better way to start off the day!
IMG_9081.jpeg

After EE, we headed over to the Safari. Again this was a walk on and we lucked out with a super fun guide. There were so many animals out active, especially the hippos and giraffes. Coming off the safari, we headed on the the Gorilla Falls trail and had the pleasure of seeing the latest baby gorilla. So sweet! I really wanted to go to FoLK but Jack was not having it as he informed me he doesn't do shows. I gave up on that idea but thought maybe we would check out the Maharajah Jungle Trek. This was amazing especially with a great view of the tigers and a lovely relaxing time in the aviary.

IMG_9095.jpeg

IMG_9092.JPEG

I managed to convince Jack that going to see "Feathered Friends in Flight" would be a good idea. He was initially skeptical but after the show was over, looked at me and said "Mom, the bird show is the best show!" Success!

Next up we headed to Satuli Canteen for some lunch. I always love the walkway by Nomad's Lounge. It's so pretty! So of course I had to have my official photographer take a picture!
IMG_9097.jpeg

Then I spied one of the boats coming by with Minnie and Mickey in their safari gear. Of course I had to do what any mother would and totally embarrass Jack by running back to the bridge and calling out to them.

IMG_9096.jpeg

Once at Satuli, I went for my beloved chili spiced tofu on the hearty salad. Jack went for the combo beef and chicken bowl with the noodles. I really enjoyed mine but he found his bland and said "can we not do anymore quick serve places?" An easy request to make when mom is footing the bill, right???
IMG_9098.jpeg

IMG_9099.jpeg

Next up, we head back to the Boardwalk with hopes of a special dinner. :)

We were so excited to head out to Animal Kingdom this morning! It is hands down my favourite park with it's immersive details.
You know... it used to be my least favourite park.
I doubt anything will ever replace MK for me, but... it's definitely grown on me. I love it now.
EE was a walk on
After EE, we headed over to the Safari. Again this was a walk on
Whoa. Two major rides as walk ons. :sad2:
and we lucked out with a super fun guide
Always the best when that happens. :)
Coming off the safari, we headed on the the Gorilla Falls trail and had the pleasure of seeing the latest baby gorilla. So sweet!
Heard about that. :)
I really wanted to go to FoLK but Jack was not having it as he informed me he doesn't do shows.
Doesn't... Do... Shows...
Here kitty, kitty.
psssp psssp psssp...
I managed to convince Jack that going to see "Feathered Friends in Flight" would be a good idea. He was initially skeptical but after the show was over, looked at me and said "Mom, the bird show is the best show!" Success!
Yes! :laughing:
Very nice shot of you. :)
Of course I had to do what any mother would and totally embarrass Jack by running back to the bridge and calling out to them.
:lmao:
he found his bland and said "can we not do anymore quick serve places?" An easy request to make when mom is footing the bill, right???
Oh, sure... yup. No problems... :sad2:

So sweet! I really wanted to go to FoLK but Jack was not having it as he informed me he doesn't do shows.

Funny, I used to be like this too...before I had actually seen many of the shows I used to think these were a waste of time and they were just trying to have something for people to do other than rides....but since I've been on the DIS...they have grown on me.

"Mom, the bird show is the best show!" Success!

Awesome! Maybe a gateway to other shows in future!

So glad to see you all had such a great morning in AK. II'm right there with you on it being the most immersive park. Even if it doesn't have as many attractions as they other parks you truly feel like you are in an entirely different world not just a theme park in Florida.

And kudos to a. get Jack to a show disguised as an animal experience and b. having him love it. Hope there are some more "shows" in your future.

Sorry to hear Satuli was only a success for one of you. That is surprising Jack found it bland. It's one of the few quick services that we really enjoy, though obviously much to my wallets detriment we are with Jack in the table service department.

I doubt anything will ever replace MK for me, but... it's definitely grown on me. I love it now.
Same here.....I adore Epcot and MK, HS is ok but AK has my whole heart.
Whoa. Two major rides as walk ons. :sad2:
Early mornings for the win!
Always the best when that happens. :)
Absolutely!
Doesn't... Do... Shows...
Right??? Where did I go wrong?
Very nice shot of you. :)
Thank you!
Oh, sure... yup. No problems... :sad2:
Unfortunately kindergarten teachers do not have unlimited budgets......
This is one spot we haven't gotten to yet but we've heard only good things about!
All caught up. 😘
Oh my gosh, Jenny! You guys would LOVE it there!
Funny, I used to be like this too...before I had actually seen many of the shows I used to think these were a waste of time and they were just trying to have something for people to do other than rides....but since I've been on the DIS...they have grown on me.

Awesome! Maybe a gateway to other shows in future!
I think Jack would enjoy the shows if he gave it a chance but you know how our young adult children can be.
And kudos to a. get Jack to a show disguised as an animal experience and b. having him love it. Hope there are some more "shows" in your future.
Definitely! I am happy he loved it and hopefully will get him to go to others. Although he informed me he is not going back to Disney for another five years and can't understand why I go all the time. How is he even my kid???
Sorry to hear Satuli was only a success for one of you. That is surprising Jack found it bland. It's one of the few quick services that we really enjoy, though obviously much to my wallets detriment we are with Jack in the table service department.
Well he chose not to have any sauce which does add a lot of flavour. I tried to get him to pick one but when he has made up his mind that is it. I really, really love the lounges and could happily eat at a lounge 80% of the time.

I love this outfit! You look so pretty and Animal Kingdom ready!

Next up we headed to Satuli Canteen for some lunch. I always love the walkway by Nomad's Lounge.

Agreed, one of my favorite paths in all of WDW.

Of course I had to do what any mother would and totally embarrass Jack by running back to the bridge and calling out to them.

Are you me? This is exactly what I do. We'd have a blast touring together haha!

Once at Satuli, I went for my beloved chili spiced tofu

Twins again!! I adore that tofu.

Your AK day is off to a great start. My boys say they don’t like shows in the parks either but every now and again I convince them to go to one and they always seem to enjoy it so I think it’s just that they like to moan about something and shows are it 🤣 I’m glad Jack enjoyed the bird show. Fingers crossed for more when he goes on his next trip with you in 2026 😂
Laughed when I saw that Jack asked to only do table service - my older son (24 now) had a habit of ordering steak in every restaurant the last trip we took (2018). Now don’t get me wrong I am happy to spend money on holiday and indulge ourselves but our trip was for 14 nights so I told him if he didn’t switch it up a bit and throw in the odd burger we were likely going to be 1 doing the dishes in the kitchen to pay for dinner or 2 have him treating us to a Yachtsman Steakhouse meal with wine He ordered a burger the next night and even a pizza or two on occasion thankfully🤣🤣🤣
Totally with you on the cost of those cocktails adding up. Somehow the days off expensive mocktails or light-up kiddie drinks pale by comparison.
Your official photographer did a good job on taking pictures of you looking lovely. I hope they keep the character appearances random. Makes it such fun to spot them when you aren’t expecting it.

I love this outfit! You look so pretty and Animal Kingdom ready!
Aww, thank you so much!
Agreed, one of my favorite paths in all of WDW.
Mine too!
Are you me? This is exactly what I do. We'd have a blast touring together haha!
We certainly would! Hopefully our dates will overlap one day! :)
Laughed when I saw that Jack asked to only do table service - my older son (24 now) had a habit of ordering steak in every restaurant the last trip we took (2018). Now don’t get me wrong I am happy to spend money on holiday and indulge ourselves but our trip was for 14 nights so I told him if he didn’t switch it up a bit and throw in the odd burger we were likely going to be 1 doing the dishes in the kitchen to pay for dinner or 2 have him treating us to a Yachtsman Steakhouse meal with wine He ordered a burger the next night and even a pizza or two on occasion thankfully🤣🤣🤣
Yep! Same with Jack! :rotfl2:It's my own fault as he was treated to signature restaurants since our first Disney trip when he was 8. Definitely expensive tastes, lol!
Totally with you on the cost of those cocktails adding up. Somehow the days off expensive mocktails or light-up kiddie drinks pale by comparison.
The coktails were so yummy but definitely $$$$!
Your official photographer did a good job on taking pictures of you looking lovely. I hope they keep the character appearances random. Makes it such fun to spot them when you aren’t expecting it.
Thank you so much! I love the cavalcades too...so fun and unexpected!

We had to skip the trails this past trip since pushing the W/c through there was difficult.
Im sorry Jack’s bowl wasn’t the best, we love this place!
I love your outfit, very cute!

We had to skip the trails this past trip since pushing the W/c through there was difficult.
Im sorry Jack’s bowl wasn’t the best, we love this place!
I love your outfit, very cute!
Thank you so much! I always love Chip and Dale and I found the skirt while thrifting with my youngest son, Jamie. It was exactly what I had been looking for. :)

I think a big part of the problem with Jack's bowl was that he decided he didn't like any of the sauces. I tried his chicken and thought it was good and the beef looked nicely prepared.

I'm sorry you had to miss the trails in August. Hopefully your ankle will be on the mend for December. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter